What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
That picture actualy shows the cars better then that video that was on, they aren't looking too bad!

I really like the pipe work thats on those cars too!

Jools

Giga Poster
Actually that rust was on the car origionally, happned on the boat on the way over :lol:

No, they are really good, which is funny because in the video a lot of people thought the cars looked like cereal boxes :lol:

Ben

CF Legend
I'm not impressed by the crappy looking, corny slogan...

They look OK, still like rusted cereal boxes.

Crow

Mega Poster
I recently heard a rumor that Samurai may be rethemed along with the new ride. Is this true? Has anyone else heard about this?

I sounds rather plausible to me.
Could it become one of Jigsaw's weapons of torture?

There is a picture of a giant crossbow hidden amongst the photo's on the Saw website... :wink:

Jools

Giga Poster
Crow said:
I recently heard a rumor that Samurai may be rethemed along with the new ride. Is this true? Has anyone else heard about this?

I sounds rather plausible to me.
Could it become one of Jigsaw's weapons of torture?

There is a picture of a giant crossbow hidden amongst the photo's on the Saw website... :wink:

Yes, that rumour has been going from the start really, but I haven't heard any more information about it, at the moment Samurai is part of the Lost City and seperates the Lost City from Canada Creek, but now Saw is there it will be inbetween I believe, so I can see something happening to it, I'm wishing for a very unlikely retheme and rename.

Crow

Mega Poster
Here is the crossbow picture I was referring to in my last post:

blog003.jpg

I have finger's crossed. :)

Jools

Giga Poster
Yes I noticed that too, but then thought that Samurai maybe isn't the right ride to theme as a crossbow. :?

Ben

CF Legend
If they were going to theme it to some Saw trap, I'd rather they themed it to a logical one which the ride actually looks like.

Maybe something like a SAW...

Or something that's actually in the films...

Ollie

CF Legend
I doubt just because there's a picture of a crossbow on the minisite it means they're going to re theme a whole ride on it.

Wasn't there rumours ages ago about Samurai possibly going back to Chessington?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I did ask about Samurai a few months ago, but they gave me the impression that it isn't being modified. Also most of the ride is still on site. The pods are in Canada Creek and the ride arm is just tilted down.

And SAW is only referred to as being in Canada Creek in order for the park to easily reference whereabouts on the park it is. The ride itself will exist as its own entity.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
How cool would it have been if they put a sort of metal-grating as part of the floor inside the cars so if you look down you could see all the mechanism underneath you!

Mark

Strata Poster
Ben said:
If they were going to theme it to some Saw trap, I'd rather they themed it to a logical one which the ride actually looks like.

Maybe something like a SAW...

Or something that's actually in the films...

Couldn't agree more, the most logical would be a giant Buzz saw.....
It doesn't look like anything is going to happen to it in the short term though unfortunately, which is a shame as it would have been nice to make more of Canada Creek.

NickkyG, definately a good idea, would probably add to the fear as well being able to see all the wheels and so on...

Slash

Giga Poster
Mark said:
NickkyG, definately a good idea, would probably add to the fear as well being able to see all the wheels and so on...

And it would make enthusiasts squeal with giddy delight! :lol:

I actually think thats a brilliant idea. It would freak people who didn't like coasters more out.

The coaster is looking good no matter what any of you say. Yes its themed to a film but its hardly cheap. I can't wait to see this.

jokerman

Giga Poster
It would be a shame if they did nothing to Samurai. Canada creek is one of my favourite sectons of the park, it actually has an atmosphere, and it has far too few rides at the moment.

Darren

Roller Poster
Some fantastic new pictures over at: projectdylan.co.uk/Construction/128

Overall,the theming is impressive as is the head chopper effect however, I'm not too sure about the front of the station building...

Stretch

Roller Poster
This is looking like a promising ride to me. Dont know what others thought of the films but I really enjoyed them, the way they have themed the building looks spot on to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.