What's new

Knoebels | Flying Turns | In house construction

That's one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. The speed that picks up from that little tiny height in that little bit of time is incredible. I can't even imagine what it must've been like on Euclid Beach's monster turns. I really help they can get this up running sometime this season... I'd love to get up and ride it. It's rather high on my list.

It doesn't look that fast, but it does look very out of control given the tight turns. This might be worth the wait after all.

I can see how they would have had so much trouble with the trains, that video appears to be riding so top heavy.

But don't worry Joey, I have been waiting the past year and a half to travel out to Knoebels to ride this thing.

I just think it's fascinating... And really beautiful. I'm not even sure I care about it as a ride. But all the curvy structure is just amazing.

I'm almost scared about it running - like, I'd feel sad if it got old and ruined. D:

PRESERVE EEET!

I agree Joey. Looking at the ride makes my pants wet in a good way :)

I don't care what the ride is like, it's just gorgeous! :)

I hope this puppy opens this summer when I'm in the area. This thing got me excited in my midsection.

^Unlikely.

This thing is just beautiful, even it it rides terribly, I'll let it off on looks.

ECC-list said:
I attended Coasterbash in Pennsylvania last weekend. Steve, who has worked a lot of Flying Turns, said the park is hoping to have one train running on the coaster by the time the park has its opening day this year. They will be working on a new design for the second and following trains, however.
Hopefully it might open earlier then expected.

Haha this would be an awesome ride and that POV... the corners are insane, taking them like that... sat in that THING... quality.

Oh and I agree with Joey, the structure itself looks magnificent!

Does anyone have an update on this, I'm really hoping this will be open when I go, but I'm really not expecting it to be, amazed that they have had such a hard time with this ride, I thought it would be just like the Steel ones, only wooden.

The last I heard, they were still working with the trains. Other than that, I haven't heard anything.

I agree...I'd like to get a ride in before I leave for college in August...the track and ride itself is pretty much done, but as said above, the trains are a huge holdup.

The most recent update on this seems to be what everyone else is saying (the "trains" need to be re-done). I have plans for the rest of this year and next year. I would like to go back to eastern PA and central NJ in 2010. Hershey, Dorney, and Great Adventure all seem better than Knoebels. Maybe I'll never go there. I am going to Holiday World along with Kings Island this year. That seemed to be a better "family park with woodens".