What's new

"Now Showing"

Dave

CF Legend
Im getting more and more excited now about seeing Sweeny Todd, have listened to clips from the soundtrack and they all seem to do a good job.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Valleyfair, are you talking about the Simpsons' Movie or I Am Legend? Either way, don't let what people say put you off of either movie. There's bad reviews for both and they're not what you'd really call top notch movies, but they're both worth a watch.

If you're talking about I Am Legend, wait for it to come out on DVD, and if you're talking about the Simpsons, just rent it. Renting only costs a few bucks anyway, or borrow it from a friend if one of your friends has it.

I'm talking about I Am Legend, I saw the Simpson's Movie and I liked it but prefer jut the episodes. But ya the plan usually when there are bad reviews is I'll just end up watching it a friends house some time, or I'll rent it.

John91

Mega Poster
Well, I'm sort of regretting seeing I am Legend earlier as my friend managed to get a copy of it the other day. £6.50/$13 down the drain there.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I want to see Sweeney Tod but I am not old enough. Gayness Maximus! However me and the lad are going to see Aliens Versus Predator Requiem later in the month which should be a good laugh.

I am not relying much on any type of plot because we are all there for extra terrestrial carnage. I have been impressed that all the Alien films up to date have manage to get pretty good plots and the first Predator film wasn't bad for a film where Arnold Schwarzanegger(?) plays the lead character. Predator 2 was dire though.

John91

Mega Poster
That we are Dan.
Gotta see Cloverfield as well. Bit annoyed that there's no proper trailer for that in britain yet, with just over a month to go before it's released.

peep

CF Legend
Yesterday I went to the cinema with the family to see St. Trinians. It was an ok film, don't know what I was expecting but it was an enjoyable film overall. I felt that they used way too many quotes from other classic films, in a way ruined it a tad for me. There's not much else I can say about this film really. Rating: 3/5

Then in the evening I watched Sin City on BBC2, I have it on DVD but I have never been arsed to sit down and watch it. It was ok, took me a while to get used to the style of the film. I still can't see why peeps went apesh*t over it, very overrated indeed. I suppose it was well directed and acted but it just didn't grab my attention, therefore it was turd. Rating: 3/5

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
peep said:
Then in the evening I watched Sin City on BBC2, I have it on DVD but I have never been arsed to sit down and watch it. It was ok, took me a while to get used to the style of the film. I still can't see why peeps went apesh*t over it, very overrated indeed. I suppose it was well directed and acted but it just didn't grab my attention, therefore it was turd. Rating: 3/5

Heathen! :p

I didn't follow the hype, just added it to me Screenselect list and it arrived about 6 months ago (a long time after release). I prefer not to get into film hype generally.

Basically though, it's the only film I've watched and wanted to see immediately afterwards again it was so, not good, or impressive, but compelling to me.

I didn't, and I've not seen it since, so it'll be interesting to watch again (I recorded it last night). Will let you know if you're right or a moron in a few days :p

Snoo

The Legend
Just saw The Pursuit of Happyness

10/10.. I love this movie, beginning to end. I've seen it before, but a refresher is always nice. Fantastic story IMO.

One Missed Call

I think that movie looks like, not very good. I dunno why so many people have been going to see it, and I don't really see the appeal, lol. Also, that other movie, I don't know what it's called, but it seems like such a Saw ripoff. It's the one with the website where you can watch people die and blah blah, and it copies so many things from Saw. Won't be going to see that either.

Pursuit of Happiness did get great reviews though.

John91

Mega Poster
Finally got around to seeing Beverly Hills Cop at the weekend. OMFG it was so god damn funny. I had high hopes for it after everything i've heard about it, but it just blew me away. So simple, bananas in the exhaust, CLASSIC!!

neo

Mega Poster
I took advantage of BBC Three's Quentin Tarrantino season at Christmas, just to catch up on his work. Quentin for me as a writer/director is up their with the greats. Alongside James Cameron and Frank Darabont his films always leave me smiling. So I'd like to review perhaps one of his finest hours.

Pulp Fiction

From the coolest introduction to a film I've ever seen. To the expert and almost flawless dialoge, I was impressed and satisfied. I mean that in the best way. Pulp Fiction is worth watching, and I recomend it to anyone who is in the mood for an intelligent crime thriller.

5/5

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
One Missed Call

I think that movie looks like, not very good. I dunno why so many people have been going to see it, and I don't really see the appeal, lol. Also, that other movie, I don't know what it's called, but it seems like such a Saw ripoff. It's the one with the website where you can watch people die and blah blah, and it copies so many things from Saw. Won't be going to see that either.

Pursuit of Happiness did get great reviews though.

Because it was actually a little bit scary.. more so for everyone else then myself.

I saw the trailer a while back and wanted to see it.. I can't back out on a promise of that size.

:p

Because it was actually a little bit scary.. more so for everyone else then myself.

Aww, lil' Snooey Wooey was scared of a movie :p .

Just playing.

(Haha you were soo shivering with fright).

Erm, um, yeah spam, I haven't seen any new movies recently.

A

Anonymous

I got Hairspray on DVD for Christmas and I've seen it twice since then it's so funny! Also the songs are really catchy.

You might think John Travolta in drag is a bit weird but he's only acting the character. He plays a woman really well! Lol

Ollie

CF Legend
The Happiness of the Katakuris

Well it's unusual to find a film that has completely different genres mixed together.
But this film manages to make it a Comedy / Horror / Musical / Romance / Thriller plus many more.

Now when I was first about to see this film I thought that it would be crap as i'm not a fan of Japenese films. But after the first scene I couldn't help but give it the chance it deserved.

The story is about the Katakuri family who have just opened their guest house in the mountains. Unfortunately their first guest commits suicide and in order to avoid trouble they decide to bury him in the backyard. Things get way more complicated when their second guest, a famous sumo wrestler, dies while having sex with his underage girlfriend and the grave behind the house starts to fill up more and more.
It ends up with zombies, and has one of the craziest yet one of the most amazing movie openings i've ever seen.

If you get the chance to see this movie then I highly recomend it.

10/10. :D

Dave

CF Legend
John91 said:
Dan, they've been showing that around the world since Transformers was release in the US last June.

I know! Im studying it in Film Studies.

I just don't go to the cinema since most films nowadays are ****e.

Coaster Ollie, that movie sounds kind of odd if I do say so myself!

Anyway, not my type of movie really, but my dad brought me over to his house and he rented Death Sentence, which is more action than anything else. I wasn't really looking forward to it much, but it turned out to be quite good actually. Decent gore, a few parts that made me cry, and an overall decent storyline. Okay, so a lot of it was far fetched, but if you look beyond that, it's not too bad.

7.2/10