What's new

"Now Showing"

Slayed

Hyper Poster
WOOOOO yes, they just announced that Scotty in the new Star Trek film will be......Simon Pegg!!! :p.

Awesome casting. He must be in his little geek element :p.

peep

CF Legend
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy moley! I did not see that one coming, I know there was a lot of interest in who the rest of the cast will be for this film as Eric Bana being confirmed the other day was already a big shock and grabbed a lot of attention for the film.

Wow, this is really lining up to a big production now.

Also, after this weekend I should be able to give reviews on both Ratatioulle (sp?) and Stardust. 8)

I'm about two hours into the movie Anne Frank, which is an amazing movie so far. We're watching it in English class, and it depicts her character very well, which would be just an innocent everyday girl. It's a heartbreaking movie, really, and I'm eager to see the end of it. They've just been captured by the Gestapo at this point.

However, the thing that pisses me off about the whole situation is this disgusting fat cow who sits behind me and says all these snide remarks like the movie is funny. When Anne and her family were being taken, he laughed and said "haha you're going to die". I can't believe what idiots I share my school with.

I'd give the movie 8/10 so far.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Black Sheep

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZzZEUtdnqY

We went to see Black Sheep last night, and it was full of laughter and gore at the same time.
Not really sure if it was worth the ticket price(my hubby said waste of £24 for 3 of us to see it), bit of a budget film, but it did make you laugh.
Basically about designer sheep or genecticaly modified sheep, that goes wrong using human genes.
A eco warrior steals embro and gets bitten and then embryo gets loose amoungst other sheep and so on.
Sheep eat people, people eating anything mammal, sheep shagging,etc.
It was a bit dry in places and predicatable but wanted to see it as I just couldn't imagine vicious sheep having been bought up in a farming community and most of the year having sheep in the field behind your house, well curious.
I think the trailor was on another topic but couldn't find it, if I do will add later.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
I want to see Black Sheep, probably go this week!

Saw Ratatouille yesterday. It's the most mature film Pixar have done, could almost be a normal drama...if it wasn't for the talking rats :D.

Script is a bit suspect, and one of my mates found it boring (as did some of the kids around us).

However the animation is UNBELIEVABLE. It really is jaw-dropping if you know anything technically about CGI, and just plain gorgeous otherwise. The character work is first class as always.

With some fine tuning (and more humour) this could have been spot-on, but it's still worth watching, just not Pixar's best overall. Better than Cars though.

Maybe they'll get it just right with WALL-E...

peep

CF Legend
This weekend has been brill as I've got to see two great movies.

Yesterday I went to see Ratatouille.

It is such an amazing film, Pixar need a big pat on the back because its so origional, funny, emotional and exciting. The kids in the audience were bloody annoying (kicking seats, always walking round, on their mobiles!) but the film was so good that it was easily ignored. I love the fact our screening was in digital too, made the film look even more perfect.

Very enjoyable meal from Pixar, can't wait till Wall.E next year,
Rating: 4.5/5

Today I was very lucky (due to new job) to be able to go to the cast & crew screening of Stardust which is released in the UK next friday.

The film is very magical and its very enjoyable, with just the right amount of laughs, battle scenes and special effects. It has a good pace too which is great. The cast is amazing, all giving great performances, especially Robert de Niro (he plays an awesome pirate but has a very unsual secret), Michelle Phiffer (sp?)(she plays an amazing black magic witch), the new kid, Ricky Gervais (he was amusing) and Clare Danes. Overall it was just a very enjoyable, magical film which you should all go and see.

Rating: 4/5

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Peep, I HATE YOU!!!!

Digital Ratatouille AND cast & crew screening of Stardust???

Lucky, lucky, lucky ****!

I've fancied Michelle Pfeiffer for years :p.

Ollie

CF Legend
I went to see Stardust today a week before it comes out, and I thought that it was better than expected. It has great special effects and the cast is great. Ricky Gervais was great in it as well although he got killed. :D
But some of the plot was very predictable, and I managed to work out how it was going to end 10 minutes in. Also the final battle scene is amazing.
It's full of laughs, magic, exitement and some scary bits.
Overall I give it a well deserved 8/10. :)

We finished Anne Frank today and it was really good. It seems a bit slow for the first little while because they spent a lot of time just them in their hideout, and not enough time was spent showing them in Auschwitz, but overall I thought it was a great movie and I intend on reading the book.

