What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:
The variable to all of this is speed. Banshee's fastest moment will be at the bottom of the batwing.

I thought it would be between the zero-g and the batwing?

Hutch

Strata Poster
The batwing is almost complete. The entire thing is starting to look really nice.

Camera4.jpg

You can also see that Flight Deck/The Bat has begun to be repainted.

1492322_10152481892178368_834966582_o.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Says a lot when the Immelmann from the Batwing is bigger than most other coaster's immelmann's ha.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
_koppen said:
Hyde244 said:
The variable to all of this is speed. Banshee's fastest moment will be at the bottom of the batwing.

I thought it would be between the zero-g and the batwing?
It could very well be in between the zero-g and batwing; I know the lowest point of the ride at least is during the batwing.

Still, my driving point is that this roller coaster is very unconventional in not achieving its top speed until the second half of the ride.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I thought the press release stated the top speed would be at the bottom of the batwing?

Off to go look...

All I could find was that the lowest point is the bottom of the batwing.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Construction has been much faster now. The batwing is now complete, and they have started working on the second loop.

1551543_10152486753173368_1153519597_n.jpg

You can also see in the background all the other supports waiting to go up.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
rollermonkey said:
Intricks said:
I thought it was the third. Montu and Afterburn I think?

Jeez, my eyes just glossed over Top Burn and only saw Montu.

I need to get some effin' sleep. This insomnia is a beast.
Feel your pain. I have shift work disorder and have made some pretty crazy posts due to lack of sleep.

I have ridden both Aftergun and Montu and I have to say AB's was better, but they're both sick.

Do we know how tall Banshee's is? It seems shaped similarly to GateKeeper's drop but since you have a Vknot going into it and it's probably smaller, I feel it could be signifficantly more intense than GK, which is a very good sign.

Are they going to plant the trees in the rendering? I know it would be a lot of work (though I thought Alton did something like that turning Ugg Land into Dark Forest) but it will definitely make the ride better and the rendering showed them.

scw55

Hyper Poster
2012Jarrett said:
Are they going to plant the trees in the rendering? I know it would be a lot of work (though I thought Alton did something like that turning Ugg Land into Dark Forest) but it will definitely make the ride better and the rendering showed them.

I hope so.

I find foliage softens the industrial nature of a steel rollercoaster.
From a design point of view, I some coasters disappointing because they literally look like a factory wasteland (in less it's deliberate and part of the "theme").

The trees would also make the train feel faster because you're wooshing past things.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
2012Jarrett said:
While Cedar Fair has gotten better about landscaping around roller coasters in recent years: no. At the very best, there will be very minimal landscaping, and most likely no trees.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Not given. Only details are the coaster height of 167 ft., first drop of 150 ft., and a length of 4,124.1 feet. MPH will be 68.