What's new

"Now Showing"

Tom

Hyper Poster
This is a musicals like LFTL's...

We Will Rock You

This is a story with all the greatest hits by Queen. It is incredible and it blows you away! They are brilliant singers and incredible dancers!

The plot is so stupid it's funny, but that's not the point! It's the only way to link the songs together. Eg 'Consign this miserable creature to the Seven Seas of Rhye' and 'My name is Galilleo Figaro, and this is Scaramouche!' and 'We are the Bohemiuns!'

Just a fantastic show! 10/10

^That 2nd paragraph is why no one can trust your opinion.. on ANYTHING..

Haha, well read the books and you'll see that they're soo sick! They're girly but, what do you expect? I am a girl, after all :p .

Nah.. there wasn't overbearing action. I got more scares then 'oh my giddy-aunt.. whoop some ass'. It told a good story IMO.

Alright, that's good then. I'm looking forward to seeing it, so yeah, glad it isn't all action based.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I watched The Holiday yesterday and my god what a load of crap.
I saw that on a flight to L.A and it was the worth the watch, probably because there was nothing else interesting being shown. But thinking back, I can't really remember what else there was actually.

2008 is gonna be an awesome year for movies for me though!
I'm looking forward to Cloverfield (1-18-08) most. I love Lost, and I'm expecting this to be pretty big. Although, the trailer was a bit silly at the end with the statue of liberty head; it was the size of the width of a two lane road!

Still it looks awesome!

I'll probably also see The Dark Knight too. I loved Batman Begins, so I'm looking forward to seeing this too.

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^That 2nd paragraph is why no one can trust your opinion.. on ANYTHING..

Haha, well read the books and you'll see that they're soo sick! They're girly but, what do you expect? I am a girl, after all :p .

You are??

Couldn't tell... :lol:

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I saw Bourne Ultimatum two days ago and its great. Action all the way through. I would give it an 8.5/10.

I watched Transformers yesterday and I think that is the best film of 2007. I was expecting a kiddy film, but it was quite action packed really. I would give it 9/10.

peep

CF Legend
On saturday I went to see Enchanted. Yeah I went to the World premiere of the film but I wanted to see it again. It is very, very rare that on the second viewing of a film for me that I come out loving it even more, but it did happen. I love this film, Amy Adams is brilliant, the effects/animation are fantastic and the songs are so catchy I even have the soundtrack on CD. The only thing I can say that is bad about it is that its too fast at some points you want the film to slow down. I think thats the first time thats ever happened in a film, ususally you want scenes to speed up, if anything. I think my favorite part of the movie is when Giselle is talking to the little girl about trying to get a fairy godmother to get her ready for a ball and the girl reacts by getting out her dad's emergency credit card, I was laughing for ages about that.
Rating: 4/5

Last night I watched Phantom of the Opera on DVD. I think this is probably the best stage to screen adaption ever. It doesn't feel like its all part of a theatre set it feels so much more real and detailed, its incredible. The performances are brilliant and its so strange to think Gerald Butler (the phantom) played the main role in 300 ealier in the year, such a different role. Anyway you just have to love the music, its so exciting and emotional.
Rating: 4/5

So, I saw I Am Legend today, and I have mixed feelings about it. The few bits of humour were good, and there were a few moments where I was on the edge of my seat, but without giving too much away, I thought the ending was kinda cheap.

I'll give it a 7/10.

Yeah.. cheap.. you make me laugh Taylor.

Just because I didn't like the movie as much as you did, doesn't mean you have to get snotty :p

Anyway, I don't know if cheap is the best way to put it. I just felt like I was getting into the movie, because the climax had just taken place, only to have the movie end so abruptly. It sort of pissed me off, to be honest.

To put it simply, I had high expectations for it, and it didn't meet them. It wasn't a bad movie at all though, and Will Smith is awesome, but the end just ruined it for me.

Snoo

The Legend
Oo no.. I respect how you feel.. no one will feel the same.. just to call that type of ending cheap makes you look.. well.. retarded.

I, with you, expected more from the ending.. but to have that type of ending is something I'm sure we all wanted in the first place.

Oo no.. I respect how you feel.. no one will feel the same.. just to call that type of ending cheap makes you look.. well.. retarded.

Yeah, like I said, cheap wasn't exactly the right word to use. It was more like I felt as though I was robbed of a decent ending. Kind of like when there's a movie, and then the character wakes up and it was all a dream. You know, that sorta thing.

but to have that type of ending is something I'm sure we all wanted in the first place.

Not really. Some of the movie was rather depressing, and I didn't really want an outcome like that. However, it was a change from the happy endings we usually see today so I guess that was okay.

By the way, did you cry (actually that's kind of a silly quesiton since I can't see you crying, but oh well), at that one sad part? That was so depressing :p

Okay so, another review before I have to go and work on more projects (that's why I haven't posted like, all week). We're half way through Tuskegee Airmen in history, which is a true story about black people who fought not only in the war, but they had to fight against racism as well. It's not bad, but we've watched soo many of those types of movies in that class that they all seem to be exactly the same.

6/10

Snoo

The Legend
You don't want that outcome? Taylor.. your crazy.. :lol:

I bet you wished all the creatures woulda turned pink, started shooting bubbles out of their fingers, and sang a song. Perfect for you!!

Saw Balls of Fury... thought it would be better.. 6/10

You don't want that outcome? Taylor.. your crazy.. [/quote

No haha (SPOILER):

I don't think many people want the main character to be killed! He should've just hid with the lady and the kid in the thing, then toss the grenade, and quickly shut the door.

I bet you wished all the creatures woulda turned pink, started shooting bubbles out of their fingers, and sang a song. Perfect for you!!

For sure!

No, I just didn't like the way it ended. Way too abrupt.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I went to see Enchanted at the cinemas on wednesday.

I'll just put it shortly by saying wow... that is seriously one of the best films I've seen in ages. Absolutely loved it.

9/10

Rach

Giga Poster
Just got back from seeing St Trinians.

Very good, suitable for anyone theres plenty of girls in next to nothing for the lads and the general girly stuff for the girls.

10/10

nadroJ

CF Legend
Ditto Rach, saw it St.Trinians yesterday and absolutely loved it, much much much better than the newspaper reviews made it out to be. 9/10.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
Watched Black Xmas and Hostel: Part II at a friends house last night..

Black Xmas was pretty good. It confused me though because everyone looked the same and then I lost track of who was dead and who wasn't. In fact, the whole film was just a bit too confusing for me, but I'll get over it. Some bits were just ridiculous, but the majority of it was decent.

I'll give it 6.5/10.

Hostel: Part II was just a stupid film. The first hour or so was just really boring, nothing exciting happened and I was waiting for something interesting to happen. Unfortunately, when something interesting did happen it was effing disgusting and I was like woah. I didn't bat an eyelid watching the first one, but this one was too graphic in my opinion, and just plain weird.

4/10.