What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cedar Point changed the name of Banshee because a vocal group of conservative Christians raised concern of using a theme that insinuated death for screaming riders. Majority of the merchandise was indeed destroyed. Here's a brief newspaper article: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=PK ... shee&hl=en

It was an unfortunate circumstance, as Mantis does not have sand-silenced track, which makes it one of the loudest roller coasters I have experience. (The famous B&M roar!) Would have fit really well with the Banshee theme.

To my knowledge, Kings Island has not said whether or not the track will be filled with sand to dampen sound - if not that would make for a great sounding roller coaster.

The banshee screams were apart of promo for the roller coaster, and will most likely be removed once the roller coaster is in service. The screams were honestly horrendously loud and annoying during the media announcement, and I wouldn't mind not having to bear through them while in line.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I think it's the angle from up on the tower, but right now, it looks like the train is going to come into the final brakes with some serious speed.

Hutch

Strata Poster
King's Island posted another pic on their FB page. This time it's the station!

1493583_10152513362048368_187663020_o.jpg

scw55

Hyper Poster
The coaster's colour scheme makes me feel hungry for sugar. It looks like the colour of a Slush Drink or something.
Maybe that's one reason they chose that colour scheme. They could sell snacks branded after the ride in the park.

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

I would think they wouldn't want to start it too soon, the track is covered in snow still. :lol:

They still have to install all the mechanics and ship the trains transatlantically, so it may be mid-March before we begin to see testing in full swing.

Posted while reading your mind.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
BBH said:
They still have to... ship the trains transatlantically.
Really? I thought it they would be made in the Ohio factory. You learn something every day. Whereabouts are they made?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interesting. I guess somewhere in Europe makes sense for shipping around the world. Thanks for the info.

Snoo

The Legend
insanecoastervids said:
Testing should begin sometime In February, witch is a good thing because this just looks great.

Depends on your definition of testing. Trains rolling? Late March, early April if this weather keeps up. It's been below freezing for the better half of the last two months and does not look to end anytime soon.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Which is to say, you ideally look for constant 50-60 degree weather, especially at the onset of testing with the soft, slow wheels.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Re: Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Ian said:
BBH said:
They still have to... ship the trains transatlantically.
Really? I thought it they would be made in the Ohio factory. You learn something every day. Whereabouts are they made?

All of B&M's rails, trains and track hardware (Brakes etc.) are made at B&M HQ in Monthey. Switzerland. The rails and hardware then get shipped to the various plants for their spines and ties and the train go directly to site.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Well, would you just look at that! It really shows a great perspective of the contours!

1039526_10152520461938368_2110795930_o.jpg

(KI Facebook)

TPR claim trains will arrive at the end of this month...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So in three days time? Could be, but I'll take the more likely bet that they will arrive in February.

This thing looks beautiful and that shot gives you an idea of how large of a terrain drop they are working with. Hopefully a return of a forceful B&M.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Mason, Ohio is projected to go above freezing temperatures once in the next 10 days.

There will be no testing any time soon.