What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

tks

Strata Poster
I think it looks fab. Air is one of my favourite rides. Not everything has to be fast or intense to be fun.

Kebab

Giga Poster
^I'm a big fan of Air. But I'm not a fan of like say, Kraken (because it's practically forceless and tame). There is something special about Air; that is mainly because it was such a jump in rollercoaster technology at the time. I just don't see anything special about Raptor, it's been done before a number of times, and even after riding Furius Baco it didn't feel much different to an invert or floorless coaster, but the addition of the launch gave it a certain 'pow'!

Raptor seems rather boring to me, surely there's more boring coasters out there, but it's not something I'll be running to any time soon...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8KTelAXQxM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Still crap quality, but least it's the right way up...

nealbie

CF Legend
From these, admittedly awful POV videos, it's clear that this is for gawping at - not for the experience. Shame :( .

Trico

Roller Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBuWhuMJxac&feature=player_embedded#at=103[/youtube] That's from the right side, which looks quite better imho.

Mr. X

Roller Poster
What a difference! The first video looked boring but some of the turns seem fairly intense in this video.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Right side looks better by that viedo, based on that one turn where its so much closer to the ground, looks amazing.

Looks alright, the turns look fun but I still can't see it being super intense and that. So it seems like the outside right seat is the way to go?

Bye Tom

Roller Poster
The trackwork looks great imo and judging from the backwards facing pov with the Zoeggler guy I'd say it does look pretty smooth.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
You need to see videos of the Stand-ups... Then you'll see a rough B&M...

Videos NEVER give a full story anyway... Some awesome rides look absolutely dire on screen, and roughness is a very difficult thing to judge when most POVs aren't mounted (which will rattle anyway due to the nature of motion)...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Well no.

Nemesis can sometimes be 'rough'. It's not the kind of OUCH rough though. More, adds to the ride. I think incredibly smooth rides can be pretty boring sometimes.