What's new

"Now Showing"

RCF

Strata Poster
Just got back from seeing Valentines Day with Megan.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be tbh. Had a good lineup of actors and actresses, had some pretty good humor, and a gay football player. :p

Overall, nice movie and if you're into these types of movies, I'd recommend it.

7/10

I was able to watch When Harry Met Sally last night.

I LOVE that movie.. My FAVOURITE romance movie of all time, and I think Meg Ryan in that movie is one of the most gorgeous women of all time. The character development is excellent as well, and you really feel for both of them and that their love is real.

The Perfect Getaway

Well, I liked the premise anyway.. The couples on the island, with a murderer about! Except.. There are almost no murders and nothing even happens for the first hour. And then it has just about the dumbest twist I have ever seen.

5/10

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I do admit, if I hadn't have bashed one out earlier in the day, I would have during that film. She was gorgeous <3

Having said that, so was Audrey Hepburn <3

I bought 3 films all on my 'list' today for £3 each: Goodfellas, Alien and Aliens. So will be watching those soon :D

marc

CF Legend
Finally saw Up last night.

Brilliant film cried within the first 10 mins and a few other times in the film.

The story was good and the animation was faultless.

Really enjoyed it one of the best Pixar films, for me though I still prefer Wall.E.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ian said:
Pierrepoint.

Does anyone else when reading that title think of our own Geordie member standing in front of a room of people incoherently trying to teach them something using a laptop and projector?

Marc, glad you liked Up. I think I preferred it to Wall-E simply because I saw it at the cinema, which always adds a lot.

Watched Last House on the left remake last night. Was alright I suppose? A bit harsh, but lots of blood and quite tense. A little bland overall but an easy 7/10

Brookes

Giga Poster
Saw 3D Avatar today and it was great. The story is really imaginative and quite complex, even though maybe a little confusing at times. The effects are fantastic, there isn't a load of 3D stuff going on but when it is like when it is going along the forest floor, it really makes you feel as if you're there. It was really unpredictable as due to the storyline, I had no idea what was going to happen next. It was my first proper film that I have seen in 3D and it was great, if a little long.

8/10

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Brookes said:
The story is really imaginative and quite complex, even though maybe a little confusing at times.

Come on out Taylor, we know you're in there! :p

The story was imaginative a few hundred years ago, but it's not really so great nowadays. It was also very, VERY simple.

It's a great film, but the story was weaker than a single tea-leaf cuppa.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Watched the first of my DVDs last night, and one from my 'list', Alien.

I know that this film has been of much discussion on the CF boards recently, but I found it quite good...visually. The storyline could easily have been put into 5 mins or so, but expended it to 112 mins...which was a tad annoying.

However, filled between this is some wonderful set visuals. It was beautifully done, especially for a film more than 30 years old.

Stunningly good.

8/10

Watched 2 films at the cinema today. First up was Valentines Day. From the advert, this looked funny, and it looked like an American 'Love Actually'.

Well - it was really like an American Love Actually (to which I LOVE <3)...in fact, many of the sub-plots are very, very similar to Love Actually.

Love actually, however, was actually funny. This contained very little comedy, only one scene comes to mind where I actually laughed.

I was very disappointed.

5/10

Then watched The Princess and the Frog. Having had a crap almost Disney-free childhood, i was going to see this.

It was very good, very jolly and made me laugh much more than Valentines Day. Though me and Martyn were the only people in the whole of the packed cinema not a child or parent, thus, making us look like paedos.

Fun movie nonetheless.

8/10

nadroJ

CF Legend
furie said:
Watched Last House on the left remake last night. Was alright I suppose? A bit harsh, but lots of blood and quite tense. A little bland overall but an easy 7/10

I didn't actually hate this remake, which is unusual from me being a horror fanatic. However, they did miss out one of the best scenes from Wes Craven's original which is a little disappointing. I also quite liked the alternate ending they used in the remake to the original <3

Speaking of horror remakes, Nightmare on Elm Street will be out this year with Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach from Watchmen) as Freddy instead of the originial guy Robert Englund. Should be good, trailer looks awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AytCMB0YW8

Are they seriously running out of ideas this badly where all they can do now is resort to making remakes? It's SO annoying.

And Last House on the Left was good, one of the better remakes and one of the better horror movies recently period.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^It would appear this is the case in Horrorland yes. I'm not complaining, I quite enjoy remakes when they're good.

Nadia

Mega Poster
A single man

Is actually amazing :--D it was definitely a film that touched me deep down (haha that sounds wrong) but I'm still amazed now at how good, meaningful and well styled it was (a fashion designer did direct it so I guess that explains the lovely styling and shots)

Me and my mate were going to go and watch valentines day on yes valentines day until I read crap reviews about it. So I asked her if she fancied going to see this instead. The trailer is very sexy too so it defo made us want to see it haha!

Cba going into what it's about, but oh my, it's fantabulous and made me cry! Colin Firth is looking well sexy for an older guy too, much love there :love10:

10/10!!!!! Go and see it!

Speaking of horror remakes.. The Stepfather.

Well, it was okay. Something I'll probably forget in like, two days, but it was a mindless and amusing watch regardless of whether it was forgettable or not. Kinda reminded me of Disturbia in a way and it was sort of suspenseful.

7/10

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Had a family gathering around Up last night. Still absolutely brilliant. The short about the cloud is also utterly brilliant. 10/10 even on the small screen.

Dave

CF Legend
Ian said:
I watched two films over the weekend.

First up was The Hurt Locker.

Typical American Army propagan... sh1te. Bomb dispoal expert goes to various places in Iraq defusing bombs yadda yadda yadda.

The bomb disposing/explosions/sniper bits were BRILLIANT! Tense, spectacular and in places realistic (I'd imagine) and edgy.

However, as soon as it boiled down to the American soldiers personal bits, it became very w@nky and sickly. The moral of the film is that everyday life is crap for a soldier.

Would I recommend it? Yes. It has it's moments but it's just so "American" backslappy. and that's a bad thing.

In the Ian's Does It Smell of Wee? Scale, it's that first wee you have after four pints. Bad news - the seal is broken and it wont stop pissing.

One of my favourite scenes in the film is where he goes home and his partner asks to get some cereal and he's baffled. Long panning shots of endless cereal.

Daddy Day Care

My sister was watching it so I sat down and watched it with her expecting something absolutely retarded, and the bad reviews when it came out didn't make me think otherwise either. But, it was really cute and had a lot of laugh out loud moments. The characters were likeable, and the kids were adorable.

7.4/10

Ollie

CF Legend
Watched Monsters Inc today again. Haven't seen it in years but still think it's one of the best Disney/Pixar movies ever. :)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Nadia said:
A single man

Is actually amazing :--D it was definitely a film that touched me deep down (haha that sounds wrong) but I'm still amazed now at how good, meaningful and well styled it was (a fashion designer did direct it so I guess that explains the lovely styling and shots)

Me and my mate were going to go and watch valentines day on yes valentines day until I read crap reviews about it. So I asked her if she fancied going to see this instead. The trailer is very sexy too so it defo made us want to see it haha!

Cba going into what it's about, but oh my, it's fantabulous and made me cry! Colin Firth is looking well sexy for an older guy too, much love there :love10:

10/10!!!!! Go and see it!

AGREEED 100%! nothing more to add really, a must see! 10/10