What's new

"Now Showing"

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
ciallkennett said:
But something tells me this will take you breathe away...

The hype machine?

Let's get this...

The world's most expensive film, twelve years in the making.

The hype is exceptional and overwhelming. Amazingly, the film makers want everyone to go and see this film because it is a new way of film making and something special... Not at all because it's cost so much and taken 12 years and it absolutely needs to be commercially successful? ;)

kimahri

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
It's the most expensive movie ever made, so obviously you must expect a lot from that, otherwise it's a waste of money.

Shenmue was the most expensive game ever made. so mush so that every Dreamcast owner would have had to buy it twice for it to make profit.

Was it the best game ever?

No.

Ben

CF Legend
To make more of a point, lets look at the (adjusted for inflation) list of most expensive movies ever made...

1 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (sucked)
2 Cleopatra (haven't seen)
3 Superman Returns (sucked)
4 Titanic (sucked)
5 Spider-Man 3 (sucked)
6 Waterworld (sucked)
7 Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (sucked)
8 King Kong (sucked)
9 Spider-Man 2 (sucked)
10 Quantum of Solace (sucked)

If you keep going, the entire list they have on Wikipedia sucks.

The non-adjusted list is SLIGHTLY more promising... but... still...

peep

CF Legend
I really want to see Cleopatra, looks like an amazing piece of film making. Pirates 3 was ok, nothing amazing but it was still watchable, unlike the rest of the films on that list.

^ Eww, Titanic is not amazing! It's not bad or anything, I just don't like either actor and the movie is far too long.

Titanic and Pearl Harbour are kinda like, meh movies to me and they both are pretty similar. Tragedies that have been made into love stories, that need to be shortened by about an hour.

^ Well I haven't seen it in quite a long time but I remember it being decent. I'm sure it's not historically accurate or anything, but as for the love triangle theme, I kind of liked that rather than just "rich girl falls in love with poor, picked on guy on a boat".

They're both okay movies to me though, I'd give 'em each a 6 or 7 out of 10.

RCF

Strata Poster
Yea the only true part about Pearl Harbor is well, the Japanese and battleships sinking. Other than that it's not very historically accurate.

^ As much as I love history and know a lot about it, I hate when people complain about movies not being historically accurate. The thing is, they're movies.. It's almost like complaining that a sci-fi movie isn't realistic enough. I could see if it were a documentary on television that was suppose to educate people and it was not accurate, but it's a movie, and it's for entertainment..

RCF

Strata Poster
Aw man sci-fi isn't real? Thanks for raining on my parade. :x I love history too, but Hollywood makes evrything all sob story especially when it's based on a true story. Everything involved in history should just be a very exciting documentary, like Flight 93

Ben

CF Legend
I think the problem with Pearl Harbour not being accurate (certainly my issue with it) was that it was SO inaccurate in a way that was nothing more than trying to make America look as amazing as possible, and the Japanese as evil and incompetent as possible too.

I just watched Changeling on the subject of true movies. I cried, lots. Once I'd gotten over how much Angeline Jolie is a bitch, I then cried because of the movie. Great flick. 9/10.

Snoo

The Legend
I think the problem with Pearl Harbour not being accurate (certainly my issue with it) was that it was SO inaccurate in a way that was nothing more than trying to make America look as amazing as possible, and the Japanese as evil and incompetent as possible too.

Well we are amazing.. come on now Benjamin. ;)

But I don't seem to remember the parts where they mentioned the Japanese being total retards.. might just be me though.

Of course.. during that time.. the American public viewed the Japanese, along with those lovely Germans, as evil. Maybe he wanted to portray that time period?

Watchmen

Just watched this one.. and I'm a true fan. I heard the good and the bad, and it had its low points, on top of being a bit long, but I really did like this one.

9/10

Everything involved in history should just be a very exciting documentary, like Flight 93

I really liked Flight 93, actually.

pquote]But I don't seem to remember the parts where they mentioned the Japanese being total retards.. might just be me though.

Of course.. during that time.. the American public viewed the Japanese, along with those lovely Germans, as evil. Maybe he wanted to portray that time period? [/quote]

Well yeah, like, the story is told with the main characters being American, so obviously they're not gonna try to make the American soldiers look evil..

Watchmen

Just watched this one.. and I'm a true fan. I heard the good and the bad, and it had its low points, on top of being a bit long, but I really did like this one.

9/10

I was gonna get it from the movie store the other day but then I decided it looked too confusing. Is it hard to follow?

RCF

Strata Poster
I've been wanting to see Watchmen. I know it's kind of late but I saw Taken a couple of hours ago, great movie, 9.5/10. It's a little cramped together, but a good film, with some humor in it as well.