What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

Lofty

CF Legend
owentaylor121 said:
I don't have a problem with it being a separate park because ad you have said it has worked wonders for Disney, my problem is the size of it, I mean it has 4 attractions, it just doesn't seem substantial enough to be a separate park if that makes sense, the hotel will definitely help, but I wonder how many people will be staying at that hotel because of Ferrari Land or because it's part of PortAventura? I think if they rapidly expand this park it will work well, as another park but right now it just seems too small.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I get that, I think judging by what's been released of the park so far in terms of press etc. the place isn't just based off of the rides that are there, but they're somewhat 'sidelined' to the idea of promoting a Ferrari location itself. For example: they've already said 'simulators', now, I'm guessing that they have some form of museum, maybe some form of movie based media show, etc. meaning they have more 'attractions' than we realise. Apparently there's some form of 'launch' happening tomorrow that will give all details of the project and what they have coming, so I suppose we wait for that.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
owentaylor121 said:
GuyWithAStick said:
They could do a transportation ride that Universal did to combine USO and IOA. It could be a simple tram, or a heavily themed(to Ferrari) ride to transport people to and fro the main park and the Ferrari area. Although, with them marketing it as a separate park, I'd think they'd have an upcharge to transport between the 2 parks.
It's littarly next door to PortAventura, like basically connected.

...As is IOA and USO.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Is no one going to comment on the info from the video?

I laughed really hard when I read "Roll back" as one of the main features of the Intamin LSM Coaster. I mean, what other park would add that as a selling point?

But I guess we're going to see the coaster roll back a lot more than other similar models just because the area where PA sits is really windy...

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Fair points Mark, but unless they reveal a heap of other attractions in another reveal or they add entry to the standard PA entry ticket with a slight up charge, then I won't be revisiting that park.

For non car fans I assume it would be the same train of thought, "Should we go to ferrari land or PA kids?"
"PA uncle Brian, they've got loads more rides!"

Lofty

CF Legend
I agree, it's about maximising on products to offer. So in other words, they'll do 'deal' tickets in which you get '3 parks for €XX', plus the local market will be FLOODED with deals for it. I definitely agree that there's barely anything there, but if we know anything - with the name of Ferrari attached and also PA, not to mention the other sponsorship deals, they will make this project work.

Edit:

How have I only just realised they've rebranded the company as 'PortAventura World'?!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB3pJiFXM0g[/youtube]

spicy

Giga Poster
I think it's fine this being a seperate park, they just need to price it right.

Not sure what a day ticket is to PA but this has to be much cheaper as a single ticket.

And then a combi-ticket which is what most people will be buying can only be a few euros extra.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
I agree, it's about maximising on products to offer. So in other words, they'll do 'deal' tickets in which you get '3 parks for €XX', plus the local market will be FLOODED with deals for it. I definitely agree that there's barely anything there, but if we know anything - with the name of Ferrari attached and also PA, not to mention the other sponsorship deals, they will make this project work.

Edit:

How have I only just realised they've rebranded the company as 'PortAventura World'?!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB3pJiFXM0g[/youtube]
Yeah I've just noticed this whole PortAventura World thing? I'm not really sure what to make of it. It seems like they are trying to advertise themselves as brand, as well as a theme park, I hope this means good things in the future for them, but at the moment I'd hardly say they have enough to brand themselves like that. Disney World I understand, PortAventura World, not so much.

Lofty

CF Legend
But they've always been a brand to be fair...

Don't forget, they will have: 2 theme parks, 1 water park, 5 hotels (Lucy's mansion is still part of Gold River), a golfing resort, beach club, the proposed entertainment zone akin to City Walk/Downtown Disney, Conference centre, housing developments etc. I'd definitely say that warrants being called 'world'...

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Second section of the tower is up...

1zcziwy.jpg

2rmnp75.jpg

2lxvvj5.jpg

And someone made a recreation showing the final look once the tower is finished:

28u36eb.jpg

Source: Gabri999 from CAPTE.org

Ben

CF Legend
Meh, I still can't get excited about this - it'll be good, but it's SUCH old news this type of ride now, like, why?

I agree, that separate gate is going to need a lot more than we currently know about to be worth it.

I just have visions of it being like the one in Abu Dhabi before this year - one good Intamin, some ****, mostly naff all.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Ben said:
Meh, I still can't get excited about this - it'll be good, but it's SUCH old news this type of ride now, like, why?

I agree, that separate gate is going to need a lot more than we currently know about to be worth it.

I just have visions of it being like the one in Abu Dhabi before this year - one good Intamin, some ****, mostly naff all.

Just hope they add another Sandrush to the current line-up...

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm looking forward to it, solely for the fact that I haven't ridden Ka yet, it's that simple - but I totally get what ben is saying.

Majorly hoping they add a SFX Coaster in the coming years...

Smithy

Strata Poster
I absolute adore how the parks skyline looks from Salou and the entire surrounding area, I loathe the look of these accelerators support structures so I hope it isn't too damaging

andrus

Giga Poster
Smithy said:
I loathe the look of these accelerators support structures
I totally agree! Glad it's just not me :) They're imposing, sure. But the support structure is ugly as hell too! I wonder why Intamin hasn't come up with a better looking solution? It's such a shame, especially considering how beautiful Stealth and Saturn looks! <3

Dar

Hyper Poster
Smithy said:
I absolute adore how the parks skyline looks from Salou and the entire surrounding area, I loathe the look of these accelerators support structures so I hope it isn't too damaging

Here's a pic from somewhere nearby (I don't know where, never been :p )
th720_cad66205dc5029300ff7942fcc6c0a34.jpg

Image from pa-community.com

I think it's going to dominate the skyline tbh, considering it's another 100ft over the height of Shambhala's air hill!

Smithy

Strata Poster
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tbf off the top of my head that picture will be towards the far right of Salou as centrally you've got an almost side on view of Shambhala.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I feel like I should be really excited about this coaster but for some reason I'm not. I think it just seems a bit too off-the-shelf for PA.