What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Tbh we havn't really seen the front of the building yet, just the side and the back which most people are not going to see anyway....

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Not quite a cattle pen. Its more of a zig zaggy thing. It does 2 or 3 rows I think.

Im hoping some more windows go on the outside stairway. It looks to bland on that corner. I also would like to see some pine trees around it, to break up the boxxyness. They actually have them in canada so it would make sence to surround it with pines. It would also add to the dark theme.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Yes there are cattlepens, but don't forget they had to create a whole new island for this ride, so I would imagine they are a bit pushed for space.

marc

CF Legend
Near enough every single coaster in a large park has some sort of cattle pen so I really dont see this as a problem. Take a look at BTM in Paris or Jaws in Orlando.

The cattle pens are the least of the problems.

Ben

CF Legend
Wow, I'm so shocked there was cattle-pens on the plans... and then cattle-pens in real life.

*SHOCK*

:roll:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
BTM's is the WORST cattlepen in existance...

Even though its well ventilated, it gets stuffy even on boiling hot days. Though I wouldn't say it's the worse as theres a lot to see.

I don't mind cattle pens, afterall, I'm not going on Queue: The Ride.

Am I?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Stretch said:
the way they have themed the building looks spot on to me.
I thought that, it's very well done, looks extremely like the settings of the films.

I still wished they're kept the sawmill theme. Oh well, this'll still be good I guess.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Tester seat
P1090604.jpg

P1090606.jpg

More lovely snow images of saw http://projectdylan.co.uk/Construction/128

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't mind cattle pens at all. As long as there is some shade for hot days. Cattle pens are a parks way of saving space and fitting it in neatly. You'd still be queuing the same amount even if it wasn't a cattle pen.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ollie said:
I don't mind cattle pens at all. As long as there is some shade for hot days. Cattle pens are a parks way of saving space and fitting it in neatly. You'd still be queuing the same amount even if it wasn't a cattle pen.

Yeah but if it's like Samurai's then in the summer it will be a death trap!

Which I suppose would be quite fitting with the whole Saw thing :wink:

Stretch

Roller Poster
NickkyG said:
How much of the budget actually went into creating the base island the ride is situated on?

All of it - there isnt actually a ride at all - you just queue up for someone dressed a jigsaw to push you around in a shopping trolley inside that building.

marc

CF Legend
Your moaning about the death trap queue system but how many of you have complained to get something done? No one I bet, it does not bother me I have water with me and its a good time to get a tan :)

But I do agree they should build some sort of cover the queue system.

As Ben said these have always been in the plans an we saw them weeks ago.

It just seems like people that had high hopes are now starting to have their hopes dashed a bit.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Either that or people just cannot get the hang of sarcasm...

Just really dislike them as they can result in annoyance should you end up continuously passing a bunch of idiots in the queue, which at Thorpe is very likely to occur... Never liked them since Port Aventura which didn't work in conjuction with the smoking being allowed in queues... Plus Tussauds went silly with the Rita one... Stealth's queue is ok so more hope is put on it being similar to that and not Fury's...

Doubt I'll be in that queue much if there's single rider though...

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Meh.

The way I see it is, it's only self-conscious people that hate cattlepens. Seeing the same faces, over and over again with nothing to look at but them and the same the other way round.

Paranoia is the downfall of many.

Good thing I'm comfortable with looking people square in the eye or I'd also hate cattlepens.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I don't like cattle pens because It makes the queue feel longer. It's just a mass of people, everywhere. It's a pain in the arse if you decide to abort the mission, too. You look like a plank walking back and forth.

And there is the heat issue, too. I just wish they'd put them under cover, or at least parts of them. Cover from rain, or shine. More people would ride in bad weather if they saw the queue was covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.