What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Tomatron

Giga Poster
If you don't watch winter sports, then no.

He's one of the most successful lugers of recent times, won 2 Olympic gold medals.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tomatron said:
If you don't watch winter sports, then no.

He's one of the most successful lugers of recent times, won 2 Olympic gold medals.
Oh right, no I don't follow it that closely. Thanks for filling me in though. :)

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I really don't think it'll be that bad.

If it tuns out to be a bit a bit shaky, that's just physics. It won't be nearly as bad as Eejanaika or Furius Baco's shaking.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
The video's from the back-row-outter seat too, which is considered the worst for roughness on baco and the 4ds.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, it does vibrate, but it's expected tbh. It doesn't really matter though, it's slight movements compared to Baco's harsh bounces. Still, that first drop <3

Jared

Hyper Poster
I don't think it looks all that rough, but it certainly doesn't look as intense as I was hoping for. It looks quite gracious and flowing, pretty much like Air. Looks like LC12 will be the Tatsu and Manta of the Wing Walkers.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Oh its gonna be sooo smooth cos its B&M. Intamin are rubbish, look at Baco. LOL Baco PWND!!!!!!! B&M DO IT BETTER!!!!!!!..... LOL.

Lol, topic members pwnd - This vibrates alot, don't deny it. Its just as bouncy as Baco. The only thing that makes up for it is the restraint design. Your head doesn't touch any part of it, which will make for a more tolerable ride than the big neck-cutting Baco restraints.

T0M

Hyper Poster
Looks OK. The guy looks either bored or terrified. The first drop looks good, but to me it seems to take elements quite slowly as per Air - I was hoping these were going to have Nemesis-style intensity and speed.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I think it looks good, but re: roughness...

Baco's roughness isn't stereotypical Intamin roughness. It rattles. It resonates so much that it hurts in your chest. The neck cutting restraints are clearly a problem too, but that doesn't effect me. I felt sick and faint post riding it because of the vibrating in those outside seats. Note I still really like Baco though, It's a shame it rattles SO much.

Now, when B&M's are rough, it's rattlyness... On Nitro I felt similar to how I did on Baco. It was dreadful. Hulk is pretty bad too, but loads of them do it a bit - Nemesis and Air even. So it concerns me massively that you can visually SEE this thing vibrating. :/

Still excited for it though. This thing is interesting all-round.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
That's cos riding a rollercoaster isn't quite the same sitting on a luge going 90mph.

That takes serious balls.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsos1rjXcUo[/youtube]

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I drive faster on the freeway than that thing goes. And the restraints look...well, there's not going to be as much headbanging, but it doesn't look like I can put my hands up in the air because of those insanely ugly v-shaped things coming out of the sides of them. I seriously want to vote for this ride in the ugliest-looking most restrictive restraints contest; it would almost beat an Arrow coaster. :roll: