What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

spicy

Giga Poster
Those restraints do look weird the way that bar goes round your neck.

Looks like you are wearing the same sort of elastic vest that the flyers have underneath so they should be pretty comfortable and allow for alot of freedom more than the conventional OTSR.

As for the coaster, it looks awesome. One of, if not the best addition of 2011.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
So no having your arms up through the destroyed watch-tower then?

This is looking absolutely lush, as are the restraints. I would say I'm looking forward to seeing POVs but there's no way in hell they'll do it any justice. Need to get myself to Italy ASAP!

Can't wait to see one of these babies at Thorpe next year.

Tony

Hyper Poster
It looks pretty awesome! Loving the inline with all those near misses with the watch tower, supports and the tree. Definitely makes me want to head back to Gardaland to ride this even though all their other coasters are average.

tks

Strata Poster
-lofty- said:
Ok, it does look pretty great. Still not amazing though, I keep going through these stages in which I either find it amazing, or just good. But yeah, it's looking pretty great the way it interacts with the theming.

Jealousssssss.

First real clear close up of the restraints. My first thought, what on earth is going on with the foot bars on the inside seats? I presume they're to stop people putting their feet into the main chassis bit, but damn are they ugly!

nealbie

CF Legend
Bravo B&M!

That thing looks so graceful and yet SO sinister all the same time - they way the train moves around is BREATHTAKING. <3

Can't wait for its bigger, more developed/steroid abusing brother to appear in Chertsey next year! :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Am I the only one who thinks this looks much better than it will ride?

It's incredibly gracious and delicious to watch going around. I think that in ride terms though, it will be lots of hang time, mild discomfort and "nice".

nealbie

CF Legend
No, those are my EXACT feelings for this coaster. It'd probably be a more constructive waste of time to just stand around and watch rather than ride.

The layout doesn't really do anything exciting, hence the Dickens' novel for the chav version on steroids! :lol:

marc

CF Legend
tks said:
-lofty- said:
Ok, it does look pretty great. Still not amazing though, I keep going through these stages in which I either find it amazing, or just good. But yeah, it's looking pretty great the way it interacts with the theming.

Jealousssssss.

First real clear close up of the restraints. My first thought, what on earth is going on with the foot bars on the inside seats? I presume they're to stop people putting their feet into the main chassis bit, but damn are they ugly!

Failed to notice that, I see what you mean. I think it would be better on the outside seat for sure.

Ben

CF Legend
Those bar things are a bit ugly, but, those trains are still all kinds of sexy.

I've thought this has sounded pretty great since day one, and I still think so now.

The latest videos make it look quicker than it was, and, plus, it's a over-the-track-edge type ride... THOSE ARE THE BEST.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
furie said:
Am I the only one who thinks this looks much better than it will ride?

It's incredibly gracious and delicious to watch going around. I think that in ride terms though, it will be lots of hang time, mild discomfort and "nice".

Hmm, I think with this ride, it will ride much like air! Very comfortable but nothing to really excite you! I hope I am wrong, but from looking at the videos I hate to say this but I do think it's just going to be good and nothing else.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Another video showing off more of the trains and theming:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9GxvfCgd0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Everytime I see more of this ride there seems to be even more close-calls added to that final inline :D !

I just don't know what to make of it. It looks like it rides like a dream, graceful and smooth, but it just doesn't look that exciting. We shall see though!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Everytime I see more of this ride there seems to be even more close-calls added to that final inline

Yes, I thought that too. The tunnel after the wing-over also looks pretty tight, and it looks like they're adding something else just after the zero-g.

Lofty

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOFc1wsqWwo&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Ok. I'm at the love stage again!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Should I know who that guy is?

The ride looks good, although it looks a little shakier than I'd hoped, but still better than Baco.