What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Re: Kings Island | "Banshee" | B&M Invert

Pyrenees at Parque Espana has an amzaing first drop, and this looks like it'll be pretty close to that.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster

That thing is shooting up fast! Crazy. It'll look good when it's done. Hope fully Cedar fair will be smart and send one to valleyfair as well.

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster

The dive loop is already starting to take place. The drop is complete and already the first 1 or 2 pieces up into the dive loop are happening.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Camera4.jpg

Dive loop has officially gone upside-down! Let's hope they complete it soon!

And how do you get into a media day event? I got my driver's license today (yay!) and should be able to go. Which groups can I/should I join to get in? Does CF count or can I find a way to get in through CF, or do I need to be part of ACE/Club TPR/Media Team? Sorry if this is a dumb question, this'll be my first ride opening I can attend.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

You can be invited by the park if you are actually media, whether print, radio, TV or you run a website with significant traffic.

Being in Club TPR won't do anything for you, and unless the park reaches out to an organization for riders for promotional filming, neither will being in ACE or any of the regional organizations.

That said, if you don't belong to ACE or the regional organization now, don't wait. You have to already be a member to get the invitation from the coaster group because the invite can show up several weeks ahead of the filming.

Intricks

Strata Poster

If Kings Island does what Cedar Point did with Gatekeeper, then you should be able to go through either GOCC/ACE/Club TPR or any other of the recognized coaster clubs that they could invite for their media day event.

therick311

Mega Poster

I believe I heard somewhere that they would invite coaster clubs to media day for Banshee, just like they did for Gatekeeper. However, I have no source to cite. So take my word for what it's worth. :wink:

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

I invited myself to the Pleasurewood Hills Hobs Pit media thing as Moderator of Coasterzone and got accepted! They seemed to accept most people though.

This ride is looking amazing. All angles seen so far are great.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Maybe it's the angle, but the giant frisbee looks like it's going to swing deliciously close to Banshee.
:)

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster

The Dive loop is completely connected! I must say that the first drop, and right into the dive loop look really nice, and like it flows really well.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Somewhat similar and related, but KI just announced (or told GOCC) that Flight Deck will be getting a new paint job, theme and name.

Remember the leaked page and logo? Thats right, next season, we will be able to ride The Bat as well as Banshee.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Relocation =/= new construction

Also, I kind of got the feeling that ride was a massive overreach for Walygator. Maybe they couldn't afford to pay for it to be done faster?

(I love that the webcam image at the top of the page remains continuously up to date... I wonder: is it possible to sticky a post to the top of a thread? If so, it could be done for all construction topics where a webcam is available.)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ To my knowledge we cannot sticky a post to the top of each thread page. However, I will go ahead and post the webcam feed into the original post.

In other news, Banshee capped off the vertical loop today.

935532_10151687318798639_1009868128_n.jpg

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster

Hyde244 said:
^ To my knowledge we cannot sticky a post to the top of each thread page. However, I will go ahead and post the webcam feed into the original post.

In other news, Banshee capped off the vertical loop today.

935532_10151687318798639_1009868128_n.jpg
I couldn't see anything on the webcam yesterday due to the Fog/Rain that they had. Looked this morning and not only is the loop complete, but the portion headed up towards the zero-g roll is already in place. This thing is moving quickly!

I can't wait to see the "butterfly/pretzel" element, as well as how these new trains look. Hopefully if it looks good it may get a few more parks to invest in some more inverts!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

We are now half-way through the zero-g roll. The webcam is in a great position to also watch the repainting of Flight Deck as it converts to the Bat.

Camera4.jpg