What's new

"Now Showing"

RCF

Strata Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W1dhqc-JBs[/youtube]

Adaptation of Nickelodeon's "Avatar: The Last Airbender" which follows the adventures of the successor to a long line of Avatars who must put aside his irresponsible ways and stop the Fire Nation from enslaving the Water, Earth and Air nations.
The studios have dropped "Avatar" from the title to avoid confusion with James Cameron's "Avatar."

Looks kind of interesting. May go see it as the cartoon's not so bad.

Ollie

CF Legend
Just seen Saw VI again on the PS3. Still as good as it was in the cinema and it's easily the best Saw film since the second one. The traps are great, the gore is disgusting and the characters are evolving more than ever. The film answers a lot of questions as the plot gets a lot more interesting. The new director really knows how to please Saw fans as before he made the film he asked people what they wanted to see as Saw 4 and 5 were quite boring compared to the others. The ending of this one is great and now I can't wait till October to see the next instalment. Also saw a section after the credits that I missed at the cinema as I didn't know it was there.
But yeah it's certainly shown that Saw is getting back to how great it used to be and that it can still satisfy fans. :)
8/10

kimahri

CF Legend
RollerCoasterFanatic said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W1dhqc-JBs[/youtube]

Adaptation of Nickelodeon's "Avatar: The Last Airbender" which follows the adventures of the successor to a long line of Avatars who must put aside his irresponsible ways and stop the Fire Nation from enslaving the Water, Earth and Air nations.
The studios have dropped "Avatar" from the title to avoid confusion with James Cameron's "Avatar."

Looks kind of interesting. May go see it as the cartoon's not so bad.

I quite enjoyed the cartoon as well although, I am slightly skeptical about this. Guess I'll just have to wait and see though.

peep

CF Legend
Saw Precious at the cinema this evening.

Absolutely amazing film. Sometimes the direction is a bit weird and not cut very well but it doesn't matter, the performances by all the actors (even Mariah Carey!) are absolutely stunning. The film is quite depressing but has some amusing moments thanks to the main character's class mates. If you get a chance to see it I really do recommend you see it.

Rating: 4.5/5

Saw 6

Yay, one of my favourite ones so far! I still like one and two the best I think but this might even be up there with two. The gore in this one is great, the traps were pretty brutal (the last one was disgusting) and I liked the premise of the whole "choose who lives or dies" thing with the insurance broker. It wrapped some things up pretty nicely, I'd say.

8/10

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I watched Triangle last night.

Hmmm, I wanted to like it, but it bored me **** less unfortunately. Some nice ideas in there I suppose, and it was pretty atmospheric and well-acted.

Meh.

Well.. Shortest movie ever.. Not as good as people were saying, but still good. It just seemed like a bunch of little dudes trying to escape the machine and getting their souls sucked out the entire time. But, it kept me entertained and it did make me sad, especially when 5 died </3

6.9/10

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
Just saw The Pelican Brief with Denzel Washington and Julia Roberts. It was an okay movie, I felt the book was much, much better.

Good acting by the leads, but overall it was short bursts of momentum punctuated by loooong threads of boredom. Meh.

RCF

Strata Poster
Book of Eli

This was an OK movie. I was kind of confused but after the first fifteen minutes I pretty much figured out the plotline and was mostly right, although I did not expect it to be so closely related to religion. There were some pretty nice scenes where Denzel was just a complete BEAST (the gore was intense though and my mom squealed so loud everyone in the theater looked at us) like sticking machetes through throats and a guy got an arrow through his arse, but other than that not too bad. An average movie with an average rating.

6/10

peep

CF Legend
The Prestige

Amazing film. It does start off quite slow but the story really grows as it goes along and the twist and turns are intriguing and most of them are quite unpredictable. Also some great performances and brilliant direction.

Rating: 4/5

Wall.e

Yet another amazing Pixar film, the detail is absolutely fantastic and the story is original and entertaining. <3

Rating: 4.5/5

Lain

Giga Poster
Yeah^

I watched The Prestige the other night on the recommendation of Ploddish. Totally blew me away.

Also, it's Batman vs. Wolverine, so how could it not be awesome? :p

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:

Well.. Shortest movie ever.. Not as good as people were saying, but still good. It just seemed like a bunch of little dudes trying to escape the machine and getting their souls sucked out the entire time. But, it kept me entertained and it did make me sad, especially when 5 died </3

6.9/10

Spoiler much? I've seen it, but come on.

Matrix Revolutions

Yay for end of the series. I've seen it before, but figured I'd review it again. Action = epic. Actiong = meh.

7/10