scan

Mega Poster
The Bourne series are better than the books

Sweeney todd lokk very good

Released January 25th in the UK

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=L_hgrfZVlJA[/youtube]

thx

Mega Poster
Here's some movies I've seen during the last month or so.

1408: Loved it, also seeing that it was just PG-13, I don't really like John Cusack and there were some minor things, which I would've changed, still really great. 9.2/10

We Own the Night: It was different from other crime/thrillers I've seen and interesting and good, until the end of the film which was predictable and a bit cheesy, still. 7.2/10

Det sjunde inseglet/The seventh seal: A black&white Swedish movie from the 1950's. It was a bit strange (in a good way) at times, interesting historical portraying, much symbolism and nice atmosphere. Really good film. Later on, noticed that it's in the imdb top100, deservs to be imo. 8.3/10

Collateral Damage: Noticed this had Schwarznegger in it, so decided to watch it on TV. It was boring, almost none 'good' one-liners and it was predictable pretty much for an hour, however the last about 35 minutes we're quite good actually and left a pleasent impression of me, and there was even some surprising details. 5.3/10. Without the end it would've been 3.5/10.

The Butterfly Effect: Interesting and well-made, also it was nice to see some other teen-movie faces than the usual ones. Ashton Kutcher being one of them and he acted quite good actually. The movie was a bit thought provoking and disturbing at times, and felt long, which was good. 8.5/10

The Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind: Yet another 'interesting' :lol: movie. The plot was cool, however at a few times I think I went off-track for a while and am not still quite sure about some scenes, but yeah. It was a bit surreal and dreamy at times, which I appreciate, it was also greatly directed/'cut' and touchy. The movie reminded me of modern art museums. Enjoyed it. 8.8/10

Full Metal Jacket: Good, but I prefer other Kubrick movies more, but this was still a nice 'portray' of the army and of war, with some good points etc. Also it didn't bore me like most war-movies do, there was also a deep atmosphere in here, which is always good in my book. 7.7/10

Not whole, but too much of 'Nemesis 3'
:lol: That was total utter-tainted buttersmeared crap. Annoying characters, bad acting, directing, painfully boring, low budget, didn't really make sense. ok, it was fun sometimes, because it was so bad, however not fun enough that you should watch it. 1/10

Ben

CF Legend
Se7en.

I watched it Summer '06 and hated it.

Saw it again last weekend, and loved it. Intense, dark, moody and brilliant. Loved the ending, although obviously, I knew what was coming.

And lust is still major forms of gross.

Maybe I'd like the maze more now... hmmm... doubt it.

Oo Ben how could you ever have dislike Se7en? I thought it was a very well thought out horror movie with some really gross deaths.

Was lust the one with the prostitute? That one was just absoloutely sick and it made me cringe thinking about that death. Sloth was actually really scary too, and it made me jump when I thought the guy was dead and he started moving.

So yeah I quite like Se7en, one of the better horrors out there if you like more than just a Jason type slasher.

John91

Mega Poster
I watched the first Alien vs. Predator last night for the first time in 3 years. It was okay, was better than a lot of crap i have on my self, but far from the best. 6/10

Can't wait for AVP-R next week woot!!

nadroJ

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
So yeah I quite like Se7en, one of the better horrors out there if you like more than just a Jason type slasher.

Wouldn't call Se7en a horror movie, it's more of a thriller really. One of my favourite films though.

Now a really scary film that I saw recently was Silence of the Lambs. Parents had been on at me for ages to watch it and I finally did and I just found it great.

Oo Jordan, Silence of the Lambs is a good one! You should watch all three though. Well, there's four, but the three really good ones, being Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Red Dragon, I highly recommend. I have all of them and found all to be really good.

Mason Verger in Hannibal </3 Creepy.

nadroJ

CF Legend
There's one from before Silence of the Lambs called Manhunter too which is meant to be quite scary.

The Buffalo Bill guy in Silence of the Lambs is what creeps me out though, he's so slimy.

I want to watch the rest now :--D

There's one from before Silence of the Lambs called Manhunter too which is meant to be quite scary.

The Buffalo Bill guy in Silence of the Lambs is what creeps me out though, he's so slimy.

Oh yeah, forgot about Manhunter. I actually haven't seen that one.

Buffalo Bill really is nasty! Mason Verger is way worse though:

http://www.horrorphile.net/userimages/u ... 388707.jpg

I thought Hannibal Rising was better than the reviews said it was going to be. I recommend it, mostly because Gaspard Ulliel, the guy who plays Hannibal, is hot. The storyline isn't amazing but it's worth a watch.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Manhunter is a superb film, and Brian Cox is a the best Lecter (Lector - they changed the spelling for one of the films, I can't remember what the book is)!

However, it's made by Michael "Miami Vice" Mann, and is such an 80's film. It's aged really badly.

It does have an awesome soundtrack though, with some Shreikback's best work to date, and the almighty 15 minute version of Inagaddadavida! I may actually have to use <3 :lol:

Silence of the Lambs is still a better film really, but Manhunter is worth watching for the music, Brian Cox, the 80'sness of it and the tiger scene (another <3 coming up).

Other then to stare at the hot guy, do NOT watch Hannibal Rising EVER.

Well, it's not that bad. I mean, it did provide the audience what they were expecting, and that's to find out how his whole killing and cannibalism started. It certainly didn't live up to the rest of the Hannibal films, but it wasn't terrible.

Seriously though, that guy in the movie is so hot:

dd.jpg

gasp.jpg

YUM!

But Ollie, the hot guy kind of compensates for the lack of an amazing storyline!

It's kinda like going to see a movie because your favourite actor or actress is in it. He's not my favourite actor at all, but he still kept me interested in the movie as opposed to if it were an ugly guy playing the main role.

The boy in Death Sentence is cute too but he's not the main character.

Actually, you know who's the hottest of the hot? Taylor Handley. Mm, he was in Texas hainsaw Massacre: The Beginning. Actually looking at pics, he's kinda ruined and fugly now, but he was deffo hot in the film.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0359623/ ... ,%20Taylor

Back in the days of his good looking-ness.

Snoo

The Legend
Mr. Woodcock: 8.5/10.. funny throughout the movie, but wasn't a huge fan of the ending.

Good Luck Chuck: 10/10.. I thought it was hilarious. Quite graphically funny, but reminded me of the humor of Employee of the Month and Waiting.. which I loved quite a bit.

Ollie

CF Legend
Last night I decided to watch Cast Away again seeing as it was being shown on t.v.
Great film and the I almost cried the first time when he lost the football. (You'll only understand if you see the film).
Anyway the film is now in it's 8th year after release and it still gets a well deserved 7/10. :D

Oh man Ollie, Castaway is seriously such a sad movie. My only beef with it was that it's too long, and I don't normally have a problem with long movies, but Castaway did seem to drag on a little bit.

However, Wilson made me cry so much! That was pretty much the saddest part in a movie ever that doesn't involve death. Who knew a volleyball could make someone cry? :p

Ollie

CF Legend
^I thought it was a football? (soccer ball for all you americans) :p
I don't think the new one he gets at the end will ever make up for the love he had for Wilson. :lol:

Haha, football, volleyball, soccerball, baseball, basketball, it's all the same! Either way, it was a ball, lol, and it was pretty much the saddest thing ever.

Also I haven't seen it in like, six or seven years so that could explain me forgetting what type of ball he is.