What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Surely if something was going to be placed under the hill (path/road/building etc) surely the supports would be placed further apart from the rest, not the same distance apart.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It does look so much nicer in that original concept art.

The new set up for these drop towers seems a bit.....pointless too? I mean, I can see it being worth while being apart of the coasters structure, but now they're going to be completely separate, what's the point?

Very fast launch coaster? Yep. Go kart style attraction? Yep. Shot/drop towers?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Smithy said:
Looks like a **** auto complete on RCT3.

This.

It just looks so bizarre and awkward. And not just the track; the supports for the track after the top hat feel so weird and unnecessary. Just why?

Dave

CF Legend
Smithy said:
Only other thing I can think of is if it's somehow going to mimmick a finishing straight but still, it looks horrific.

Purely speculative thought, but what if it slows down, the speeds up again for the final hill? As if it's F1 car accelerating, the braking and accelerating? Would be clunky as hell but would only explain the fugly ending.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
I wonder if we will se it twist on the way down like KK and TTD does or if it will just be a 90 degree twist?

Martyn B said:
The new set up for these drop towers seems a bit.....pointless too? I mean, I can see it being worth while being apart of the coasters structure, but now they're going to be completely separate, what's the point?

The plan could have been to not have a KK-style drop tower on the coaster and instead going for a launching tower experience similar to Mystery Castle on it. It would fit better with the Ferrari theme and different it from Hurakan Condor. For that ride purpose it's probably cheaper to go with S&S towers.

If they planned an actual drop tower experience like on KK then they probably just realized that there was no point for it and decided to go with the smaller S&S towers for a different ride experience.

spicy

Giga Poster
There is a fairly new article here with some new concept art on:
http://www.inparkmagazine.com/port-aven ... ebranding/

Also noticed in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCSf5SKisLM

Look at 43 seconds in, you can see a model of the coaster with the new disgusting brake run and no tunnel or anything covering it.

So rather than cresting a hill at around 100 mph and gently into the brakes this thing is going to slam straight into them? Who on earth thought that was a good idea :lol:

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
This looks like when you're halfway through building your cred on RCT 2 and you run out of cash so decide to just build the cheapest way back to the station to get it finished.

TilenB

Strata Poster
spicy said:
There is a fairly new article here with some new concept art on:
http://www.inparkmagazine.com/port-aven ... ebranding/

Also noticed in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCSf5SKisLM

Look at 43 seconds in, you can see a model of the coaster with the new disgusting brake run and no tunnel or anything covering it.

So rather than cresting a hill at around 100 mph and gently into the brakes this thing is going to slam straight into them? Who on earth thought that was a good idea :lol:

Perhaps the brakes are meant to simulate what would most likely happen if you drive a Ferrari at 180 km/h with zero experience on driving? Car crash.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
It doesn't look pretty does it?
However, I'm sure Intamin has our best interests at heart - hopefully, the real reason behind it is to deliver some unexpected airtime :p . I've never really experienced any on Stealth, and unless the trims/brakes are seriously effective, I've got a feeling it might ride a lot better than it looks.

Sucks that I'll miss out on it in July (small chance of testing maybe?) but as long as Shambhala's running, I'm sure I'll cope <3 .

Seriously, if it even gets close to the hype you guys give it, I'll have a new number one...

_koppen

Hyper Poster
The 4th level is done! Comparing height and level ratio to KK and TTD this one should have 7 levels in it's structure, but since it's a new design that might not be the case.

th720_c9d903ed941d4801c23abcd92d907fd3.jpeg

Source

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I don't think anyone's ever been so unexcited for a major new coaster.

This part of the park is extra pay too, right?

Just don't get it. So lame.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ I do agree. It seems they are only building this monstrosity for it to claim the records for the tallest and fastest coaster in Europe... Which is bloody pointless, considering the current record holders are only a mere few hundred meters away. Silly.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
We have some new concept art.

67821.jpg

67820.jpg

I'm struggling to understand what the actual **** these people were thinking when they designed this ride. I mean, the station looks pretty decent, but... OTSRs.... Dragster works with lapbars, so why this?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Oh good, they've decided to launch direct from the station, that'll help with capacity. :roll:

I swear the next update will have trims going up the tower, followed by no seperate unloading area. I swear the people working on this have just entered puberty.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
It's PortAventura (or Spain in general?), efficiency is an alien concept.

Between launches there will be an official siesta.