What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Hyper Poster
^ Maybe even staff dressed as loggers who tell of the horror of the mill. That would cause a stir.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Thorpe actually warns guests that Fright Nights may not be suitable for under 12s.

Maybe this ride won't have an age restriction, but more of a warning.... I'm thinking like a 12A?

I do think that age restricting a ride is silly, although I cannot think of many negative side-affects for Thorpe... So why not?

Dave

CF Legend
My two pennies that will go un-noticed.

I think this ride will be good, so stuff you all B&M lovers ;)

Its coming along nicely, the bottom of the lift will arrive soon, im sure.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ben said:
That is actually not an official quote. In nothing official is it called a maze, like, say, oh the actual new maze is?

It's going to be a, and I have a quote for you here...

"The Dead Space thingy is just a game demo that will be running like 4 nights in october by EA games. YOU WILL HAVE TO BE 18+ as the game itself has an 18+ certificate. You just go into a makeshift tent and play a level of the game. "

It's basically an advert.

Hang on, you'd rather believe something that was said here by a goon rather than an official interview presented by HauntedAttractions...

ok....

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I cant see the ride being named texas chainsaw massacre as the ride is in canada creek. Im liking the idea of having it named around the number 13. Im liking the first drop. I would be cool, if they theme a saw around the area of the 0 g roll.

Kebab

Giga Poster
No-ones really looked into the clues given on the video! There are tons!

Like I said in my previous post; watch from 0:18 to 0:21. Theres one secret clue; at the end of the video there is an empty room shown for about 1 second.. Does this spark anything? And look closely to the clues on the keys and the picture the guy on the video clearly showed us.

I really like how Thorpe are advertising this! Its like an unsolved mystery; CSI? We will never know its exact theme if you just keep on arguing about rumoured age ratings and film rights for theming.

Thought I could put this in if anyones not noticed it :p

Thorpeclue01.jpg

Well I believe thats the murderers back - any questions?

A

Anonymous

Any new pictures from today? Iv been told quite a bit has gone up.

Jools

Giga Poster
^ Great question :lol:

I am still imagining this ride to have a misterious theme,s o I am still looking to the Unknown theme, but I can just imagine Thorpe revealing a crap name like "Saw" <<<<<<<<<<NAFF!

I want an exciting name!

Swat

Hyper Poster
That person is not leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw films so thats ruled out, Nore is it Jigsaw from Saw.

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't think they will be copying any films. More making their own story for the ride. So I think it's pretty obvious that it's not going to have anything to do with 'Saw' or 'The Texas Chainsaw massacre' :p

Swat

Hyper Poster
I would love it to be themed around a old slaughter house. Hopefully Thorpe can pull this ride off seeing as there putting alot of pressure with the videos and stuff.

neo

Mega Poster
Swat said:
"Thorpe Park’s fifth maze, yes fifth maze! Is called Dead Space and has an 18 certificate! However this is a touring attraction, themed to a video game that is to be released and will only be open on selected dates."

Argh! Ok so I got a little carried away with the term “attraction” in the Fright Nights topic. It’s still an 18, but Dead Space isn’t a Thorpe Park attraction, it’s by EA Games. However, as previously stated Thorpe Park has, in the past, refused entry into the Fright Night mazes to under 12’s. In any case, Dylan is not a Fright Nights attraction.

I very highly doubt Thorpe Park will pay for the contracts from New Line cinema to create “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” ride, only to then turn away half of their customers with an 18 certificate. Thorpe Park is looking to be creating an original back-story for Dylan, like Nemesis, like Duel, which don’t have an age limits. Unless Thorpe Park is that desperate to increase capacity by decreasing its audience, an age limit won’t happen.

Photographs from the 14th September:

http://themeuk.net/Thorpe_Eurofighter_C ... n_PG2.html

(Bottom of page.)

Kebab

Giga Poster
Swat said:
I would love it to be themed around a old slaughter house. Hopefully Thorpe can pull this ride off seeing as there putting alot of pressure with the videos and stuff.

I'm placing bets that it will be themed around a slaughter house; the keys shown on the photo on the video could be the keys to the murderers slaughterhouse.. And we're going there. I'm a bit skeptical about the actual coaster though; it could be the ticket out? Or the murderers weapon of torture? Who knows!?

I haven't seen a ride advertised like this in a long while! Last time was in 1993-94; hopefully Merlin will do this really well! :p

marc

CF Legend
I do not think Thorpe would do anything that would make the ride 18.

They have got everyone talking which is what they want and all thats going to happen is you will be dissapointed that its not what you thought it would be.

The type of ride they have gone for is a family ride that 8 year olds can ride people would angry if they took their family and they could not ride as they were not 18 yet tall enough.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Marc is spot on. Here's a great idea. We need more rides which can appeal to a slightly younger demographic, yet still offer thrills to older visitors.

The Eurofighter has a relatively low height limit, and offers great thrills - the perfect ride to suit all of our needs.

Now, we'll make sure that nobody under 18 can ride it and completely shoot ourselves in the foot!

It's going to be called The-Thorpe_Furie by the way ;)

spicy

Giga Poster
I don't know why people think that this will have an age limit, of course it won't. What do you think they are going to do, I.D people at the entrance or something? :lol:

Anyway, I love the look of the drop out of the station! Wasn't expecting it to be anything like that.

I would love the beginning of the coaster for you to be at the scene of the saw mill murders.
Maybe a few animatronics, some chainsaw sound effects, bit of strobe lighting, blood on the walls. If they can theme the mazes so well, they just need to use a bit of that in there it would be brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.