What's new

Knoebels | Flying Turns | In house construction

I was just wondering if it coasted uphill and all that. Thats what seems to make people class things as coasters or not. Avalanche is only JUST a coaster with that upwards helix at the end!

Yes, it coasts uphill on every corner :p

Geez... Some things are just obviously a coaster, and this is one of them.

Looks stunning and beautiful and I'm jealous of anyone that can get to ride it. There's nothing as pretty as a wooden coaster, and I don't think I've ever seen anything this pretty in a long time!

Somewhat strangely, there isn't a coaster project for 2007 that I'm more interested in than this one. Knoebels' is a great little park and I hope this ride turns out fantastic.

The figure-8's portion of the structure is looking like it's nearly complete and they are stretching the layout from there at a good clip. Apparently the portion of the trough that looks done will get yet another layer of planking as they get closer to completion of the ride.

furie said:
Yes, it coasts uphill on every corner :p

As cheating as that is, I never thought of it!

Geez... Some things are just obviously a coaster, and this is one of them.

*Adds Bobsled at Oakwood* :lol:

I don't think I've ever seen anything this pretty in a long time!

I hope madame_furie doesn't see that!

This thing is taking forever to build and open. Screamscape say it is now expected to open in 2008.
db_2007_0820_FlyingTurns11.jpg

db_2007_0820_FlyingTurns21.jpg

http://www.screamscape.com/html/knoebels.htm

Make me third.

This has to be one of the most awe inspiring coasters I have ever witnessed.

Seriously...the sex.

Screamscape has posted a pretty good photo update from Knoebel's Phall Phun Phest showcasing Flying Turns, as well as it's old school test trains.

Apparently these trains are not intended for actual operation and are one of a selection of styles of trains that are being tested to see how they look on the tracks, and are not the actual final design for the trains.

Regardless, it is awesome to see these old style trains running, gives you a real feel for roller coasters from the days of old.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/knoebels.htm

It tests every day by the way.

And Lain, it looks padded...enough. More padded than Avalanche at PKD at least.