What's new

"Now Showing"

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Oh man Ollie, Castaway is seriously such a sad movie. My only beef with it was that it's too long, and I don't normally have a problem with long movies, but Castaway did seem to drag on a little bit.

I thought the ending sucked... but I guess real life does :lol:

It was a volleyball (take it from Mr above 8 point average on the CF quiz :p ).

I watched The Simpson's Movie last night. I laughed... Once... It's not dreadful, but it should never have been made.

I then redeemed myself by watching "The Song Remains the Same" on BBC 4. Two hours of live Led Zeppelin goodness. Absolutely fantastic stuff, but so cringeworthily 70's. It's a tough one to watch, but the music is just amazing!

It really upset Madame_F as she hates the Zep :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
furie said:
I watched The Simpson's Movie last night. I laughed... Once...

When Homer was whipping the huskies? "Run, run, run. Jump, jump, Jump. Rest, rest, rest."

That was the only bit I actually LOL (opposed to smirking) and I was cained when I watched it.

It is a good film imo. I think that most people, myself included, expected a lot more and were disappointed that it didn't contantly deliever side-splitting m,oments. However, it was consistant throughout and flowed well.

I thought the ending sucked... but I guess real life does

Lol, I don't even remember the end. The only part that's actually even memorable is the Wilson thing! I actually forget how he even got stranded (though for some reasom Fed Ex is popping into my head).

You guys are all just haters of the Simpsons Movie anyway. There were so many funny parts! I guess you guys just don't have a sense of humour :lol: .

Ben

CF Legend
The only bit that REALLY makes me LOL is when the Happy-Feet-esque tap-dancing penguin gets shot in Grand Theft Walrus.

That's ****ing hilarious.

peep

CF Legend
Today I went to see the new comedy from the genius Judd Apatow, Walk Hard: The story of Dewey Cox.

Reviews of the film were saying it was quite bad compared to Knocked up and Superbad, but I thought it was hilarious. Yeah of course it isn't as good as the other films but it still succeeds in being a great comedy. I think if I would have seen Walk the line (Jonny Cash biopic) I would have understood more of the jokes. I was also shocked at how good the songs were too, I thought they were amusing as well as catchy. Great film with some brilliant comic moments.

Rating: 4/5

Tomorrow afternoon - Sweeney Todd!!!!

The only bit that REALLY makes me LOL is when the Happy-Feet-esque tap-dancing penguin gets shot in Grand Theft Walrus.

LOL that was funny. I actually didn't really notice that until last time I watched it.

I liked pretty much all the parts that were intended to be funny. I liked when Homer and Bart were on the roof fixing stuff, and I also found it funny when Homer was talking to himself in Alaska, when he was saying "must keep going! But I can't. Yes you can!". Something like that, anyway.

Spider Pig would've been hilarious if I hadn't seen it in the commercial fifty million times.

Peep make sure to review Sweeney Todd ASAP, as I wanna hear more reviews for that movie. Looks rather good.

peep

CF Legend
^Its a shame you can't see it. Over here its an 18, in America its Restricted and I have no idea what rating you have in Canada, I'm sure its something similar. I'll probably get home asap so I can so I can post the first review :p

John91

Mega Poster
I wish I could see Sweeney at the cinema, but as I'm 16 I resorted to the interweb.
The vid wasn't best quality, but it was a cracking film. Normally i'm not a fan of musicals, but this was something else. I have to admit though, I can't see why it's an 18. The stuff you see on screen was nothing compared to 300. I guess they just don't want people to see good films.

^Its a shame you can't see it. Over here its an 18, in America its Restricted and I have no idea what rating you have in Canada, I'm sure its something similar. I'll probably get home asap so I can so I can post the first review

Lol I can go see it if I want, I just couldn't be bothered to go to the movies lately. Even if I were able to go to the movies, I'd probably want to see Juno before Sweeney Todd, but I'll probably rent Sweeney Todd when it comes out on DVD.

Canadian ratings are different though. No matter what the movie is rated, you can get in at any age. Like, even if it's rather 18A, you can get in even if you're 5, as long as someone over 18 is with you.

peep

CF Legend
^Thats kinda lame. Whats the whole point of having a ratings scheme if anyone can get in if with someone a bit older. Jeez, when will the BBFC learn.

John91

Mega Poster
Well we have a rating system for the middle ages that doesn't revolve around money. Why do you think people were going on about Spiderman a few years ago.

^Thats kinda lame. Whats the whole point of having a ratings scheme if anyone can get in if with someone a bit older. Jeez, when will the BBFC learn.

It's awesome though, so who cares?

You're totally jealous of our rating system :lol: .

Americans do have the "R" rating though, so people under 18 can't get in. I don't think I've ever seen a movie here rated "R", as there's only really 18A. Most of our ratings are like this:

G- Good or general, for any audience
PG/PG13- Parental guidence recommended
14A- Have to be fourteen or have someone eighteen or over bring you
18A- Have to be eighteen or have someone with you over eighteen

big john

Mega Poster
All i have to say is CLOVERFIELD Its a must see i wont spoil any of it as its such a cool film but its very griping and very well done. If anyone wants to know the story ill post but id rather not as people must see it and seeing as they have gone to so much trouble to keep it secret go find out yourself lol its awsome.

Snoo

The Legend
^I disagree.

Also went to see Cloverfield for the first showing in town.. not a fan at all.. and neither were a majority of people in the theater.. or the 5 people I was with.

I got a headache from all the shaking.. the ending was just.. no.. and I'm left asking more questions now then I did from the trailers. Its not often that I don't like a movie.. but this one disappointed quite a bit.

Poor.

5/10

Yeah, I have a feeling it will get very mixed reviews. By the way Snoo, I'm guessing the end was like, one of those happy ending things that are seen way too often these days?

I bet the effects were cool though, non?

big john

Mega Poster
Thats exactly why i loved it they make no attempt to explain it or justify anything its basicly just a diary of events from footage found i do agree you will ether love it or hate it i dont think there is a middle ground and i see where your coming from with the shaky camera, Some people even complained about motion sickness but didnt really bother me. but ye the effects are cool and not many films make me think wow that was actually really cool and well done. each to his own i think but not as crap as some of the stuff out there lol hehehe

A-Kid

Giga Poster
A V P R

I saw this last night and I think this is a really good film. They seem to have left it open ended, so I guess there will be another film to come. The only down side is that its really short.
If you like the other films then you will like this one. Its much better than AVP. I would give it a 9/10.