What's new

"Now Showing"

John91

Mega Poster
Managed to watch See no Evil, Hear no Evil last night. Very funny film. Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder at their best. 10/10

Managed to watch See no Evil, Hear no Evil last night. Very funny film. Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder at their best. 10/10

Yay for that film! The best part is clearly "fuzzy wuzzy was a woman". I think there's only a few other instances where I've laughed so hard in a film.

Anyway, I watched The Hills Have Eyes 2 yesterday, and seeing as I liked the first one, I had decent expectations for the second one, but it didn't live up. I mean, first of all, the first one at least had cool looking mutants, whereas in this one they all looked the same. And as for the killings? Well, they were so unoriginal, and the people were killed in just a few seconds, and then it went to the next scene. With the characters, I actually wanted most of them to be killed because they were all crappy actors who portrayed idiots in the movie.

So basically, I feel bad that I made my stepdad pay money to rent this.

First one > Second one

I'd give it like, 3/10.

John91

Mega Poster
Bought Harold and Kumar Get the Munchies/Go to White Castle. Seriously funny, and adresses problems in society in a humerous way. Top Class film. 10/10

peep

CF Legend
Saw Knocked up last night.

I went thinking it would be ok, but not amazing, as I've tried to stray away from all the hype for this film. I have to say though that this could be the funniest film this year, although it faces tough competition from Superbad (can't wait!) which is made by the same peeps. Its been an extremley long time since I've heard an entire cinema audience laugh the entire way throughout the film too. The pace of the film is just right and I think thats what makes it work, the timing of the jokes are just perfect and you never feel like the writers struggled to finish writing the story (unlike a certain Simpsons movie). I would recomend to anyone.

Rating: 4.5/5

I saw Blades of Glory last night, and I've heard some mixed reviews about it, and I know it's meant to be a silly movie, so I didn't watch it expecting some kind of awesome award winner by any means.

The movie itself was decent, with a few really funny moments, a few funny moment, and a few moments that were meant to be funny but weren't. So basically, it was a decent movie but nothing spectacular.

However, Jon Heder <3

I'd rate it probably like a 6.5/10.

Ben

CF Legend
High School Musical 2 is tacky toss, but it's as good as could be expected.

The thing I have to say, is how amazing is Ashley Tisdale? I officially want to be her. Not only does she strut around with a dog in her purse, she has a pink convertible, Paris' sunglasses and Jimmy Choo flip-flops.

She made it like, the best film ever.

Oh, and I don't know who Zac is ever trying to convince when he plays romantic leaders opposite women, when it's so utterly clear that he's a big flaming mo.

Dom

Roller Poster
I saw The Bourne Ultimatum two nights ago, I liked it, but I didn't think it was that special. Fab ending, but the camera (!?) really pissed me off, the way so much of it is shaky and rocks around the screen to add effect, but it didn't work for me.

Probably a 7

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
Ben said:
High School Musical 2 is tacky toss, but it's as good as could be expected.

The thing I have to say, is how amazing is Ashley Tisdale? I officially want to be her. Not only does she strut around with a dog in her purse, she has a pink convertible, Paris' sunglasses and Jimmy Choo flip-flops.

She made it like, the best film ever.

Oh, and I don't know who Zac is ever trying to convince when he plays romantic leaders opposite women, when it's so utterly clear that he's a big flaming mo.

HSM 2 is amazing! Tisdale's voice is wayyy better in this one, the songs are better, but it's pretty much the same storyline. Vanessa Anne Hudgens is boring to watch, but I like Lucas Grabeel in this one a lot more. Zac, well he's just fit.

Anyway, I'd give it a 7.5/10.

Ben

CF Legend
Emmmerrrr said:
HSM 2 is amazing! Tisdale's voice is wayyy better in this one, the songs are better, but it's pretty much the same storyline. Vanessa Anne Hudgens is boring to watch, but I like Lucas Grabeel in this one a lot more. Zac, well he's just fit.

Anyway, I'd give it a 7.5/10.

Vanessa is proper dull, I really don't think Zac should get with her, she's just annoying and burdenous. Why not get with the attractive, fun, rich one? Stupid.

