What's new

New ride for PortAventura in 2011?

marc

CF Legend
Whats also messed the park up is Ryanair, you used to be able to book through them and fly Ryanair then get the bus to the park. But due to Ryanair only letting people book on their own site it messed that deal up so now you have to fly Easyjet and land miles away :(

And of course the down turn in the euro as you have said :)

Ben

CF Legend
oriolat2 said:
According to jonylopez50 from CAPTE.org (Spanish Coaster Club), the management from PA were recently invited to try out Mistery Mine by Gerstlauer.

Of course, this doesn't mean PA will be getting a Eurofigher for sure, but it's on the cards... :roll:

Let the speculation begin...

HAHAHAHA.

That would be worth the **** ride for how FUNNY it would be to laugh at the people that wanted a Flyer :wink:

spicy

Giga Poster
If they get a Eurofighter im going to cry.

Eurofighters are just such a crap coaster type, there like a poor mans Dive Machine.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ But if they do it right, we could be seeing another Mystery Mine. Universal still has shares in the park so we should see something pretty spectacular, whatever coaster it gets.

spicy

Giga Poster
^ Wouldn't you rather another Sheikra/Griffon than a Mystery Mine though? With Universal still having shares just reiterates that they can afford it.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I would actually prefer a Mystery Mine type ride over Griffon. You can do so many more things with a Eurofighter, make stories, throw flames, do whatever. But either way I guess I'm happy.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I wouldn't mind them pulling off a Mystery Mine, it all depends how they actually "pull it off". But with PA, they can even make drop towers outstanding, so it wouldn't shock me if they could make a Euro-Fighter outstanding. Like SC said above, there is a higher range of freedom, not only when theming is in concerned, but when it comes to layout such as inversions and launches.

I still place bets down for the Black Mamba style inverted coaster :p

Gazza

Giga Poster
It wouldn't necessarily have to be motorbikes though, they have horses and cougars as other train theme options (link) , and no doubt other custom options are out there too.
Not that a park like PA should get one.

Ben

CF Legend
Gazza said:
It wouldn't necessarily have to be motorbikes though, they have horses and cougars as other train theme options (link) , and no doubt other custom options are out there too..

The words "can't polish" and "turd" spring to mind though :wink:

Gazza

Giga Poster
Don't get me wrong, I don't really like 'motorbike/saddled' coasters either (Except for Jet Rescue :love4: ) and Vekomas design looks to lean towards the sucky end of the spectrum.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, they're talking about it on the Spanish forums. I don't know enough to translate it very well, but, they're basically saying "we're getting a Eurofighter... ****".

I'll get the Spaniard to translate it properly.

Ollie

CF Legend
If their last coaster Baco shows the quality of coasters we can expect in the future then we already know this will be amazing. ;)

marc

CF Legend
marc said:
They could shock us all and get a Eurofighter :) I wish I was joking but it could be a possibilty.

2 years ago I said Thorpe would get one and everyone said no way, so I could be right again.

lol :)

They were slow at loading rides when we were there, and other people seem to say this is normal. Loading a Eurofighter will be even slower.

I just think this is such a bad moved if its true, they need another high capacity ride.