What's new

"Now Showing"

Really moving movie, and I did get slightly pissed when other people were making dumb jokes about random stuff. But all that aside I thought it was a great movie, and it shows how cruel humans can be. Don Cheadle played main character Paul, and he delivered flawlessly.

9/10

That was a pretty sad movie.. We watched it in grade ten history I believe. Actually we watched a lot of good movies in that class, but Hotel Rwanda was probably the most horrific. It's even crazier to think about how recent it was.

Homer

Hyper Poster
TRANSFORMERS 2: RETURN OF MEGAN FOX

While I'm normally a sucker for Michael Baysplosions, I honestly couldn't really comprehend the plot of this movie or what the heck is going on. Megan Fox is still dat ass, Shia LeBouf continues his stuttering acting career, Robot battles were cool but that's all you can say. Frankly, I still think the first one was better even though I'm glad there was more robots in this movie.

2.5/5

Dear John

Thought the trailer looked cute but wasn't rushing to see it, but, my cousin WAS actually rushing, and she called me today telling me I had to come with her and some friends to see it, so I did. The movie itself was definitely good, but not an award winner by any means though I think my cousin and her friends were more apt to think so because of Channing Tatum, who is definitely hot but can't make this movie "excellent". The thing I felt was lacking was that the relationship progressed too fast almost to the point where I couldn't really care about the characters too much, because there are points in the film I thought "if they developed the people more, I'd definitely be crying right now", for example.

SPOILERS

The relationship between John and Savannah was based on two weeks spent together in the summer. Okay, I guess I can believe they get that close in such a short timespan, but the whole love at first sight thing is sort of cliche to me. Their chemistry was good though, despite what a lot of other reviewers said. Unfortunately I just couldn't feel all too bad for John when Savannah said she found someone else as he was on duty.. Did he honestly expect her to wait two years for him to come back? The thing that got me the most though, was the relationship between John and his dad, which seemed to be the relationship that they focused, or developed more upon. The scene before the dad dies is definitely one of the most sad, touching scenes in a movie that I have seen for a very long time, in fact it was actually a beautiful moment between the characters.

SPOILERS OVER

So I expect this to get a lot of fans, much like the Notebook did, but overall it was an above average chick flick to me. Nothing extra spectacular, good looking main characters, and your standard happy, sad, sadder, happy again kind of plotline.

7/10

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
At the end of the spoiler put [/color]. That way people can choose to see the spoiler or not & it makes it easier to read the post without seeing the spoiler.

Color is incorrect for it is not the Canadian spellign version, which deeply upsets me.

But seriously, next time I'm just posting my nice big, bold SPOILER, and hopefully people are smart enough to be able to see that an avoid the following paragraph. And also, I highly doubt anyone on here will be going to see "Dear John".

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not going to use Canadian spelling any more than I'm going to start saying aboot or anywho, so you just going to have to get upset. :p
And whiting out spoilers is just common courtesy & I know you are courteous, so I'm a bit surprised at your reaction. Besides the post looks much more interesting with the spoiler hidden.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ah but Jerry, it also happens to be the correct English spelling. Another plus point for Canada then, who obviously read the instruction manual that is the Oxford English Dictionary, before attempting civilisation.

Silly America :roll:

For my views on this matter: see Razorlight ;)

Lain

Giga Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
At the end of the spoiler put [/color]. That way people can choose to see the spoiler or not & it makes it easier to read the post without seeing the spoiler.

An even better option is to put [spoiler ] tags around the text,
like this.

I'm not going to use Canadian spelling any more than I'm going to start saying aboot or anywho, so you just going to have to get upset.
And whiting out spoilers is just common courtesy & I know you are courteous, so I'm a bit surprised at your reaction. Besides the post looks much more interesting with the spoiler hidden.

I was kinda joking though, I just thought the bold words were a fair enough warning :p .

