What's new

"Now Showing"

peep

CF Legend
Last night I went to see the sequel to the amazing Russian film Nightwatch called Daywatch. Yeah I know the title isn't exactly amazing but you begin to watch the film and all is forgiven.

Basically its about some centuries long battle which then a truce was called and thats how the nightwatch and daywatch was created, to basically make sure the other side wasn't going against the truce. But there are two special "ones", one on each side. If one of them spills the tiniest bit of blood from being hit by someone on the other side then all hell breaks loose and the truce is no more which causes the end of the world. It is down to the main character, Anton, to help prevent this from happening. Problem for Anton is though is that one of them is his son and one of them is beginning a relationship with him.

As with the first film the effects are absolutely phenominal (sp?) and the cast are amazing. If peeps are like "oh its Russian, it has subtitles I don't want to see it" well then those peeps need a huge slap. This film deals with subtitles in a really cool way, making them part of the imagery and giving particular words awesome effects, makes it even more interesting/easier to read/watch. The story at times was a bit weird but hey I'm not complaining about that, its just unusual because you wouldn't see it in your conventional Hollywood blockbuster.

Anyway I think this film is absolutely amazing, you all need to go and see it!!!

4/5

big john

Mega Poster
Lord Kotowa wrote:
Old Boy, which is a south korean film and it is amazing. Its a movie not for the faint hearted. If you love good plots then this is the ultimate film! I love it so much!

Agreed. It's a great movie. You should try "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance." It's by the same director and makes up the final part of his Vengeance Trilogy, Old Boy being the second part. I think it might just be called Lady Vengeance in the U.S.A/U.K though.

Being a massive fan of the jap/chinese/korean films i highly recomend the whole trilogy which is as follows

Sympathy for mr vengence
old boy
sympathy for lady vengence AKA lady vengence in uk

The three films really have nothing to do with each other but the theme to the directors vision was revenge so ye i recomend them all but old boy is by far the best

Also if you dont mind subtitles go for a bitter sweet life also thats a awsome film.

And if your more into no brainer american action films go for WAR or shoot em up there both totaly pointless films but highly enjoyable to pass the time.

I finally got to watch 1408! After a bunch of people told me it was really good, I was pretty excited to watch it, and I wasn't disappointed, and nor were my expectations exceeded. It was just about what I expected it to be. It was a pretty messed up, creepy movie, and the ending was a big sad, but it was good overall!

I'd rate it an 8/10.

Just so happens Aladdin is one of my least favourite Disney movies. I really disliked it. As for the older Disney films, it's all about Lion King and Snow White!

I call for a divorce due to our conflicting taste in children's films, Snoo!

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Just so happens Aladdin is one of my least favourite Disney movies. I really disliked it. As for the older Disney films, it's all about Lion King and Snow White!

I call for a divorce due to our conflicting taste in children's films, Snoo!

You, my friend, are an idiot.

:lol:

And you my friend have a thing for ugly Indians with poor sense of style, who like to fly on magic carpets :p

Honestly though, the reason I never really liked Aladdin was because I never liked the scenery in it. Disney reminds me of colourful things and castles and woodsy areas like in Snow White, not the type of dark scenery in Aladdin.

I haven't watched it since like, grade three though.

Pocahontas was another one I never really liked because of the scenery.

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:

And you my friend have a thing for ugly Indians with poor sense of style, who like to fly on magic carpets :p

Honestly though, the reason I never really liked Aladdin was because I never liked the scenery in it. Disney reminds me of colourful things and castles and woodsy areas like in Snow White, not the type of dark scenery in Aladdin.

I haven't watched it since like, grade three though.

Pocahontas was another one I never really liked because of the scenery.

Indians??

You are more retarded then I thought.

:lol:

peep

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
As for the older Disney films, it's all about Lion King and Snow White!

WTF??

The Lion King was released in 1994, two years after Aladdin which was only released 15 years ago. And as Snoo clearly pointed out earlier, it is a true classic and it should be loved by all.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's not THAT good, but after the very poor late 70's and 80's Disney experienced, Aladdin was the film which really got them back on track. It wasn't as girly as Beauty and the beast or Little Mermaid, and giving Robin Williams free reign meant that Disney showed a cool side and humour they'd never had before. The Lion King owes it all to the success of Aladdin.

If you want to talk about Disney car wrecks, look no further than Sleeping Beauty!

Erm, what have I watched recently? Casanova, the BBC dramatisation (not the Heath Ledger one) with David Tennant. I wasn't sure at first, but once the writing style settled a little, and you got into the swing of the humour of it, it was actually very good. Peter O'Toole was a little too creepy though, and the writing hung off in great fleshy chunks like rotting whale meat. Overall though, it was an enjoyable romp! :)

Indians??

You are more retarded then I thought.

Well doesn't he wear a turban, therefore, he's Indianish?

The Lion King was released in 1994, two years after Aladdin which was only released 15 years ago. And as Snoo clearly pointed out earlier, it is a true classic and it should be loved by all.c

Basically what I meant though, was before Pixar started coming out with things like Nemo, Monsters Inc and all of those movies.

If you want to talk about Disney car wrecks, look no further than Sleeping Beauty!

Sleeping Beauty was kind of messed. I liked it, not quite as much as Snow White and stuff, but it was good. The creepy part was when she was in like, a hypnosis and she went to pick her finger on the picker on the spinning wheel!

Fine then, I'll rephrase.

Snoo has a thing for ugly ARABIANS with poor sense of style, who like to fly on magic carpets.

Yay!

Also, I don't remember the dang songs since I haven't watched it in like seven or eight years.