What's new

"Now Showing"

Ollie

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Coaster Ollie, that movie sounds kind of odd if I do say so myself!

Thats why you should go and see it. :D

Anyway to avoid this being spam, i'm going to rate a film.
Now lets see..... :?

Oh yes....

Toy Story
Havn't seen this film for years but it is still one of my favourites.
The vocal talent is perfect and now everytime I hear Tom Hanks voice I can't help but think of Woody.

If you havn't seen this movie yet then what planet have you been living on?

10/10. :D

Yeah Ollie, don't think I'll be going to see it but it does sound weird in a cool sort of way.

As for Toy Story, I agree, it rocks! I never thought much of it as a little kid but I watched it oh, two years ago, and I was like wow this is one of the best Disney movies I've seen in a long time. I watched it recently too, haha. I don't care if I'm fifteen or twenty, I'll still always watch Disney fims. In fact I just watched Lion King today which is fabulous too, lol.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I went to see Balls of Fury yesterday and it was better than expected. Quite funny but it felt a little short but overall a good movie and worth going to see.

7.5/10

Snoo

The Legend
Family Guy: Blue Harvest

I like spoofs of Star Wars, since I am a fan of it.. this one lived up to what I thought it was going to be.. to a point.

I'd say.. 8.5/10.. coulda ended it better.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I finally saw all of Bourne Identity last night. Another really great movie with a lot of intrigue, even though some of the plot line felt rather obvious. Still, worth watching and I'm very interested to see the other two now.
9/10

Oh, and I watched Serenity again a few nights ago... that's now officially my favorite movie. So good...

peep

CF Legend
Wow, I've been very busy this weekend with films.

On Friday I watched...

Get Shorty
Classic film, great cast, well written and very enjoyable. Travolta is a legend and he knows it. I still think that De Vito should be in the film more, but meh, he still rocks.

Rating: 4/5

Be Cool
Kinda sequel to Get Shorty. Unfortunately its not as good, cast is still good but the film seems to depend way too much on cameos which shows that the storyline wasn't good enough for peeps to go see the film. On the other hand its still enjoyable to watch despite the lame story.

Rating: 3/5

Dr Strangelove
I absolutely love this Stanley Kubrick classic. There is the odd boring moment but it has such a good script and brilliant performances that the boring moments flitter away. The best moments in the film are defiantly all the scenes with the great Peter Sellers and the bit where the army guy and the Russian are fighting and the President says "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."

Rating: 5/5

Saturday evening I watched...

Peter Pan
Lol, I love Disney films, they are so awesome. Peter Pan has always been a film I've enjoyed sitting down and watching again and again. I think my favorite character has to be the crocodile for being so amusing with his eye bopping up and down to the sound of the clock. The film is so enjoyable and entertaining that you don't want it to end. Love it.

Then today I watched

Time Bandits
Never seen this film before but I've wanted to for a few years now. I think it was very amusing, yet very odd. Best scene obviously being John Cleese as Robin Hood, classic. I'll have to get it on DVD now so I can watch it again.

Rating: 3/5

True Romance
I can't believe I have never seen this film before, its a masterpiece. Christian Slater is excellent in the lead role. Tarantino's script is brilliant and helps the film be really engaging. Its such an original piece as well with great scenes and great characters, just a shame we don't see much of Christopher Walken.

Rating: 4.5/5

Wow, I had a good weekend :p

Homer

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Family Guy: Blue Harvest

I like spoofs of Star Wars, since I am a fan of it.. this one lived up to what I thought it was going to be.. to a point.

I'd say.. 8.5/10.. coulda ended it better.
Family Guy is pointless Snoo, haven't you learned that from watching the show? :wink:

Snoo

The Legend
^Yeah.. I know its pointless.. but I love Star Wars.. so even if it was Family Guy, it was still funny.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I saw The Golden Compass yesterday. The story is brillian (the book) and the film version is also great. It's a very powerful film though, with very dramatic, and I thought it was too 'big' for a PG. Oh well.

The effects in it are stunning, anf I would recommend it. It did feel a bit short though.

9/10

peep

CF Legend
^You actually enjoyed The Golden Compass? Wow, your probably the only peep in the World that admits that.

Today I watched Pirates of the Carribean: The curse of the Black Pearl in lovely HD.

I love this film, got to be the best out of the three. The action scenes are well executed and the story has some great twists so you never know whats going to happen next. You also have to love Depp's Capt. Jack Sparrow, classic.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I thought the books were brilliant. To be honest I won't listen to people's oppinion if they haven't read the book.

I thought it was good. Not the best film I've ever seen, but it's good.

Peep I agree about the first Pirate movie being the best. The rest seemed far more dragged on than the first one, and their storylines were more confusing.

We're watching Ghosts of Mississippi in English right now because it kind of ties into our studies of To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm not really into court and trial type movies but this was pretty good and the beginning was quite a tearjerking part in the film.

I'd say 6.5/10 so far, as we haven't completely finished it yet.