And the songs are rubbish! The only decent one is Fabulous, while in the first one there's a fair few songs that are great, like Ashley's version of What I've Been Looking For, and Stick To The Status Quo.

Oh God...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Watched Premonition the other night with Madame_Furie. It's Sandra Bollocks at her finest I'm sure, but even then it was still several thousand percent below par :)

Anyway, rubbish film that tried to get away with it by being clever, only it was stupid, so didn't even pull that off. Avoid like MrClam! :p

peep

CF Legend
Last night I went to see Mike White's (School of rock/nacho Libre writer) Year of the dog.

Its an ok film, was a little bit slow, not for everyone either. Basically the film centralises around a 40 something woman whos love of her life is her dog, which dies. She is deverstated and her life falls apart so her friend at work encourages her to go on a few dates and then more stuff follows.

The performances are good, but I think it was the story as a whole that lets it down. John C. Reilley I thought was out of place, almost as if they tried to make the film amusing by adding him. This idea of it becoming more funny by adding him to the cast kinda fails even though he gives the audience a few laughs.

I suppose its good if you just want to chill out on a Sunday. The film had a tiny UK release which I think has lasted an amazing one week.

Rating: 3/5

John91

Mega Poster
Saw Disturbia on Weds at an advance screening (Good ol' tesco). Really good film, thought it was superb. I'd hate to be on house arrest like that lol.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I saw Wild Hogs the other night and I was very disapointed. It did have some very funny bits but there was'nt many of them and I thought the story was **** and the overall film was'nt that good.

5/10

Saw Disturbia on Weds at an advance screening (Good ol' tesco). Really good film, thought it was superb. I'd hate to be on house arrest like that lol.

I can't believe you guys are just getting that in theatres. We had it in theatres last November, and it came out last month on DVD.

I've watched it twice and I agree, it's a great film. The first time watching it is better though because it's all fresh and the suspense is quite good.

I know it was an updated version of Hitchcock's Rear Window, but I think I liked them both equally (actually maybe I preferred Rear Window by a smidgeon, but whatever).

Watched Premonition the other night with Madame_Furie...

Was it confusing? I heard it was.

I saw Wild Hogs the other night and I was very disapointed.

Yeah it didn't really live up to my expectations either </3

Ben

CF Legend
Premonition is toss, we watched it in Turkey and there was just no point to it.

Jake 'n' I went to see 1408 yesterday and it was really good. It was a nice mix of jumpy, gross and creepy.

Cars was the movie I chose to watch last night since we borrowed it from my stepdad's parents, and I have to say, compared to the other Pixar movies such as Monsters Inc, Nemo and Toy Story (my personal favourites), it was a disappointment.

It just seemed to me that the storyline kind of sucked. I mean, it showed the meaning of friendship and so on, but it really just didn't appeal to me.

Tow Mater though, is awesome.

I'd give the movie a 6/10, because I was quite disappointed and expect more from Pixar.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I saw Disturbia yesterday, and it was quite good, except it took nearly an hour to actually get to the horror/thrilling scenes.

It was still pretty good though, with some awesome scenes.

peep

CF Legend
Last night I went to see Atonement. Which is based on the novel of the same name written by Ian McEwan.

I have to say firstly that this is probably the best film this year!

The film has been directed brilliantly and the performances were excellent. About half way through the film you really want to kill the little girl for what she has done because her performance is so real. I hope we get to see her perform in other films as, unlike a certain Dakota Fanning, she doesn't have to rely on screaming forever throughout the film, she can actually give a really good acting performance. The ending is extremley emotional (wont given anymore away) and is very clever, the film as a whole plays with the audience's emotions like a puppet on a string and the ending is the best example of that.

Anyway i advise everyone to go and see it as its just brilliant.

5/5 (wow, never thought I would give a film that rating!)

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Went to a special screening of SuperBad at the Cineworld in Birmingham tonight thanks to Galaxy. It is the funniest film i have seen this year, there is alot of dirty humour in it but it is very funny. i would reccomend it to any one.
5/5