2le4bw0.jpg

I presume this is where the entrance sign will be

2qj8xfr.jpg

The bridge thing from Samurai to Saw

2wq8wtv.jpg

Building from different angle

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I was looking at the link talking about the wedding on the coaster and noticed something interesting. The harnesses don't feature belts. That is a good thing since it would only decrease ride capacity.

I thought coasters were required to have seatbelts attached to harnesses in the UK by H&S...

jokerman

Giga Poster
^I think this has come up before. I think that one other eurofighter in the UK doesnt, but cant remeber which one (possibly rage?).

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Something Peter noticed, and I therefore noticed after is, at the bottom of the first drop there is a fairly big jerk, so expect head banging at the bottom of the drop after the lift hill :)

Ben

CF Legend
Rage has them.

Speed does not.

I don't know why, I believe it's just park or manufacturer preference. The manufacturer obviously doesn't deem them necessary, neither do Thorpe or Oakwood, but Adventure Island did.

And no, it isn't a requirement here as far as I know.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Speed doesn't, because the rules were imposed after it was built.

EDIT: I'm far too slow. I swear someone said in the Rage topic that they were required for some reason.

Ben

CF Legend
It could be, but, if it was after Speed we wouldn't have a lot of evidence. What have we had after Speed other than the Eurofighters and a few relocated coasters...?

Peter

Hyper Poster
Martyn H said:
Something Peter noticed, and I therefore noticed after is, at the bottom of the first drop there is a fairly big jerk, so expect head banging at the bottom of the drop after the lift hill :)

I only noticed it because Joey pointed it out to me. It does have a definite wobble at the bottom of the first drop, which might bang a few heads.

Apart from that, it does seem to run a lot nicer than the pictures show it too. The train flows smoothly through the elements, and has a reasonable speed giving that it was a cold Febuarury day. The MCBR doesn't appear to chop any speed off at all.

The capacity of the ride looks to be very good. They were testing with what appeared to be all the cars on the track, and trains were dropping about 20-30 seconds apart, with up to 3 trains on the track outside of the station at a time. If they're able to keep that momentum up in the peak seasons, hopefully the queue should move quite quickly.

It's looking to be a very promising ride.

marc

CF Legend
I said this in the very first testing video and the bounce and the bottom of the 1st drop but everyone just carried on spamming :)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ouch! Just watched loads of testing vids and the ride does not look smooth at all, especially through the transitions. This may be a contending for the roughest ride at the park, overtaking Colossus...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^^From the ones that have been uploaded today from people who went Thorpe today. Not just CFers...

Ok. Nothing will beat Colossus for roughness :p

nealbie

CF Legend
^Why does everyone say Colossus is rough? Am I the only one that doesn't think it tries to murder me with pain then?

A

Anonymous

I think the building looks great.
Marc what do you want from an abandoned look?
Something looking fresh?

It looks like a worn down building, so the purpose has been fulfilled in my eyes!

nealbie

CF Legend
I totally agree!

Surely the use of multi-materials for the building fits in perfectly with an old run down hide-out, such as the one's that Kramer is prone to using :wink:

A

Anonymous

Also maybe the yellow-ish colour isn't final, maybe they aint finished paneling the walls yet, looks like more wood could be placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.