What's new

"Now Showing"

nadroJ

CF Legend
Well I've started on my million and one DVDs that I got for xmas and here's my thoughts so far:

Bowling for Columbine
Film by Michael Moore (you know, the fat guy who did Fareinheit 9/11 and Sicko) It's about the Columbine massacre and gun culture in America. Interesting and it made cleaning my room a lot more enjoyable. 8/10.

The Shining
I've always wanted to see this ever since I read the book and was amazed at how, even though most of the grossness that is in the book was left out of the film it was still a really really good film. I love Stanley Kubrick films anyway and Jack Nicholson is just really really scary! 9/10

American Beauty

My favourite of all my new films so far, I just loved it yet I can't really explain why. Very good acting and a very good storyline all the way through. Kevin Spacey is just great :--D 10/10

I Spit on Your Grave
The latest addition to my collection of previously banned films, this did not disappoint. Basically just low budget sex and gore. Simple yet effective. 7/10

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I saw Juno today and I thought it was very funny and most of you out there would probably like it out there as well. I didn't realize either that it takes place in Minnesota as they refer to the city of Stillwater, Beni-Hana restaurant, & Ridgedale mall. I do believe Beni-Hana is in more places then just Minnesota though. But the movie was great some funny scenes from Juno the pregnant girl and you all would probably get a laugh from it.

9/10

Aw Valleyfair you're lucky to have seen that. I've heard awesome things about it, but it's only playing in select theatres. There's a theatre around my area that plays it, but it's a bit out of the way and not near any bus routes, so there isn't a way I could really go if I wanted to go.

Glad to hear it didn't disappoint though.

Rach

Giga Poster
From my mountain of dvds and behond that I have including the ones from christmas this is what I think of them.

High School Musical 2
Tay is not going to like this. :lol:
Much better than expected as I couldn't actually remember what happened in it when I saw it on Youtube.
9/10
The songs are catchy and is better than the first one

Hairspray
Some of the songs are far too long and I lost interest in them. Other than that good film.
8/10

Night in the Museum
I saw this in cinemas back in January of 2007. I forgot what it was about but loved it and really is a good film.
9/10

IT
Scared of clowns? Well this film will make you more terrified of them. After writing an essay about the opening 2 minutes of it I thought that I would go out and buy it thinking that it would be good.
Long story short, story line was a bit confusing and was generally crap. 5/10

Miss Congenality 1 and 2
Might as well put these together. I love both of these films so much. Both really good chick flicks <3 with lots of action in <3.
9/10 for both.

Edit: 2000th post :D

High School Musical 2
Tay is not going to like this.
Much better than expected as I couldn't actually remember what happened in it when I saw it on Youtube.
9/10
The songs are catchy and is better than the first one

Hairspray
Some of the songs are far too long and I lost interest in them. Other than that good film.
8/10

Night in the Museum
I saw this in cinemas back in January of 2007. I forgot what it was about but loved it and really is a good film.
9/10

Dear Lord Rach! Me and you clearly have conflicting movie tastes. High School Musical two I haven't seen, nor do I want to, but I expect it's fairly similar to the first with songs that are just as cheesy. Hairspray I also haven't seen, but it looks better than High School Musical. Still not exactly a musical I'm longing to see though.

Okay, Night at the Museum a nine? Gimme a break, lol. That was seriously one of the stupidest movies I've seen in a while. There were a few funny parts here and there but when I watched it I was so disappointed due to the hype it was getting.

Therefore, you sir, are an idiot.

Miss, thank you very much :p

And it doesn't make make me an idiot. I would watch it if I had the chance but I'm not going to go rush out and buy it, because it's not my type of film. I like musicals, sure, but not exactly the ones like High School Musical and Hairspray.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I watched Hot Fuzz the other night well just half watched it because it was so **** and I just couldn't watch any more of it. It wasn't funny, it was boring and even Shaun of the Dead is better even though that's a pretty **** film as-well.
3/10

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ Shame you only made it through half because the funniest stuff happens at the end-- the first 2/3rds is boring, but the last third kind of makes up for it. It's no 10 (or 9 or 8 ), but it's still alright... go back and give it a chance then see how it is.

