What's new

"Now Showing"

peep

CF Legend
Just watched two great films on TV...

First was Pleasantville.

Such a great film, I just love the whole concept of going into an old TV program. The effects are great and it's given a whole extra level of awesomeness because of William H Macy :D

Rating: 4.5/5

Then I tuned into another channel and watched Robocop.

I think this was the first film that I ever saw which was rated over 15, I loved it then and I still love it. Yeah the effects have aged badly but it's still awesome, shame the sequels were terrible.

Rating: 4/5

nadroJ

CF Legend
Apparently it's a complete gorefest, and when audiences watched it at the film festivals, many people left the theatres in disgust and/or fainted/were sick.

peep

CF Legend
I watched Charlies Angels on TV earlier.

It has an awesome cast but it just fails miserably, not too sure why. Maybe the story just didn't captivate me or something, really not sure.

Hmm, rating: 2/5

Homer

Hyper Poster
Nostalgia review time.

The Brave Little Toaster

Holy crap, this movie had so much nightmare fuel. The AC blowing up, Toaster's nightmare... Honestly 17 years or so later since I've seen this, I still don't get this movie.

The voice acting and animation is still awesome though. But damn, why so much nightmare fuel Disney?

peep

CF Legend
Just watched Clerks II on DVD.

I think this film is so funny, I'm a bit of a fan of Kevin Smith films, the way he writes the scenes are so realistic and amusing, love it :p

EDIT: Watched Broken Arrow on TV last night.

A really good action flick. John Travolta was great as the bad guy and the film was directed really well. It was really strange as it just kinda ended but it worked really well. Very enjoyable film.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Watched Mr. Deeds last night.

Just a standard Adam Sandler movie. Funny at times, moderately good storyline, cheesy ending.

7/10

peep

CF Legend
^Urgh,I hate Adam Sandler so much, he just annoys me

Just watched The Devil wears Prada on DVD.

I absolutely love this film, Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep and Emily Blunt are excellent. Just a great film.

Rating: 4.5/5

wash

Mega Poster
Blade Runner
I'm going with Ben on this one. Interesting atmosphere, but crap storytelling. You know next to nothing about any of the characters and most of the action in the film (and there isn't much of it) is redundant.
6.5/10

Shawshank Redemption
One of the best films I've ever seen and big surprise even with its reputation. I can't think of a single way to improve it.
10/10

Goodfellas
"It was a glorious time."
10/10

Raging Bull
I'm not quite sure about this one. Portions of the movie were excellent, especially the last fight with Sugar Ray and the jail cell scene onward, but the first hour of the film seemed a bit off pacing wise and I found it hard to care about the characters. I'm not sure if that was actually the movie or if it was because I was really tired when I watched it. I'll probably see it again and then be able to make a final decision on it, but until then I'll leave it at 8/10.

3:10 to Yuma (2007)
Pretty good. My only major problem with it is that the Ben Wade character is too over the top and his decision to help Dan happens too fast and isn't very convincing.
8.5/10

*Edit*
Fargo (Knew I forgot one)
Overall a good movie, but it's a bit too funny to take the dramatic parts seriously.
8.5/10

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Moon

How wonderful it was to see an old style Sci Fi film! Sam Rockwell takes the film and runs with it to Jupiter and back, truly splendid acting. Clint Mansell scored, and didn't disappoint, check it out on Spotify. Duncan Jones, I'm looking out for more of your films, it was really truly splendid, and not too long, at a brief 97 minutes!

9/10

I decided the scariest thing ever is in fact not the Brave Little Toaster, but rather, Timmy the Tooth. I saw an advertisement on it before a movie I watched the other day and OMG.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I cannot wait for Avatar to come out:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGs3_1qKl34[/youtube]

I think I might go and see it in Imax for the first time. It looks so awesome!

peep

CF Legend
I am very intrigued by Avatar as I want to know what Cameron has concocted with his new 'revolutionary' way of film making. The teaser trailer does nothing for me, I WANT TO SEE FOOTAGE!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
It does have a lot to live up to. After all, it's been some 12 years or so in the pipeline, though technology wasn't advanced enough for the idea to go ahead.

It's the most expensive movie ever made, so obviously you must expect a lot from that, otherwise it's a waste of money.

But something tells me this will take you breathe away...