What's new

"Now Showing"

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I'm just watching Season 4 of Family Guy!

I never realised how good Family Guy was! I've always been a Simpsons/Futurama fan, b ut this is really good stuff!

Cept the Disney jokes. They're not funny.

If it's anything like the story (and it should be faithful), there are worse things than bugs lurking in the mist....

Actually, I think bugs lurking in the mist is pretty horrible. Dunno how you can get too much worse than that, and I'm not even being sarcastic.

I watched Saw 4 after school today at the cinema, and I dunno, I can't really decide if I liked it or not. Like, the storyline was okay but the gore was a bit more tame (though there were still good bits of it, and a mausoleum, ah!), and there were many new characters introduced which made it sort of confusing for me.

Also SPOILER I don't get why Jigsaw is in the morgue at the beginning and then at the end he is back in the room where Saw 3 took place. And also, why was the guy from Saw 3 there, and just ended up getting shot?

I'd give the movie a 6/10 for now but I think I liked the other three a lot better.

Ben

CF Legend
Hostel Part II is possibly the worst film I've ever seen. It would have been fantastic if it was meant to be a comedy, but, alas, it failed.

Hostel Part II is possibly the worst film I've ever seen. It would have been fantastic if it was meant to be a comedy, but, alas, it failed.

LORNA THOUGH!

Yeah Hostel 2 was pretty lame, but not anywhere near as lame as Hills Have Eyes 2. That was just the most retarded sequel I have ever seen, and it was one of the only horror movies where I was excited for the characters to be killed because they sucked so bad.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Just out of interest, has anyone seen Daddy Day Camp, the sequel to Daddy Day Care, only this time Cuba Gooding Jr is in it.

Because on IMDB, it is ranked as the 2nd worst movie of all time, with an average rating of just 1.5!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462244/

Is it really that bad?

Ben

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:

LORNA THOUGH!

She was a ****ing see-you-next-tuesday. Like the rest of the cast.

Oh, but it was only the worst movie I'd seen for like, a day, cause yesterday I watched Click.

Oh dear...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Went to see Ratatouille yesterday because we had some free vouchers. It's actually quite good. I'd didn't think I would like it, but it was good. The animation is stunning and the attention to detail is awesome. I would recomend seeing it even if it's not what you'd usually watch.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Another massively in depth review from me.

I watched the Blu-Ray version of the remake of The Omen last night. I wish I hadn't... ;)

John91

Mega Poster
Saw a preview of 30 days of night last night. Not the best thing i've ever seen, but not the worst.
Did drag on a bit.
5/10

Saw a preview of 30 days of night last night. Not the best thing i've ever seen, but not the worst.
Did drag on a bit. 5/10

Just a preview? Or do you mean like, the entire movie?

I agree though, it did sort of drag on, but the end was the part I thought was really ridiculous.

SPOILERS

They obviously could have made it a few hours until the sun came up so I don't know why the one guy decided to turn himself into a vampire. It was sort of retarded.

Spoiler alert over

Anyway, in computer science and programming we had to watch Pirates of Silicon Valley which is the history of Apple and Microsoft I think. It was kind of boring, and the history of computers isn't something I'm particularly thrilled about by any means. We're almost done the film but not quite.

4.5/10 so far.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I rented 2 DVD's last night:

Die Hard 4: I didn't really get into it until a half hour into the film and at that point I really started liking it but I thought the ending was pretty **** and the last half hour was ****. I prefer the first 3 Die Hard films over this.

8/10

Black Xmas: God this is a weird film. I have never seen a character as weird or freaky as Agnes and I had a night-mare about her last night lol :p . Some of it was plain sick and some of it was just plain stupid.

7/10

Went to see Star Dust today in Cinema because there are such **** films out lately and the times of the films were so ****. It was better than expected especially for a childs film and some bits were a bit funny.

It was alright.

7/10

John91

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Did drag on a bit. 5/10

Just a preview? Or do you mean like, the entire movie?

I agree though, it did sort of drag on, but the end was the part I thought was really ridiculous.

SPOILERS

They obviously could have made it a few hours until the sun came up so I don't know why the one guy decided to turn himself into a vampire. It was sort of retarded.

Spoiler alert over

Anyway, in computer science and programming we had to watch Pirates of Silicon Valley which is the history of Apple and Microsoft I think. It was kind of boring, and the history of computers isn't something I'm particularly thrilled about by any means. We're almost done the film but not quite.

4.5/10 so far.

Yeah it was the whole film, i just tend to use the wrong word lol. I meant advance screening.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
Watched Halloween last night, at a friends sleepover. Hmm, I'm going to have to say I like the original better. I thought this one started off well, but just got really repetitive and crappy towards the end. Spoiler kind of? Horrors don't normally disturb me but I thought it was sick when he bludgeoned that lad to death with a branch when he was a child. It was too real and ****ing disgusting if I'm totally honest.

EDIT: Silly me, forgot to rate it... ermmm 6/10.

We were going to watch 1408 too, but we couldn't be arsed. :roll:

We were going to watch 1408 too, but we couldn't be arsed.

1408 is better than the remake of Halloween, in my opinion. Kind of missed out there, Ms. Emer! Not trying to make you feel bad about it or anything, haha.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ I've been following the making of that film, I adore the book, and i cannot wait for it.

I think the casting is spot on, and I really hope they pull it off and carry on making the triolgy. My only worry is some of the more easily offended Christians will see it as an attack on them, and it may not do as well as it should in the box offices. But at the same time, i dont want the story to be watered down.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
I'm not convinced with the casting yet, the girl playing Lyra doesn't appear to be acting at all and she carries a lot of the story. Will wait and see.

As for the anti-religious aspect, they've apparently toned it down for the first film, which they can probably get away with. It won't work for the subsequent films though! It's too deeply ingrained into the story.

peep

CF Legend
I have to say that I am rather looking forward to the Golden Compass, it is looking quite exciting. I kinda agree with you Slayed about that girls "acting", she seems a bit lame from the footage I've seen, although she can't be any worse than Dakota "I know how to scream and do it for a living" Fanning.

Anyways, last night I popped into London to watch Nightmare before Christmas in glorious Disney 3D.

I had never seen this cult classic before and have been meaning to for years, so I snapped up the chance to see it in 3D. In a way this could be a bad thing as I feel I would now be disappointed if I saw it in its normal form. I don't know if the 3D element adds a lot to this great film but there are some moments where it works beautifully, also makes the audience jump at points. I think the best thing about this film though is the music, its amazing, I now appriciate (sp?) Danny Elfman even more (if that is possible). The intro to the film is probably the best intro to a film I have ever seen and really gets you in the mood for the film. The story is quite good too and it amused me and kept me very entertained throughout the entire feature.

I now love this fun and very entertaining film, 4/5

Yay for 3D. I *will* see Beowulf in 3D IMAX!!

I've never understood Imax theatres. They're cool, but they're not exactly 3D.

Started watching Marty in English class today, which is an older film, made in 1955. I already know the plot because our class read the play, but yeah, it's a decent movie so far, and is a cute love story!

7/10 so far.