So sad though, I still can't believe all of that happened.

8/10

Ollie

CF Legend
Yesterday I saw 'Bullet Boy'. It was better than I expected, and is quite gritty and is more like a documentary following a gang in London when they find a gun and ant revenge. :)

I saw 30 Days of Night today, which had a pretty promising concept but didn't really live up to my expectations. Being a vampire movie I can't say I was expecting much as I'm not into the whole zombie and vampire thing, but it was just an alright movie, nothing I'd go back to see, or will be rushing to buy. It had its moments, but overall it wasn't great.

At least the popcorn was great though.

I'd give the movie a 5/10.

Dave

CF Legend
I watched Crash (2005) and it was good in terms of cinematography but the content about racism was really in your face and really made me angry. Just really ignored storylines and pushed the theme in your face so much it irritated me.

6/10

peep

CF Legend
^^Wow, lovely review there. Although I fear I would feel the same way if I was to watch it.

Anyways, Peep has had a very busy time seeing as the BFI London Film Festival started on Wednesday.

On Thursday saw peep go to the UK premiere of Interview.

Interview is a film directed and starring Steve Buscemi, one of peep's favourite actors. It is based upon a film made in dutch in 2003 and the idea was to get an English language remake within a few years. The film also stars Sienna Miller who plays an actress who is getting interviewed by a very stressed interviewer (Buscemi) as he hates celebrities. Then an argument brews and some shouting happens and they end up in her apartment somehow. They reveal some secrets to each other and then there is quite a good twist at the end. Anyways it was quite enjoyable, considering there are only three locations within the whole film its surprising how the film doesn't feel slow and boring, yet keeps you interested and hanging onto the actors every word.

Rating: 3/5

Today saw Peep and his little sister go to the WORLD premiere of Enchanted (not released in the UK till December 4th).

The story of the film is that an animated princess comes into the real world (New York to be precise) by being tricked into a trap by her future step-mother. Her Prince has to come and try and rescue her from this strange world and some rather amusing stuff happens afterwards. Anyway it is an amazing film with a great musical score by Alan Menken. The songs are also very catchy (as we soon found out) and the effects are brilliant. The film is everything you would expect from a Disney film of epic proportions. The cast were also amazing and are a great addition to this magical fantasy film.

Great work Disney, Rating: 5/5

Unfortunatly that will be the last of my new film reviews for at least two weeks.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Ok what A-Kid didn't say it was the slowest film you could ever watch, it was boring and dragged out.

Basically it was a gladiator type film with the Spartans a group of 300 soldiors who had been groomed from birth to become warriors, taken from their mothers at the age of 7 and beaten and trained to be strong and fearless.
The 300 are men who have had male children so if they die there child would take there place in the family and become a warrior in his place.

The 300 then set off to fight the Persians who were 100's of thousands, and said they ruled the rest of the world.

Not going to tell the ending just in case someone want to watch it but it is gorey.

It was boring and will not watch it again so DVD will sit on shelf gathering dust. In fact it was so boring I fell asleep for 30 mins of the film and woke up to see the end and said are they dead yet!!

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Peep, please stop writing in the third person XD.

Clearly I need to move to London to get in on all the film action. Although you'd have to hog-tie me and drag me to see Enchanted, it looks like torture!

Don't see how 300 can be boring. Crap maybe (I quite liked it), but not boring, it's non-stop action mostly! Although I could have done without the fantasy elements.

Interesting reaction to Crash there Dave, a lot of people same to respond that way! Although I didn't find it annoying, maybe because I knew what to expect with it.

I saw Stardust today, I really enjoyed it! The acting's better than I expected, the dialogue is a bit arch but they mostly make it work. De Niro is fantastic! :D. It's a bit episodic (but then so is the book), but Gaiman's imagination still comes through. And if it does all come together too neatly, well it borders on being a fable, so it's allowed some slack!

peep

CF Legend
Slayed said:
Peep, please stop writing in the third person XD.

De Niro is fantastic! :D.

Lol :p I like writing in third person, it amuses me.

Yeah, De Niro is awesome, I added an entire star onto my rating just due to his scenes, especially the battle on the ship :p

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Coaster Ollie said:
That looked really good until you found out they were bugs. :lol:
Not only bugs, that's just what they're willing to reveal in the trailer :p.

If it's anything like the story (and it should be faithful), there are worse things than bugs lurking in the mist....