What's new

"Now Showing"

American Beauty

Finally decided to watch this.. I've had it for a while but I haven't ever taken the time to throw it in the DVD player. I TOTALLY regret not! It was such a weird/awesome movie and definitely one of my faves.

9/10

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
[War of the Worlds - Still really good. Just love the mass panic scenes

Also why you shouldn't be allowed to review films. WotW is one of the worst films I have ever seen. Seriously.

Also, Defiance not your kind of film? Action, story, awfull Polish accents and Nazis getting their arses kicked...how id that not your type of film?

Anyway, the new Transformers is crap, far too long, action not that good and took ages to get to each sequence. Also, how racist are those two robots that tag along everywhere with the bigger ones? Ah well, atleast Megan Fox was in it...

nadroJ

CF Legend
Went to Blockbuster and rented 4 films I've never seen before.

Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist
Another quirky Juno type of film, with that awkward kid from Superbad in it. It's quite cute and there are a few laughs but nothing you haven't seen before really. Very indie sort of thing, good soundtrack also (duh). 7/10

Religulous
I remember wanting to see this ages ago and I came across it in Blockbuster. It's basically a documentary courtesy of the guys who gave us Borat and Bruno with Bill Maher. He goes around to a lot of religious types (mostly Christian and Muslim) and asks them basically why do you believe in this and base your life around it, to which follows much humour etc. I really laughed at how easily confused most of the American Christians are, how ironic most of it is and how ridiculously contradictive practically everything in religion is. Watch it, it's good. 9/10

The Rocker
Another one of those films with people from Superbad in it. It's basically School of Rock, again a few laughs but nothing you haven't seen before. Easy watching I'd call it. 7/10

I also got a film called Repo that I have yet to watch.

Grumpy Old Men

I decided I needed to start watching some of my movies I haven't watched yet (which is a ton, to be honest). I really thought this movie was cute, and it's different to watch a comedy based around old men when usually comedies these days are immature teenage comedies, which I don't have a problem with, but it was a nice switch. Not the most hilarious thing, and I may have liked it more if I had not just watched American Beauty yesterday (which is quite possibly one of the best films ever), but I'd rewatch it and I'm gonna be watching the sequel in the coming days.

7/10

Double post but I don't care :p .

Shrek the Third

I was looking for this in the movie store today because I haven't seen it yet, but I couldn't find it. Soo I randomly searched in bargain bins for other movies and ended up coming across it for $6 yay, sale. It was an alright movie, definitely had some funny moments, but wasn't as good as Shrek 2!

7/10

Ollie

CF Legend
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:
Really enjoyed it actually which I'm glad about as I wasn't sure if I would or not. I think it helped me not remembering anything from the book as I could focus more on the film for what it was which was very good. It was a bit long and if someone asked me to say what all the scenes were I couldn't tell them as it seems so much was crammed into it as they could. The acting has improved as expected. I really like the person who plays Luna Lovegood. I think she's a great actor and deserves some more attention. Alan Rickman was also great as Snape as always he just seems to say his lines perfectly and pause at just the right places.

It could of done with some more action and I didn't feel that Burrow scene was too out of place. It was needed as not much was happening by that point but they could of done something better.
So yeah I really enjoyed it overall. Although I'm wondering now if I saw it again when it comes out on DVD I'll think the same thing.
8/10

marc

CF Legend
Ollie said:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:
Really enjoyed it actually which I'm glad about as I wasn't sure if I would or not. I think it helped me not remembering anything from the book as I could focus more on the film for what it was which was very good. It was a bit long and if someone asked me to say what all the scenes were I couldn't tell them as it seems so much was crammed into it as they could. The acting has improved as expected. I really like the person who plays Luna Lovegood. I think she's a great actor and deserves some more attention. Alan Rickman was also great as Snape as always he just seems to say his lines perfectly and pause at just the right places.

It could of done with some more action and I didn't feel that Burrow scene was too out of place. It was needed as not much was happening by that point but they could of done something better.
So yeah I really enjoyed it overall. Although I'm wondering now if I saw it again when it comes out on DVD I'll think the same thing.
8/10

I actually think I will prefer it on dvd, as the person next to me wont smell and eat and drink all the way through.

The Hangover

I FINALLY got to see this and it didn't disappoint at all! It was a bit out there in some spots, but what do you expect in a movie about four guys in Vegas? Seriously, there were so many laugh out loud moments, and the characters were so likeable, especially the dude with the beard who's name escapes me at this time. A few of the things he said reminded me of some stupid things I have said/would say as well (did Caesar really live here?).

I'll be buying it when it comes out.

8.9/10