What's new

"Now Showing"

Lainey1975

Roller Poster
let us know if it's any good coz I absolutely love Simon Pegg. Did you ever see him in a film called 'The Big Nothing'?
It was WELL funny :cheers:

Tony

Hyper Poster
I went to see Knocked up today which was pretty good but for a comedy way to long. It's a bit to drawn out at around 2hours 30mins. It was funny though and I enjoyed it but I did start feeling a bit bored at some points in the film but overall I enjoyed it.

8/10

I hope to see Disturbia and Superbad soon.

Ollie

CF Legend
Well I saw Run Fatboy Run yesterday and have to say it was the best film i've seen this year (except for Hot Fuzz).
Simon Pegg was brilliant as usuall, and it was hilarious to watch. It wasnt too long or too short, and it had no drawn out, or boring bits.
I give it a well deserved 10/10. :D

Lofty

CF Legend
I just watched Rob Zobies new film... a remake of the classic Halloween!

It was a great remake of halloween #1! Its a bit disgusting in parts but its also a really good film that maintains you on the edge of your seat all the way through!

8/10

Smithy

Strata Poster
^

Awesome. Will go see it when I'm back from Spain. Have you seen the original? How far does it stick to the storyline?

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah I have saw the original, nearly all of it really except obviously he has shown off abit with the things that he can do lol! Its very jumpy in bits! I love films like that haha!

peep

CF Legend
Last night I got to see Disturbia at the cinema.

It was an ok film, much more jumpy than I thought it would be. Its a film that has taken so many aspects from the Hitchcock classic, Rear Window. Now I absolutely LOVE rear Window but this film I dunno, I just didn't enjoy it. Maybe its because I read into all the hype before I went to see the film, who knows. I think instead of the bit at the beginning they should have just made it clear about the dad throughout the film, I think that would have worked better. Hmm, I won't disagree with the fact that the performances of the actors were great, you can really tell why Shia LaBeouf is becoming the next big thing.

Oh well, its a shame this one didn't live up its hype,

I give it a 3/5

peep

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting but last night I went to the cinema again. This time it was to see another very hyped film, Superbad.

My sister and my mum had seen it at the cinema the evening before giving very mixed reviews on it. My sister thought it was great whereas my mum was not too impressed, I think there should have been a longer gap inbetween the UK release dates of Knocked up and Superbad.

Oh well, I beg to differ with my mother. I think the film is hilarious and it just shocks me at how well written and acted it was. The whole audience was in fits of laughter over the cops, probably the best characters in the entire film. And for once I came out from the film with some quotes/moments that I loved an remembered:

"Oh sh*t its the cops!"- One of the drunk cops shouts

"I totally blew it didn't I?" - Seth
"No, you didn't" - Jules
Then he collapses and headbutts her.

Basically its fun and entertaining, mainly for teenagers though.
Rating: 4/5

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Haven't posted in here for ages. Here's a few I've seen recently:

Premonition. Crap. Total crap. 100% crap with no redeeming qualities.

The Reaping. I'd never heard of it, but decided to give it a go. It wasn't too bad I suppose. Worth a watch anyway.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. Nothing special, but it had its moments. Obviously a non-too-subtle message that it's ok to be a fag. Kind of wasted though, since the rednecks who need the message will never go to see a movie about fags anyway.

No Reservations BORING! I was expecting some fluffy comedy, and got some depressing, orphaned kid crap.

The Invasion One of the best movie I've seen for a while actually, which, as you can see from the list above, isn't saying much. A new take on the "bodysnatchers" type of movie.

Old Boy Uber-popular, 2003 Korean movie that I've only just got around to seeing. Some very sickening scenes, and the most F@CKING HELL!! ending I've seen in a long time. It's available on DVD in the U.S.A and U.K. Highly recommended.

Peep, I agree with you that the movie is quite hyped. Personally I think I liked Rear Window better as a whole, because it wasn't like, three quarters of a romance film and one quarter suspense, like Disturbia. Disturbia had the awesome suspense at the end, but that's like, it. They focused too much on the relationship in my opinion, but it was still a good film.

As for Superbad, well, <3. I can see why your mom was displeased with it though. I don't think grown adults are the target audience! My dad saw it as well and he laughed but he was kinda like, "uhh" at all the dirty things they were saying.

Gavin I saw the Reaping a long time ago and though I'm not usually into that whole paranormal-y type thing, I thought it was okay as well.

