What's new

"Now Showing"

Surprised you guys liked St. Trinians. I mean, I haven't seen it so I can't judge it, but every review I have seen has been nothing but slating it really. They also said the plot is very predictable.

How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, well, I've seen it before but I watched it again yesterday and it's so funny. I feel so bad for the guy when the girl is acting stupid! So yeah, it's just a generally amusing film, which I'll give a 7/10.

John91

Mega Poster
I was dragged to St Trinians on friday night, as i had nothing better to do. Very surprised if i'm honest, fairly amusing and a fairly decent story. Enough to keep me entertained for an hour and a half.
7/10

big john

Mega Poster
watched 2 film last night forst was d-wars, This film was fairly crap storyline and acting but the fx where cool and it was a all round no brainer so it gets a 7/10 for amusng dragon vs army battles. The second was I am legend the new will smith film and i was amased by this film not what was expecting at all but its ****ing fantastic go see it will smth hould get a oscer for this he isvery convincing and the story and everythig. Im ramblig now so all i can say is 10/10 go see now

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I watched Serenity again the other night, reconfirming my belief that it's one of the best movies ever made. Really I don't have anything bad to say about it, besides the fact that there's a fair amount of shock value in it. It's odd since I'm not a fan of that kind of thing, but Serenity is an excellent movie. Certainly the best sci-fi movie I've seen (including Star Wars) and definitely one of my 3 favorite movies all-around.

10/10

big john

Mega Poster
^^^ Just to add to your post may i ask if you have seen the little known tv series called firefly if not go watch it now its what started serenety ad the film makes a whole lot more sence after watching it. Ifyou have seen it good on you and an exelent roundup of an exelent film hehe.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
Went to see St. Trinians today, not much to say except it's the best film I've seen in ages. The story is quite predictable but it is really funny and definately worth a watch.

9/10

Snoo

The Legend
National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Saw it tonight.. rather good. I'm still deciding if it was better then the first, but I don't think so. It also left the door open for a 3rd movie.. which is annoying.

Overall.. 8/10

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I Am Legend

It wasn't what I was expecting, but it was quite good. If you want a film to make you jump then this is for you. It makes you think of what could happen to the world, I suppose.

I will give it an 8/10.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Excellent, I wanted to see I Am Legend, but now I hear its jumpy? Great... I'm crap with jumpy films! I might brave it anyway, it looks and sounds like a decent remake.

^Excellent, I wanted to see I Am Legend, but now I hear its jumpy? Great... I'm crap with jumpy films! I might brave it anyway, it looks and sounds like a decent remake.

I didn't think it was too jumpy. There were a few jumpy parts here and there but I didn't think it was too bad. I think you should wait until it comes out on DVD to watch it anyway, because if your theatre ticket prices are as expensive as they are here, I'm not sure it's totally worth it. I dunno though, a lot of people like it, and some people don't so I guess it's all personal taste.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I went to see I am Legend today and have been looking forward to seeing it ever since I saw the awesome preview months ago in the cinema. Sadly it was disappointing and the storyline wasn't at all what I expected. It's just a glorified Zombie film hyped up way to much. It was still OK though and I found it a bit jumpy when the freak thingies attacked because it was so loud etc.. lol.

Anyways 7/10

Yay for Tony, he has an awesome set and he hit the nail on the head with his movie review. I feel the exact same way!

Tonight I'm watching Alpha Dog. My dad told me I should probably watch it because its good, and I found it in a bargain bin today for five dollars, so I'll be watching it tonight on my new television!

Homer

Hyper Poster
I Am Legend

The most WTF movie I've seen ever. I'll list the reasons, but

SPOILER ALERT!

1. Why do all of the mutants look like John Goodman or the dad from the show Roseanne?

2. The usage of Deus ex Machina, how did the mom and kid get on Manhattan Island if they drove from Baltimore and all of the bridges/tunnels connecting Manhattan were bombed?

3. The second best part of the movie was the Dark Knight trailer. Surprised Heath Ledger is decent as Joker.

That aside, if you like zombie thrillers, I Am Legend is worth watching when it is on TV.

Ben

CF Legend
^Isn't 28 Days Later just a rip-off of countless other Zombie movies?

The last new movie I watched was The Simpsons Movie. It's OK. Just plain average comedy. It had some very funny moments, but they weren't consistent. It wasn't the funniest the show has ever been by any means, but it is better then the recent crap they've been doing in episodes.

. The second best part of the movie was the Dark Knight trailer. Surprised Heath Ledger is decent as Joker.

I saw that trailer before the movie as well, and it looks really good. The Joker looks frickin wicked! Do you have to have seen the rest of the Batman movies in order to understand this one?

I agree with you about watching it when it's on DVD or television, because yeah, ten bucks for the ticket and an optional six bucks for popcorn, meh, not really worth it when I can get the movie from a video store for five bucks, and popcorn for a dollar.

I'm beginning to sound like I hate it though, which I don't. It was decent, but the reviews when it first came out make it sound much better than it was.

The last new movie I watched was The Simpsons Movie. It's OK. Just plain average comedy. It had some very funny moments, but they weren't consistent. It wasn't the funniest the show has ever been by any means, but it is better then the recent crap they've been doing in episodes.

I like the Simpsons Movie. I watched it in theatres, and I got it for Christmas, and it's decent. It's not way too long, so it doesn't bore you to death, and there are some funny parts. It's pretty decent in my opinion.

Alpha Dog

Certainly not my kind of movie at all, but like I said in a previous post, my dad said to give it a watch because it's good, so I found it by chance in a bargain bin for five bucks. I really wasn't disappointed by it though, because for not being my type of movie, it was intriguing. The beginning confused me a bit and there were a lot of characters, but once I began to figure out who was who, I was good with it.

As for the ending, hmm, I knew what was going to happen because my dad spoiled it, but even so, I didn't want the kid to die. Geez, he was with people who he thought were his friends, and who he had partied with, and they go tape him up and kill him! It was so sad, and it's upsetting that it's based on a true story. Also, the kid in the movie was cute.

I'd give it a 7/10.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I watched Talladega Nights last night. I was kind of looking forward to it being a Nascar fan and all. Overall the thing was ok, but nothing more then average. I enjoyed the cameos and laughed for a lot of things, but it didn't have the kind of quotable value that I'd expect from really good comedy movies like Airplane. As far as mindless comedies go, it was pretty mindless. Still, I did laugh in a lot of places, so I guess that's worth something.
6/10

Dave

CF Legend
^ I bought that film with good expectations and was dissapointed, the jokes were dragged out and were too OTT for my liking. Maybe its because im not a NASCAR fan, but they just seem to lack the great comedy that Anchorman had.

Talladega Nights, hmm. I've always thought it looked rather stupid, so I never really bothered to watch it. I didn't hear very good reviews regarding it either when it first came out.

I enjoyed the cameos and laughed for a lot of things, but it didn't have the kind of quotable value that I'd expect from really good comedy movies like Airplane.

Airplane! Wow that movie is a classic. It's so ridiculously stupid, as is the second one, but they're so hilarious.

I think I'll be watching Caddyshack today though, haven't watched it yet.

Ollie

CF Legend
Well Yesterday I went to see 'Alvin and the Chipmonks'
As I used to like the cartoon that the film is based around I was already looking forward for the release of this film.
It starts off well with them singing 'If you have a bad day' which sets the genre of the film.
The film follows the three chipmonks Alvin, Simon and Theadore as they rise to fame.

9/10. :D