What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Kings Island | "Banshee" | B&M Invert

rollermonkey said:
What are you talking about? Technically, it began to fade before the paint was even dry.

Well duh. Pretty sure he meant how long until the colour will fade so much that it looks different...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

There are a number of Cedar Fair roller coasters with once vibrant color schemes that are rather faded - especially B&Ms such as Patriot, Silver Bullet, Mantis, Talon, or Hydra.

Glad to also see the use of B&M's steeper lift hill on Banshee. I remember that being a subtly cool feature on Tatsu, really letting you get a sense of how high you are.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Kings Island | "Banshee" | B&M Invert

It won't ever get as bad as Xcelerator. Colors are fantastic but faded purple and pink isn't nearly as bad as orange becoming pink.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I am tentatively planning to visit KI this weekend. Will be sure to bring back photos!

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster

Drop construction from webcame/KI PR Twitter/Facebook

screen_shot_2013-10-02_at_6.png

812421697.jpg

892869_10152213703003368_1495314754_o.jpg

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Even if it turns out to be a forceless one, it will still look amazing!

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I miss the look of the pre drops, probably just me though.

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster

That was FAST. Monday they had just topped out I believe. The drop looks great from what I can tell on the webcam!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I'm impartial to pre-drops. What I am partial about though is a straight drop over a curving drop.

Raptor still holds my favorite B&M invert drop, over the likes of Patriot or Talon which turn.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Isn't Katun's drop meant to be amazing too? That's straight.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Katun (and Raptor) have a 90° turn at the top of their drops, but with the majority of the rest of the drop being straight. They do feel very different (I've only ridden Raptor), and I prefer them slightly, but there's not much in it. I think you get a better sense of the rapid speed gain with a straight drop - which I prefer.

h5l9hf090bu800b4i7qe5b.jpg

rcjp

Roller Poster

^Raptor also has my favorite drop in an invert so far.
This one looks awesome, though.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

Ethan said:
Isn't Katun's drop meant to be amazing too? That's straight.
It's amazing. Particularly in the back few rows if you're on the right hand side of the train. You get ridiculous amounts of floater airtime all the way down the drop.

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster

The drop for Banshee is bottomed out now. It looks great on the Webcam, especially since it's a nice sunny morning today.

Do you guys think they will build the coaster in a line, or do other sections start to be erected soon? (Not really familiar with construction of coasters) The reason I ask is I know they didn't do the wing coaster at Heide Park in "order" from start to finish. I'd really like to see how tall that first dive, and vertical loop are going to look.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

It would appear they will be building in a line, at least for the portion of the ride that is not at the bottom of the ravine.