Okay okay anyway, we started watching The Lost Battalion and the thing I find the most problematic in these films is the amount of characters, all dressed up in the same oufits, therefore I find it hard to keep track of who is who and it gets confusing. Besides being somewhat confusing, it's decent. It definitely shows how awful the war was!

I'll give it a 5.5/10 so far, but we haven't finished it yet so I'll update like, tomorrow when we have finished it.

peep

CF Legend
gavin said:
Old Boy Uber-popular, 2003 Korean movie that I've only just got around to seeing. Some very sickening scenes, and the most F@CKING HELL!! ending I've seen in a long time. It's available on DVD in the U.S.A and U.K. Highly recommended.

I'm glad you liked it, all I hear is good reviews of it. Although its obviously not for everyone due to all the violence. I've seen a few tiny clips and I think that was enough to make me vomit lol. Still, I can't wait to see it, I can't believe how I've been 18 for months and yet I STILL havn't purchased it.

Hmm, looks like Tarentino's Death proof is on the cards tomorrow night :D wooptangacious

Lofty

CF Legend
I have only just watche Gothika lol! It was part of my course at college to watch it haha!

I actualy liked it, it had a very good twist at the end!

We finished The Lost Battalion today and the second half was better than the first in my opinion. Kinda figured out who was who, and the killing scenes were really crazy, even for someone like me who's not really into action like that.

I'd give it a 6/10 overall.

peep

CF Legend
Last night I went to see Tarantino's Death proof. Half of the very hyped Grindhouse.

It would have been great to have seen Grindhouse in one showing, but America was silly and didn't get the amazing concept so it failed at the US box office and now everyone else has to suffer and only get one portion of the Grindhouse experience. Luckily I've actually been to a real "Grindhouse" cinema to watch 4 films one after the other (which was awesome as it ended with live commentary of Hot Fuzz with cast and the director). I really loved the experience of being in the same screening to watch a few films one after another.

Oh well, I'm sure they will have a special screening after Planet terror is released at a London cinema.

Anyways back to the film I saw last night. I love Tarantinos work, his direction is cool, the dialogue is brilliantly written and the music he chooses for the soundtracks are always great and really add to the atmosphere of the movie. Death Proof is no exception of this and I really want to purchase the soundtrack now. If anything ruins the movie, it’s the Grindhouse "effect". The missing reels and that kinda works a little bit but I think it is over used within the film and then half way through it turns into some super HD movie and its like wtf? Although, tbh thats probably the effect Tarantino was aiming for. Apart from the effect it’s an awesome movie with great dialogue and characters. I really enjoyed this movie and I just cant see why in today’s metro newspaper (free London paper) the reviewer slagged it off, it’s almost as if he had some form of grudge against Tarantino. Anyway the movie probably has the best car chase sequence ever put on film and knowing that no CGI was used for the scene is just a cherry on top of a very large cake.

Great film which is very enjoyable (especially those who like their gore)...Rating: 4/5

Tony

Hyper Poster
Just went to see Chuck and Larry or whatever it's called, had alot of Vodka in it so I dont remember 3/4 of the film and i'm still drunk now so ignore my bad spelling. It seemed to be funny but I was laughing at everything like the Donegal girls behind us, they have such funny accents :lol: , and my friends were so funny. I dont even remember how the film ends, anyone want to remnd me? :p . Some bitch complained about us but they did nothing :p . It seemed funny from what I remember from the first 30minutes.

7/10

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
-lofty- said:
I just watched Rob Zobies new film... a remake of the classic Halloween!

I just watched that last night. I have to say I was pretty impressed. It managed to keep the creepiness of the original, but added a lot of gross out stuff. I love Rob Zombie's stuff (movies, not music) and this was no exception. In the original, we never really get to know why Michael Myers is so ****ed up. Zombie's version addresses this very, very well.

Bought a few films at a garage sale today (Sleepy Hollow, Rent, Sixth Sense and the Reaping), and decided to relax and watch one.

Sleepy Hollow was a good film, and I've always been intrigued by the looks of it for some reason. I was a bit confused here and there, but most of it came together for me in the end. Also, another awesome thing about the movie was the atmosphere. I love the whole dark, creepy, spooky atmosphere in the film, I thought it was great. Some of the graphics were pretty stupid looking but really, I didn't let that detract from the film as a whole.

I'd give it a 7/10, which would probably have been higher, if I was able to follow the events easier without getting confused.