What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Jake

Strata Poster
I think it looks pretty cool. I haven't really followed this topic so it's a nice suprise to see the funky theming that the train goes through. It is pretty slow, but I can see this being the 'air' of this coaster type.

I'm going a week tomorrow, so i'll try and get some decent photos.

Bye Tom

Roller Poster
There is one pov out on youtube so far. It's quite shaky and upside down (yep, upside down). But, if you can't wait a couple of hours for a better one to pop up, here it is:

(EDIT: Nope, forgot I'm still not able to post links. But throw a search for gardaland and filter it to show videos only uploaded today.)

I must say the ride looks really good. Even though it's very slow I can imagine it being quite an experience riding irl. Gotta mention that the zero-G looks top notch btw.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ If you send me a private message with the link, I will add it for you. You need at least 5 posts until you can post links.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Link posted on behalf of Bye Tom:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cqBPfWQvk[/youtube]

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
*turns netbook upside down*

Looks like fun. Looks less bumpy than the previous video - probably as this was filmed front row as opposed to the back row which you'd expect to be bumpier.

Near misses <3

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's a lot quicker onride than what it looks offride. Can't wait to ride it in July!

A

Anonymous

Just changed the orientation in the screen setting and it was sorted :p (really hard to change it back though).

Looks good, but I think that there might be a "big" difference in the ride experience depending on which side you ride it in. Since all the inversions spins counter-clockwise which means that one side get more air (left) while the other one get pushed down in their seat (right). Wonder if this is a bit of a cock-up in the design making it spin in just one direction...

Looks cool though!!

marc

CF Legend
So much better on ride than off ride, just a shame the person does not know how to do a pov lol.

It also looks a lot smoother now as well.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
It looks a little less sluggish and it actually looks kinda fun.

Nemesis Inferno said:
Coastermaniac94 said:
and Lc12 looks much better imo)

I love how enthusiasts can so easily state things about rides that aren't even built yet :roll:

Well, everyone has first impressions about things.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Coastermaniac94 said:
and Lc12 looks much better imo)

I love how enthusiasts can so easily state things about rides that aren't even built yet :roll:
first of all its an opnion and secondly Im entilted to it without u commenting and bi*ching about it, oh I know its not built but it doesnt take a genius to work out that lc12 will be quicker and probably more intense
edit: lol just realised Im b*tching now

Kebab

Giga Poster
To be quite honest, it looks pretty ****...

I just can't see it being intense, if anything it looks like a wing-rider version of AIR, and I know the concept seems relatively interesting but it's hardly anything new. Take X2 or Furius Baco for example. I suppose it's worth a ride, but it's not worth the effort of travelling all the way to Italy to ride it, I'd much rather take that step further and travel to Mirabilandia and give iSpeed and Katun a go.

That might just be me, I like the theme, whether it has executed it during the ride I don't know, I need to see more POV's and footage before I can be the judge of that. For the time being, it seems like a sluggish, forceless and quite a boring B&M coaster, whether the trains will affect the experience greatly, you'll have to let me know. But right now I'm leaving this one out for a while.