And yes, I am courteous. Like the old saying goes, "you know you're Canadian when someone steps on your foot and you apologize" :p . Us Canadians, always polite.. Gotta love us <3

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Lain said:
An even better option is to put [spoiler ] tags around the text,
like this.
Quite right. Never written a spoiler before & seen where someone had used the tag for theirs, so went with that. :oops:

And I'm well aware of the 'correct' English spelling Neal, which is only another reason you won't see me using it. :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Watched Wall.E earlier and currently watching Wallace and Gromit:Curse of the Were-Rabbit...

Both excellent top notch films for their own reasons...

I still need to see Up, but Wall.E is by far my fave Pixar film... And the most beautiful...

Plus Wall.E has Presto, the best Pixar short (also in my own opinion)... As well as Burn.E, which I watched for the first time as well, it is also win...

Dave

CF Legend
I watched Clue earlier today

Was such an amusing film, with eccentric peformances from the cast, most in particular Tim Curry, loved towards the end the frantic description! I couldn't help notice Yvette's jigging juggs throughout the film, then saw the film was a PG and sighed...

But a great film to switch off to and enjoy! Love the three endings.

7/10

I still need to see Up, but Wall.E is by far my fave Pixar film... And the most beautiful...

I dunno, both films got better reviews than I thought they deserved. Wall-E was cute and it made me tear up, but it still wasn't what I'd consider an amazing film. Different, cute, but not amazing. Up was SO sad, I cried so much, and I was just depressed through pretty much the whole thing because of the beginning :p . But the movie wasn't as funny as people made it out to be, except Kevin the bird, who is amazing.

Monsters Inc remains my favourite Pixar, and the only one that has come close to beating it has been Toy Story.

Ollie

CF Legend
Apocalypto:
Another 99p film from iTunes but only just got round to watching it. Quite enjoyed it. The first half hour was great but then if you think about it the rest of the film was just walking, and then running away. Although they make sure a lot of stuff happens to keep it interesting and it's all done for a reason.
There's some great shots in it as well and it's all pretty high quality.
So if you've got just over 2 hours to spare to watch a film then you should enjoy this although it may not be everyone's cup of tea.
7.5/10

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Last night I watched Die Hard 4.0 on Bluray.

I really love the first three Die Hard films. They're utter cheese but somehow endearing and entertaining to watch.

The plot in DH4.0 is the usual sort of nonsense with a more "modern edge." Cyber terrorists take control of state controlled departments and resources.

John McClain obviously manages to get caught in the middle of it all and (almost) single handedly saves the day.

Yes, he defeats the terrorists. Sorry if that's spoilt it for you but it's ****ing obvious he does. I knew he would before I put the disc in the player. It's about the journey.

And that's problem. The journey was utter pig ****. Yes, it's a Die Hard film - the sort of mindless action that I love - but it was full of deja vu - I had seen it all before.

It tried too hard to be grand without being outrageous. At times, some scenes were tongue n cheek but I found myself more drawn to messing about on my iPhone very 10 mins than hanging on to see what happens next.

In Ian's Does It Smell Of Wee Scale, it's the little droplets of wee that sting your bellend after tucking your cock neatly back in your pants.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I watched The Hangover yesturday and it was good. End of. Cba to write an essay. Thats what IMDB is for.

8/10.

peep

CF Legend
Ian said:
In Ian's Does It Smell Of Wee Scale, it's the little droplets of wee that sting your bellend after tucking your cock neatly back in your pants.

LOLz. That made my day.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Ian:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15229_5- ... an-do.html

I read this before I watched the movie (well, seeing as you work with the stuff, you probably know it all already, but when pointed out beforehand ift becomes a lot more obvious), and after that, the film didn't make any sense at all. Just like:
"What excuse can we use for blowing stuff up this time?"
"Hmm... we need to check the database for plots we've in Hollywood used the past five years. After that, I'll check foreign films and snag a plot from there"
*two minutes*
"Gah! The Internet is down! What can we... no, wait, no need to. I got it"