John91

Mega Poster
Out of sheer boredom I went to see the first thing I could find on at the cinema yesterday. Turned out I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was fairly okay, the squeaky noise of chipmunks talking really started to get annoying towards the end, but it was watchable apart from that. 5/10

Ben

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
We're watching Ghosts of Mississippi in English right now because it kind of ties into our studies of To Kill a Mockingbird.

Do you EVER read in that class?

Do you EVER read in that class?

Like I said, the movie has to do with our studies of To Kill a Mockingbird, which we're reading as part of a novel study. We've done a novel study on the book I just mentioned, as well as Night, and we've studied Julius Caesar, and then had to do a huge project involving our own book. Oh yeah and we did some poems and plays like Marty, which was a good one. So yeah we do read in that class, but we also do watch a lot of films, which have to do with the topic we're learning.

We also watch a lot of movies in history but again it all has to do with our curriculum.

Jake

Strata Poster
I don't know if I posted this... it's kinda old.

Watched Transformers on the plane home just before new years. It was alright, but the ending was sooo cheesy and typical. I'd say it's worth watching but it's hardly great.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Coaster Ollie said:
Toy Story
Havn't seen this film for years but it is still one of my favourites.
The vocal talent is perfect and now everytime I hear Tom Hanks voice I can't help but think of Woody.

If you havn't seen this movie yet then what planet have you been living on?

10/10. :D

I dug out our old VHS copy for Maxi-Minor_Furie a few weeks before Christmas, and Toy Story 2. We also have Buzz, Woody and Rex toys that he sits and plays with while watching :)

Needless to say, I've now seen both films 50 times, sometimes 3 times a day!!!! (Okay, he only watches 20 minutes or so at a time :lol: ).

Both superb films though. I watched them both at the cinema on release (sans children), and loved them. The fact that repeated watchnig doesn't grate shows just how good they are.

He's now moved on to Monsters Inc (got that for him for Christmas), and we have Mike, Sully and Waternoose toys too :lol:. It's not as good, but still much better than pretty much everything else in the world :p The other Pixar films just don't seem to have the same kind of quality -they're still awesome, but just not quite there.

Peep - Time Bandits is an awesome film. One of my favourite childhood films! Easily a 4/5, just don't view it as a Python films, as it isn't. It's not as good as Brazil, but it's still one of Terry Gilliam's best!

Back on track. I watched Pan's Labyrinth last night, finally (had it on the V+ box for months). I hate watching heavily hyped films, but I can usually put aside all the awesomeness I've heard about them and watch objectively.

It's a great film though, superbly made, and very haunting. I don't mind subtitled films as Madame_F is a bit deaf so we always have them on anyway (plus with SSIL_Furie being deaf, we often see subtitled movies at the cinema). Well worth watching if you're in the mood for something a bit different!

Also watched... Terminator 2 with Minor_Furie... I still can't make up my mind about T2. It's well made, mindless action movie fun. I can't deny that, but the storyline is actually rubbish, and the whole paradox thing irks me in extremis! Gah, it's such cheesy fun though! :lol:

peep

CF Legend
^Furie I have to agree about Bandits, although seeing as I've seen Gilliam's last film, Tideland, I kinda knew what to expect, although Tideland is turd compared to Bandits.

You might want to get the Buzz, Woody and Rex toys ready for next year too, as Toy Story 3 is released. I have mixed feelings about the whole idea of a third film but I'm sure it will still be enjoyable.

Anyways..I just watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I've never really sat down and watched a Western before at home (only saw Jesse James before christmas at the cinema and thats it) and I have wanted to for quite some time now. This film was great though, good performances, good story etc. The montage bit in the middle was a tad random and went on for a bit (5-10 mins of a camera zooming in and out of stills) and I got a little bored. Overall I enjoyed it and the ending was good, made it feel like a proper ending.

Rating: 4/5

Lol Furie, Monsters Inc. is awesome. You do have good tastes in Pixar films, as I have to agree with you about the Toy Story thing as well. Though, I didn't find Toy Story 2 as good as the first, but it's still a decent film. As for Pans Labyrinth, I also agree. That film was really good and I was so excited that it kind of strayed away from the happy endings we see in movies pretty much all the time these days. It was also so much different than I had expect it to be, as I expected a nice fairy tale. Boy was I ever wrong, and it was more gory than a lot of horror movies I've watched :p .

Watched Transformers on the plane home just before new years. It was alright, but the ending was sooo cheesy and typical. I'd say it's worth watching but it's hardly great.

Let me guess. I haven't seen it but I'm guessing the guy and girl in the film are in love, and then they have to face all of the robots, and then in the end they get together, or something else cheesy and cliched of the sorts?

Finished Ghosts of Mississippi today and it was pretty good. Better than I expected and it's based on a true story which makes it educational as well. Shame the way society use to be so racist, and the sad thing is, there are still some people like that today. Overall I'd give the film a 6.9-7/10, as it wasn't the most exciting thing but it was still interesting.