What's new

Knoebels | Flying Turns | In house construction

*fistpump*

Back on topic, this looks like it could be a fun ride, nothing like AMAZING!!! or anything but unique and cool.

^I couldn't agree more. You have to see it to believe it!
I hope they get it going sooner rather than later, but even if it takes another year or two I'll still remained pumped to ride this baby.

They had to design & order new trains last year because there was no way to adapt the old ones to function properly, no matter how many changes they made to the track. I imagine that they should have received the new ones by now, but they have to wait until the weather improves before testing can begin again. If they got the design right this time, they should only need to make a few tweaks to get the coaster operational. Hopefully it will indeed open this year, but you never know...

I'd love for it to open this year. I am properly poised to make this my 100th roller coaster, which would be a neat credit for such a unique coaster.

Re: "Flying Turns" - Flying Turns for Knoebels

POV!

It looks like fun but is spoilt by the mid-course lift hill imo, but I suppose it's necessary.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwuRkBoWChI[/youtube]

The first half looks a little dull, but the second half looks great. It's going to look awesome flying down those tubes!

The transfer from the free-wheel to the side-friction track just before the 2nd lift looks painful but the rest looks insane.

Its a thing of beauty... but it was a thing of beauty 4 seasons ago when I wandered past it wondering if it'd be open (and they'd been building it for a while then too)...

So sorry, but this is just a huge FAIL.

A great bit of park sculpture then, as useful as the Corkscrew outside Alton's gates.

Here's hoping right? I don't know if they've been this close although I know they tested trains before. This seems to be a LONG process but I think in the end it will be alright.

So like, what's left to fix?

If I read correctly, that is just the chassis, so they would still have to make a seating arrangement, balance weight proportionally, and probably just general tweaking.

Courtesy of my ass and me pulling it out of.

^I'd second that reasoning. Second half looks crazy nuts.

david morton said:
Its a thing of beauty... but it was a thing of beauty 4 seasons ago when I wandered past it wondering if it'd be open (and they'd been building it for a while then too)...

So sorry, but this is just a huge FAIL.

A great bit of park sculpture then, as useful as the Corkscrew outside Alton's gates.

Ah well, don't be such a roody-poo now. Just because it't taken them such a long time doesn't mean it's a failure. They've had a lot of hurdles and considering the fact that they actually released a POV of sorts I think that's rather impressive.