What's new

"Now Showing"

LOL Ben, that's the man.. Or the thing.. Who inspired my nickname at work, yay.

Skeletorrr!

And Neal, if you think big boobs are all it takes to be pretty, you're really shallow. She doesn't look as good being a puny eighty pound twig, but she's still decent, boobs or no boobs.

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ Boobs aren't that important.

breasts-demotivational-posters.jpg

^ But that forgot to mention the back problems that girl will have :p .

Nah, boobs are definitely nice and I'd love for mine to be bigger but I'm getting along just fine without 'em :p .

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ But that forgot to mention the back problems that girl will have :p .

Nah, boobs are definitely nice and I'd love for mine to be bigger but I'm getting along just fine without 'em :p .

1. Who said gigantic boobs? I'm fine with oranges on my current wifey. ;)
2. That explains the piercings.

peep

CF Legend
Went to see Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief.

I had only seen the teaser trailer for this (the one where he gets into the lift and not much else happens) so wasn't too sure what to expect from this film. I thought it was great fun and brilliant entertainment. I thought the guy in the lead was very good and slightly resembled Zac Efron (in a good way). I hope it does really well as I'm intrigued about what could possibly happen in the sequels (or I may just decide to read the books). There were some kids in front who were talking about the books beforehand and they seemed impressed by the end of the film, which is a good sign imo. Oh yeah and there is a coaster at the beginning :p

Rating: 4/5

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, me again. Cinema day 1 :p

The Wolfman.

Great cast, mediocre plot, average directing and ok CGI. Umm, that pretty much sums this film up. It just felt a bit flat overall, nothing new and exciting.

Rating: 2/5

An Education

Brilliant film, great performances by all the cast. I really enjoyed the film and am so glad that it has been recognised with Oscar and Bafta nominations.

Invictus

Quite predictable (especially if you know what happened) but still enjoyable. A great feel-good film that passes time well. Some good performances in there too from Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman.

Rating: 3/5

Also, I'm currently watching Up on blu-ray! :D Tomorrow I'll also be watching another 3 films at the cinema :p

Homer

Hyper Poster
I'm intrigued about Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief?

Is this basically God of War minus blood and sex and Kratos is an awkward teenager?

peep

CF Legend
^I have no idea what happens in God of War so therefore I can't comment. Glad you enjoyed it too Snoo.

Ok, saw another two films at the cinema today...

First was Youth in Revolt.

It wasn't as good as I was expecting but it did have some amazing scenes (thanks to Frank Willard, Ray Liotta and Justin Long). I thought Steve Buscemi was under-used in the film which was a shame. Altogether it's a rather average film with some rather stand-out scenes that make it worth a watch.

Rating: 3/5

Then I saw the new Studio Ghibli film, Ponyo.

Now I find that I get about half way through a Studio Ghibli film and start wondering about when it will end. I'm not sure why as they are beautiful, interesting films but I do tend to get a little bored in the middle. Unfortunately the same goes with Ponyo. Apart from that it's a great film with some interesting characters and a very original and fun story. I did really enjoy this film and the rest of the audience did too (but I think they were all major fans, they all knew the lyrics to the end song (which was hilarious) :p).

I was going to see A Single Man too but I just wasn't in the mood to watch it, maybe next weekend.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I went to see Ponyo.

My girlfriend is a huge Studio Ghibli fan, and I am too by proxy.

Ghibli films are always gorgeously animated and Ponyo doesn't disappoint here. It's satisfying to see a children's film with multiple layers of story and strong characters. It's frustrating however to know that very few people will go see it, preferring instead to watch the latest mind-numbing CG 3D Hollywood cheap-as-balls-to-make kids crap. Even with Disney as US publisher and on the production company list this film won't get the recognition it deserves here. Go see it if you can.

Okay, this pains me to admit, but I re-watched The Notebook since I hadn't seen it since it first came out.. And.. I liked it. After seeing things like Dear John where they just didn't develop the characters enough, and them chemistry was a bit strange, I realized the Notebook has almost all of the elements vital to a good love story. So basically, yah, I liked it more than I use to, and the end is so heartbreaking but beautiful at the same time.

8/10

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I watched two films over the weekend.

First up was The Hurt Locker.

Typical American Army propagan... sh1te. Bomb dispoal expert goes to various places in Iraq defusing bombs yadda yadda yadda.

The bomb disposing/explosions/sniper bits were BRILLIANT! Tense, spectacular and in places realistic (I'd imagine) and edgy.

However, as soon as it boiled down to the American soldiers personal bits, it became very w@nky and sickly. The moral of the film is that everyday life is crap for a soldier.

Would I recommend it? Yes. It has it's moments but it's just so "American" backslappy. and that's a bad thing.

In the Ian's Does It Smell of Wee? Scale, it's that first wee you have after four pints. Bad news - the seal is broken and it wont stop pissing.

The second one was Pierrepoint.

The story of Albert Pierrepoint who was Britain's, no, THE WORLD'S best executioner.

I've always had a strange fascination with capital punishment so this was a high priority film for me. I loved it!

It tells the story of how Pierrepoint would slickly execute the prisioners, how the job ended up affecting his mental state of mind and those around him.

Superbly acted, well paced and touched sensitivity on a dark subject.

On the Ian's Does It Smell of Wee? Scale, it's the lovely clear, forceful, odourless wee you have about midday after a morning drinking water and tea.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
The invention of lying

Quick overview, in a world where everyone tells the truth, one man has discovered the power of the lie.

One of those films that just seems to make you feel good... even though the source material can be viewed as a bad thing.

Gervais is for the most part, good, but nothing more. There are some scenes where you really sympathise with him, but others you see that he is better suited to Extras or the Office.

The one thing that this film was poor at was caracter development. For example, the "best mate" character isn;t really developed on, and feels like a lost oppertunity. And also the way that Gervais could only get the "girl" is to lie seems a bit wrong to me.

However, the comedy that comes hand in hand with the brutal put downs throughout the movie is brilliant. Its just this is one of those films that seems like a missed oppertunity, and could have been so much more.

A feel good comedy, worthy of a 6/10 imo.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
From my list of 'Films To Watch Before I Die', I was able to watch When Harry Met Sally last night.

Billed as the ultimate rom-com, this really didn't fail in it comedic and romantic elements. Not only was it funny at various moments, you could really feel the build up of characters love, hate, lust and friendship over the 12 or so years they met each other.

I now know why it is a classic.

8.5/10

And one down from my list :D