What's new

"Now Showing"

^Agreed. Insulting film really.. of course, The Simpsons have been old for god knows how long anymore. They really need to stop IMO.

Naww man, Simpsons are awesome. Sure, some of the recent episodes have been pretty dry, and the show isn't as funny as South Park or whatever, but it's a good show, and it was a decent film (could've been better though).

Anyway, my purpose for posting was to ask anyone if they've seen trailers for the movie the Orphanage, by the makers of Pan's Labyrinth? I don't get creeped out easily but the person with the mask on in the trailer creeped me out quite a bit. I think it looks like a good horror film.

I really want to see Juno though, might go this weekend.

John91

Mega Poster
I finally managed to see the entire Die Hard trilogy last night. All of them were excellent, but Die Hard with a vengence was easily the weakest of the three. Can't decide whether I prefer the first or second one though lol.

Dave

CF Legend
Oh my lord, I want to see Cloverfield, heard of the film in Film Studies today and then watched it when I got home. It looks soo good :D

Johnny

Hyper Poster
^Same here.

My friends and I love Lost, and we're really looking forward to seeing this. Although the statue of liberty head in the original teaser is tiny compared to the real thing!

My friends and I love Lost, and we're really looking forward to seeing this. Although the statue of liberty head in the original teaser is tiny compared to the real thing!

Erm, not it's not! I actually have a picture of the life size Statue of Liberty head, so I'll try to snag it, not as big as you might think it is though, and the one in the trailer seems bigger than it should.

Actually, I found the picture really fast on my Photobucket (surprisingly since I have like a zillion pictures on there), so to put all Statue of Liberty size-of-the-head stuff to rest, here it is:

DSCN2027.jpg

Don't mind me in the picture though, not lookin' too fab.

I'm personally not all to excited about that movie, and can't understand the hype surrounding it. I'd much rather see Juno, which hopefully I'll be seeing this weekend, but we'll see.

John91

Mega Poster
I envy you North Americans. You get all the decent looking films first. I really wanna see Sweeney Todd, but recently found it'll be an 18. Damn rating system conspiring against me.

I envy you North Americans. You get all the decent looking films first. I really wanna see Sweeney Todd, but recently found it'll be an 18. Damn rating system conspiring against me.

Don't worry, it's eighteen here too, except I've seen a lot of people clearly under eighteen get in because the movie people just don't care. I'm pretty sure that in the UK, an eighteen rating means you have to be eighteen, right? Here it's you can get in at any age as long as you're with someone over the required age, so by the chance that it might be like that in the UK, just go with your parents or something. Or you could always wait until it comes out on DVD!

I heard it's a pretty good film though. Can't understand why it's rated what it is, though. Yeah, I know it has gore, but so many movies seem a million times worse, and yet they're all just rated fourteen, so eh. Whatever though.

Snoo

The Legend
Don't worry, its Rated R here too.. which is under 18 prohibited.

I'd go into a long paragraph about non sense, but Taylor has already done that! :lol:

I heard Sweeney Todd was good.. and then bad.. so just sneak in one day and you'll have no worries!

John91

Mega Poster
The problem with the UK ratings is that 15 and 18 are prohibited to anyone under that age. Always sucked when i was underage. The 12 rating was restricted like 15 and 18, but was changed to basically become the equivalent of PG-13. It annoyed the hell out of me when people took babies to the last Pirates of the Caribbean. They were crying all the way through.

David

Mega Poster
I went to see "I am Legend" today and thought it was alright.

I'll say now that I am not a big fan of films that make you jump, and this one made you jump a lot. Minus all the jumpy bits though this turned out to be a good film. Will Smith played the lead role very well and the film was action packed. A few negatives I found the plot line sometimes hard to follow and found it a little confusing at times, the talking scences sometimes got a little boring and seemed to drag on a bit.

All in all I felt it was a good film and I would reccomend it, however it loses it's appeal after the first time you see it, so it is not one I would see again.

I'll give it a 7/10.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Erm, not it's not! I actually have a picture of the life size Statue of Liberty head, so I'll try to snag it, not as big as you might think it is though, and the one in the trailer seems bigger than it should.
Oh right, I honestly thought it was quite big, because I know you can go inside the head, so I didn't think it would be that small.

Oh right, I honestly thought it was quite big, because I know you can go inside the head, so I didn't think it would be that small.

No, you can't go in it anymore, and I think it was the torch that you could go in, not the head.

Don't worry, its Rated R here too.. which is under 18 prohibited.

I'd go into a long paragraph about non sense, but Taylor has already done that!

Hawhaw, Canada ratings rock.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
No, you can't go in it anymore, and I think it was the torch that you could go in, not the head.

Well, I'm not from the US, but i know this much:
There is an abandoned viewing platform inside the head of the statue. Her arm surely is big, but you couldn't put two stairs in it (one up, one down).
The torch is just that - a torch. viewing platform outside, never open to public.

To stay on topic, just watched "Pinchcliffe Grand Prix" for the 26th time. Still as good as it has always been (and, IMO, the only good Norwegian film ever produced). 10+/10

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I just got back from seeing "One Missed Call" and it was just OK. It had some scary points but the phone call ring tone got so annoying that people in the theater started whistling it. So I would probably give it a 7/10

Well, I'm not from the US, but i know this much:
There is an abandoned viewing platform inside the head of the statue. Her arm surely is big, but you couldn't put two stairs in it (one up, one down).
The torch is just that - a torch. viewing platform outside, never open to public.

Oh, I can't remember where the restaurant was though. It was either in the crown or the torch, but now that I think about it, both seem a bit small to have a restaurant in them (one of them did at one point though I'm pretty sure, unless I'm thinking of something else).

At any rate, you can only go on the observation deck now, no further, so it doesn't really matter.

Erm, I don't actually have a movie review but I watched The Simpsons' Movie again last night and I can't believe some people think it's worth a zero. It does have its funny moments, as I've said before.

John91

Mega Poster
I've just returned from I Am Legend, and I thought it was alright. There are better films than this, and an awful lot of films that are worse. But I can't see how they managed to spend $150m on this. It looked more like parts of a resident evil game.

Spoiler:
I didn't like the bit where he had to kill his dog. I really didn't like that

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
^^ I herd that the movie was absolutely terrible from a few people and a couple people saying it's OK so I don't think I'm gonna bother seeing it.

Valleyfair, are you talking about the Simpsons' Movie or I Am Legend? Either way, don't let what people say put you off of either movie. There's bad reviews for both and they're not what you'd really call top notch movies, but they're both worth a watch.

If you're talking about I Am Legend, wait for it to come out on DVD, and if you're talking about the Simpsons, just rent it. Renting only costs a few bucks anyway, or borrow it from a friend if one of your friends has it.