What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicy

Giga Poster
I don't like cattle pens because if I am in one it means I am in a queue, and I don't like queues. The end.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Joey said:
It's a pain in the arse if you decide to abort the mission, too. You look like a plank walking back and forth.

Theres my point about the whole self conscious thing.

Cattle pens get the job done, saves space and it's far easier for security to keep an eye on.

nealbie

CF Legend
^ Yeah I suppose they do need to keep an eye on the chavs to make sure they're not stabbing each other :wink:

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Close up of car:
sawcar.jpg

spicy

Giga Poster
I like the way its squared off at the front but I don't like that barrier. hey should have just had a small bar like Rage's trains.

p18535.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend
That car looks great. Although they could of done more with the actual front of the seat and the restraints.
I assume this is the section of track coming up to the lift hill. If so it looks great. Yes it's only some poles and pipes with some chains but it looks nice and rusty and feels like the train is going through somewhere it shouldn't which should hopefully add to the overall feel of the ride. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
spicy said:
I like the way its squared off at the front but I don't like that barrier.
Isn't that where the cameras are going to be, as didn't they say that this was going to be the first ride in the park to film your reactions as you go round?

spicy

Giga Poster
^ Oh if thats the case then that would explain it, its just impairing your view for Thorpe to make some more money :lol:

Lain

Giga Poster
spicy said:
I like the way its squared off at the front but I don't like that barrier.

I don't think it actually is any higher than Rage's, it just seems that way due to the lack of a front bit.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
spicy said:
I like the way its squared off at the front but I don't like that barrier. hey should have just had a small bar like Rage's trains.

If you notice, Rages nose plate is taller than Saw's, allowing for a smaller guard. Saw's nose is a lot shorter, so the guard has to be higher. I assume Health And Safety would have a play here. I mean just imagine if a person tripped, they would fall on to the track if that wasn't there.

B&M's floorless trains can get away with it because the track is covered up with a floor cover which then lowers, allowing the train to move.

Ali

Mega Poster
I prefer Rage's cars to be honest. SAW's seem to have a very little amount of themeing. And I hate how square they are. :(

marc

CF Legend
Near enough a square front to the train, that will be good in the wind.

I also prefer the ones on Rage and Speed.

These are nice and open though.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I agree with Erol. They look really metallic and mechanic. Like they are a trap.

Oh yes, isn't that the theme!? Yes. See, Thorpe aren't that stupid.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I said they were like shopping trolleys. I like them, though they are missing the mass of blood promised :(

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah, there was more blood in the artwork. I haven't seen a clear shot of the floor of the seating area yet, but that was supposed to have masses of blood on the floor under the riders seats like the people before them have been killed an their bodies dragged off. :(

Still, they are still really impressive for a coaster car. Most parks don't bother to theme the cars, and not many go to the lengths that Thorpe have gone this year to theme a coaster. The cars still look very open and will give a great feeling of speed. And also make you feel more vulnerable on the indoor section. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.