What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know i cant wait :D do you think there will be new pictures when of saw when the park opens on saturday?

I dunno, would rather look and take pictures of Inferno :lol:

There's not gonna be anything we haven't seen before anyways unless we get a magical tour of the interior :lol:

Someone got married on SAW

A couple of horror movie fans have tied the knot on a film-themed rollercoaster at a park in Surrey.

Karl Anderson, 28, and Gaynor Cooper, 32, who dressed in Gothic style, chose Friday 13th for their "Newly-Dead" wedding at Thorpe Park in Chertsey.

The new Mrs Anderson said it was perfect. "We're both mad about horror and this was just what we wanted and it was terrifying," she said.

The couple met nine years ago at a Halloween fancy dress party.

On that occasion, musician Mr Anderson was dressed as a pumpkin and make-up artist Ms Cooper as Dracula.

The Saw rollercoaster has a 100 degrees drop, and aims to capture the fear generated by the Jigsaw Killer of the Saw film franchise.

Best day

The couple, from Battersea, south London, exchanged their vows, entitled The Newly Deads, in a humanist ceremony at the bottom of the rollercoaster.

They said the wedding, accompanied by Marilyn Manson's version of Tainted Love, was the craziest and best day of their lives.

About 40 guests wore black make-up and vintage clothes, while the bride was in a white corset trimmed with black lace and the groom a red frilled shirt, a black top hat with a red band and red lipstick.

Mr Anderson, 28, said: "We both love the Saw series - we've seen the films about 100 times - so when we heard this ride was opening, we realised we could have our perfect wedding.

"We searched loads of weird and wonderful venues as we knew we didn't want a boring white wedding and this was the one that really stood out.

"We've always liked to do things a bit differently, so this was perfect for us."

They are planning an extreme honeymoon to include bungee jumping in New Zealand.

Does this mean its got its licence to carry passengers?

So much then for the competion winners being the 1st people to ride Saw :)

I imagine by Monday this topic will be full of pictures from the weekend.

It doesn't say they went round but it insinuates it and the accompanying picture on the BBC site showed the couple in a ride car with the restraints closed...

^Yeah, competition winners never are. There's always a few people who either pay more / are privileged to ride it first.

Looking forward to this in a month's time. Only 5 UK credits to go after this!

Ok I misread it then.

But if they did not ride it why not wait until it was open to get married? I assume they rode it.

And sorry standing next to it would not back her comment up

"The new Mrs Anderson said it was perfect. "We're both mad about horror and this was just what we wanted and it was terrifying," she said. "

Its been well over a month since the test run so they must have tested it with people already. Rage was taking people for a few weeks before it opened.

I know what you mean Shockwave, and reading the competition again it does say be amoung the 1st. I just assumed again that it meant 1st public people that won the competition not people who got married in the park before the park is even open.

^The author of that article even missed the Guiness World Record category for marriages on a coaster (most people to wed on a single ride, single circuit). Heck, "First Ever"?

Mentioned record credit goes to Montu, I'm afraid.

This has just totally ruined the integrity of the competition to be the first passengers on the ride.

It could just be a marketing angle though - i.e, the whole wedding is a fake.

Quite frankly, who cares?

We know the ride is operational and safe and in a months time we can all ride it.

End.

I demand that I am made a modfor five minutes, so when the time is right, I can personally lock this train wreck of a ****-tip topic, and laugh with glee as I do it.

Wheres the extra parts of the facade that was shown in the concept? :(
visual_medium.jpg

I still think it looks good though, despite not having everything promised, built.

That's the old first concept and not the Saw one?

It doesn't screech anymore btw...

From the angle I saw of the front side of the building (as Colossus was open for all of 10 minutes today) it looks better in person, but the rest looks like my Miner's Canyon buildings in RCT3 still :lol:

The station building looks even worse at the front than the back. They should stick to one color not 3 and 3 different types of building material. It just looks a mess tbh.

I really hope they paint it or do something with it.

Sounds like Saw was one of the only rides running today though lol :)

Cool pics though.

Status
Not open for further replies.