Shawshank Redemption

Hm, I'd say it's slightly overrated and isn't really the second best movie in the world (which IMDb claims), but it was still really good. It had a good storyline, and some moments that made me teary eyed. I still like the Green Mile a lot better, but yeah, this was still a great film. Stephen King never disappoints, apart from maybe the Mist.

8/10

peep

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch, I think you'll find Harispray is a completely different movie to High school musical. Just because Zac Efron is in both doesn't mean the film will only be liked by peeps who like HSM. It is a rather good film with a good plot and a deep meaning behind it.

Anyways yesturday I had a Bourne day. I got the boxset of the trilogy for christmas without even seeing any of them the entire way through (kept seeing parts of the first one).

Bourne Identity

I enjoyed this one, it has a good plot and good action sequences. I have to say that Matt Damon is actually good in these films, playing someone who doesn't seem to know much :p . Anyway it kept me entertained. 3/5

Bourne Supremecy

This was also a very enjoyable film, good cast, good plot (although seemed weeker than the first film) and once again, good action sequences. 3/5

Bourne Ultimatum

At first I was confused, it didn't seem to follow on from the third film very well, then near the end it all became clear, very clever. I love how they abused Waterloo station, for once I could go "I've been there!" towards the screen. The plot was brilliant and I think summed up the trilogy very well. My only problem with it is that Paul Greengrass (the director) cannot do fight scenes, my brain just wanted to shut down because it couldn't keep up with the stupid cutting speed. Anyways it was my favourite film in the trilogy. 4/5

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I saw I Am Legend earlier today.

Putting it simply, it was brilliant. This was probably partly due to the fact that I had no idea what to expect and I had little idea of what it was actually about, so the scenes took me by a huge surprise.

8½/10.

kimahri

CF Legend
Watched the simpsons movie.... it was bloody aweful and ended up turning it off.

0/10

Good news is I watched spirited away from beggining to end last night and it was amazing.

It was he first time i watched from begining to end as I always kept missing the beginning when ever it was on TV. The begining is disturbing. especially when you get a face full of crotch and when chihiro's parents turned into pigs

9/10

Laputa: castle in the sky.

another great movie by Hayao Miyazaki with alot of really good voice actors

8/10

Watched the simpsons movie.... it was bloody aweful and ended up turning it off.

0/10

NO! How dare you insult the Simpsons Movie? I mean sure it's not as good as I expected it to be but it's still cute and funny. It definitely doesn't deserve a zero!

Also how do you say your username Kimahri? Is it like, kim-aw-ree, or kim-a-rye? Its been bugging me the last few days so I just had to ask.

kimahri

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:

0/10

NO! How dare you insult the Simpsons Movie? I mean sure it's not as good as I expected it to be but it's still cute and funny. It definitely doesn't deserve a zero!

Also how do you say your username Kimahri? Is it like, kim-aw-ree, or kim-a-rye? Its been bugging me the last few days so I just had to ask.

Yes it does deserve a zero. it was horrid and boring (also disturbing) even spider pig failes.... miserably

ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO 0!

and its pronouced Kim-ah-ri

peep

CF Legend
^I completly agree with the zero rating for the simpsons, I think I gave it a 1, but yeah it is one terrible movie. I still don't understand why peeps like it, it should be banned for how bad it is.

peep

CF Legend
John91 said:
Why should a film be banned just because you don't like it?

Lol, t'was a joke, nevermind. :roll:
That would be going a bit far wouldn't it? But it was a very bad film

Snoo

The Legend
^Agreed. Insulting film really.. of course, The Simpsons have been old for god knows how long anymore. They really need to stop IMO.

Speaking of movies..

Futurama: Bender's Big Score

Saw that for the first time the other day.. not up to par with the rest of the series, but still had that classic funny that I liked out of Futurama.

8/10

Dave

CF Legend
Watched Romper Stomper again since i got it for christmas, tis a great film would recommend it to people, but it has themes of violence and neo-nazism, similar to American History X.
But a fantastic performance from Russell Crowe in his early film career.

9/10