What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

Ben

CF Legend
I agree Joey, literally noone is excited by this coaster and I think that says it all.

It probably doesn't help that even Brits who don't have KK or TTD have at least Stealth, and this is just, that, more than a decade later.

It's not even just that they're breaking their own records - one of them they're breaking with the SAME RIDE TYPE. Well, a less advanced version of the ride type! OK this one goes up a hill but it actually does LESS than Baco and the launch will be LESS intense.

And Baco is 10 years old next year!

I'm so upset, PA is so fab, it's probably my favourite European park and I don't care what people say, and they deserve better than this.

Also, urgh, OTSRs, really girl?

nealbie

CF Legend
Ben has a good point actually. With the construction of Top Thrill Ferrari wouldn't that make PortAventura home to the top 3 fastest coasters in Europe?

Smithy

Strata Poster
_koppen said:
The 4th level is done! Comparing height and level ratio to KK and TTD this one should have 7 levels in it's structure, but since it's a new design that might not be the case.

th720_c9d903ed941d4801c23abcd92d907fd3.jpeg

Source

God it looks **** hideous and absolute ruins the skyline. Plus the perspective makes it look even bigger as it's closer towards Salou than the others.

A massive stretch but at least this being in a seperate park with a seperate entry fee means those behind PA may not have had full control over this so can be slightly absolved of blame.

But yeah as above, the lack of excitement for a new tallest and fastest coaster in Europe is telling.

Neal just checked rcdb as you posted whilst I was typing; That Ring Racer thing at the Nurburgring is technically the current fastest but I don't even know it's current status so aye, take that out of account and they have the three fastest.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm pretty sure we can discount Ring Racer, it worked for 5 days or something stupid, and will probably never run again.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
The only thing I could complaint about is that I would have liked to seen different Ferrari colors on the ride. Yellow supports and red track would have been better IMO.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Even the Spanish forum boards are full of enthusiasts being "yeah, great, we get something that was all the rage like 10 years ago. Fun". And move onto something more exciting like the retrack of Stampida.

The red structure looks huge. I wouldn't want to live in Salou, because the structure must stick like a sore thumb. At least with the other tall structures (except Hurakan Condor) they had the decency to choose colours that could easily blend with the sky for the supports but this bright tower is sure not to be missed within 10 miles at least.

And I must agree with those talking about capacity. Theoretically, this coaster is meant to do around 1,200 pph, but I am sure PA will find a way to make the regular move so painfully slow that a FerrariLand Express (if it ever exists) will be a no-brainer. I am still hoping for a load/unload station, and hopefully 3 to 4 trains... :roll:

Martyn B

CF Legend
Food for potential thought: The newer concept art shows a much shorter launch track than the originals.... aaaand I'd imagine that you'd need a fairly long launch straight for LIMs to get to 111mph... sooooo, do you reckon they may well have changed this to a hydraulic launch?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This ride:
711605.jpg

I don't like to be dismissive so quickly on rides, but this whole thing screams of WHY...

_koppen

Hyper Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
^You want that? Ok!

Almost, more red and also sharper colors. Think I305!

Martyn B said:
Food for potential thought: The newer concept art shows a much shorter launch track than the originals.... aaaand I'd imagine that you'd need a fairly long launch straight for LIMs to get to 111mph... sooooo, do you reckon they may well have changed this to a hydraulic launch?

Absolutely no way they have changed their mind. I seriously doubt they want Furius Baco 2.0 to maintain.

Dar said:
What's going on with the weird support points in that last image?

They are there to hang up two big-a$$ Ferrari logos.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I thought that with the outward facing supports, another worlds first maybe.....The tallest Ferrari advertising tower in the world.
I would love to have excitement for this, but it just seems a condescend cheep version of the Abu Dhabi park. Surely Ferrari would not want another park not offering much at first, then have to spend big on three coasters in 1 year to create a more rounded offering.
They should have included a fully fledged dark ride into this new park, it would then offer something different to what Port Aventura offer in the main park.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
The track is growing taller!

It looks like it will be making a switch back to single spine track and then again rather shortly afterwards become double spined again. I really hate that, I like symmetry. It's one of the reason I hate the look of the Premier Superman clones..

th720_f5201b9e7970e215248e7da0125509b0.jpg

th720_6fb0e6216de97700c47fd3eb536b7538.jpg

th720_9d587752ebf7fff08a245fd717a1ef09.jpg

th720_caac5b7448cd02539efafc72f0432d93.jpg

th720_5335605c75a7f932f22bf1524d053ca9.jpg

th720_a72fbcca7f40b984badb62c1d560cc64.jpg

The launch and double station is coming together!

th720_0edeb0e981cf07883c27396d24603bcd.JPG

th720_966b303b67f813e83bd3b7caa022709f.JPG

th720_e4d3ed778bb0daa014eaf6e12f0216dc.JPG

In this photo you can see how it switches to double spine, then switches to single spine. After the few suports on the tower we can see that it's going to switch back to double spine again.

Source

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I had my concerns about this project from day one and with every construction update I cringe a little bit more, PortAventura, what on earth are you thinking with this?

Very disappointing, my level of excitement for it has drained away completely. :(

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
That support stucture is just vile! Why can't it be more like Kingda Ka's? It has just completely wrecked the beautiful skyline!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
PA just posted a new video, basically saying they're halfway done w/ the tower, and will finish the tower in a few weeks.

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1x99RsuyEE[/youtubevid]

_koppen

Hyper Poster
The looks is really growing on me. Around the time it's done I'm sure I will have a very much more positive view on this one and by the time the whole area is done I will probably love it!