What's new

New ride for PortAventura in 2011?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Screaming Coasters said:
Take Furius Crappo out and put an indoor ride in its place in fact. Visitor numbers have only decreased since the ride was put in anyway ;)

How dare you!!! Wash your mouth out, Ben help me! lol

Thats another summer ride, honestly it's totally different.

So is it the shows that you love, or the huge coasters?

If it's the shows that are most important, then you wouldn't mind losing Baco ;)

marc

CF Legend
Erol I do not think anyone is slagging off the park, I really liked it. Bit rct but very nice.

But for me to go back it needs more and maybe thats why the gate figures are down. But lets not go there again.

If I have a choice of DLP or PA, DLP would win every time. And in this climate they are the choices people are making.

What would tip the balance is a new world class coaster, and if DLP are getting new things that will make PA even worse off. Even though I still feel Disney should have been near PA and not in Paris as the weather is better.

Dave

CF Legend
Port Aventura needs flat rides and thrill rides not more roller coasters. There was nothing to do between most of the rides.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Nah, it's like with Disney. They have more coasters and indoor rides than flats. It really isn't that sort of park, Dave. Also there was nothing other to do because we went during winter and half the other rides were closed. Do it during the summer and your views will change.

marc

CF Legend
There was lots to do, such as have a go at Erol about Baco :)

I agree with you tbh the park does need some flat rides. But its coasters that mainly get people to the park in the 1st place, maybe they can do both at the same time.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
I like the idea of a dark ride. Although they already have tutuki splash and a relativly well themed silver river flume, a journey to atlantis type water ride would work wonders in the China area of the park.
However I personally think they should invest in a Dive machine in the polynesia area of the park, similar to Sheikra.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I don't think they need anything like Journey to Atlantis at all. They won't need another water ride for a while.

Lofty

CF Legend
And even then if they do get a water ride I can see it being a Splash Battle in Polynesia!

I personally think a 'Large' flat would do wonders for the park until they invest in something a whole lot more bigger (say all these B&M rumors etc). A ride like a Huss Giant frisbee or even a Top Spin would be fantastic in the park, they're quiet high capacity and are large crowd pleasers, lat Alton for instance, Ripsaw probably gets the most guest interest and more people of the public watching it then any other ride in the whole of the park!

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well it's already gone off Wikipedia...

Anyways I for one do not want Port Aventura to get a Eurofighter, I've never been on one but they don't look like anything special.

And slightly off topic but still related to Port Aventura. I noticed Hotel El Paso seems to of closed for the rest of the year. Is it because with the new hotel just opened and there isn't enough demand for all 4 hotels each with 500 rooms? Or are they just renovating it or something.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Tony said:
And slightly off topic but still related to Port Aventura. I noticed Hotel El Paso seems to of closed for the rest of the year. Is it because with the new hotel just opened and there isn't enough demand for all 4 hotels each with 500 rooms? Or are they just renovating it or something.

That is correct. There is not enough demand to keep 4 hotels running, not even in high season. And yeah, in the meantime they'll do some works on El Paso, since it's the oldest hotel along with HPA.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Coaster-Fiend said:
A B&M Flyer or DM would be awesome as hell.

I don't think DM & Khan would mix well to be fair. An Invert really would put Port Aventura on the map, after Baco seemed so unsatisfying.

andrus

Giga Poster
I really don't hope PA build a eurofighter! I have only ridden one (SAW) but I didn't found it any good at all.. The theming is great for sure, and some parts of the ride are quite good like the drop, immelman, airhill and the indoor section. But generally there are too many faults that are bugging me.

To begin with the restraints are terrible. I'm quite tall and my back hurt for ages afterwards. Even my girlfriend who's pretty short complained about the restraints being uncomfortable. Further the track is really shaky although the ride is brand new! The capacity is terrible. Two trains with 8 riders each are loading at the same time with a total of only 16 passengers. Compare that to oblivion which loads 16 passengers a train two trains at the time with a total of 32 passengers! Eurofigters also tend to be short and unspectacular rides.

To sum it up a B&M DM is everything a eurofighter wish to be! Silky smooth track, high capacity, more trhilling drop (hanging from the edge), spectacular and fairly good restraints (could still be better, I who'm tall prefer Intamins flexible and even better is the ones found on S&S skyswats!) So I really hope we will never se a eurofighter at PA!

andrus

Giga Poster
According to screamscape caxia the owners of port aventura made an agreement with investindustrial to become a 50% partner with them in port aventura.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/portaventura.htm

I guess this means new fresh capital which eg can be invested in new rides!

Also further down the page at screamscape you can read about port aventura looking into the idea of adding a major new coaster for the 2010 season to celebrate the park’s 15th anniversary, possibly a dive machine. But since the post is more than half a year old I guess it was just a blank rumor..

Anyway, a B&M flyer or DM would be great in the polynesian area! :--D

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It's been months since the last update.

So here it is. The park has taken surveys at the end of the day to random guests recently. These surveys are aimed to find out what ride would be most popular among guests. Note that this survey is not open to guests' suggestions. So there are 6 options to choose from and guests are shown a picture of the ride so that they can see what it's like.

The options are:

- Vekoma Motorbike Coaster (this was rumoured)
- Indoor coaster (something like Mummy - I guess on a lower-scale budget)
- B&M Stand-UP (WTF, wasn't this type like... dead?)
- 4D cinema (or possible overhaul on the existing Sea Odyssey to make it 4D)
- B&M Dive Machine
- Hypercoaster (it was not clear weather they meant B&M or Intamin)

So, 6 options, 5 are coasters... let the speculation begin again!

Personally, I would rule out the 4D cinema, the Stand Up and quite possibly the Motorbike since they already have Furius Baco...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Why would a Vekoma motorbike even be considered? Sure, it's highly unlikely, but why even include it as an option. It would be pointless given Baco, and wouldn't fit in anywhere in the park in terms of area/theme.

PA needs a Hyper, Dive Machine or Invert. That's it.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I would put my money on the Dive Machine but given their relationship with Intamin, I think they might choose an Intamin Megacoaster or something to regain the height record in Europe.

Still, I think the best option would be a B&M flyer like Manta in Polynesia...