Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
schmexifornication dynamite thrust.

Those words are good enough.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Not sure if its been mentioned but as the entrance/exit cross over would this be essentially the same as a Pretzel Knot inversion. The only other one i think was on Moonsault Scramble (its never going to be THAT intense though :p )

Moonsault_Scramble_(Fuji-Q_Highland).jpg

I know B&M call it a batwing but still a nice aside.

Hutch

Strata Poster
^I don't think I'm going anywhere near that. Looks rough as hell. :p

I thought Banshee's "batwing" was originally called something else, due to the crossover on the entrance and exit. Was it called a pretzel knot? I can't remember, but I don't think the official name for the inversion is a batwing.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That flows so damn well. I have a feeling that the second vertical loop is going to end up being absolutely brutal (in all the good ways) and catch a lot of people off guard.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
King's Island tweeted this today:

BeIIy0VCUAAF1GJ.jpg

What a fantastic looking ride. That 0-g roll is going to be absolutely legendary.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow I did NOT realise how much of a hill it actually comes down after the first loop. The feeling of constantly accelerating down the hill is going to be pretty awesome.

Snoo

The Legend
I just hope the G forces are strong at the end of the day. If so.. this will be spectacular. If not? Well..

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It does look good. If i remember correctly Mantis at Cedar Point was going to be called Banshee and Cedar Fair changed the name of it due to the negative connotations. 18 years later though the name is fine :p

41571_176373800013_5269123_n.jpg

The ride does look good though. Always like a ride with 2 vertical loops.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Wow this is looking a lot better than I expected. I remember back in August or September when everyone was watching the announcement live and they where all like, "ITS CALLED BAT!, WAIT NO, BANSHEE, NO WAIT, BAT, WAIT IT'S BANSHEE FOR REAL!".

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Well, everyone was kind of half right.

^^ It's also worth mentioning that Banshee's original logo gave inspiration to Dorney Park's Steel Force logo.

steel_force_logo.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
roomraider said:
It does look good. If i remember correctly Mantis at Cedar Point was going to be called Banshee and Cedar Fair changed the name of it due to the negative connotations. 18 years later though the name is fine :p

41571_176373800013_5269123_n.jpg

The ride does look good though. Always like a ride with 2 vertical loops.
Banshee used to be a derogatory term for a female, it's not used much (if at all), so that's a possible explanation too? Still, I see your point.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I always thought that Cedar Point Banshee's name was changed because either A. The name was seen as demonic since some versions of the Banshee legend describe the creature as a type of demon or B. Some versions of the Banshee legend state that hearing her scream means you will soon die and the concept was seen as morbid. I do recall reading about it and I want to say something mentioned that ride tat bearing the Banshee name were burned, though it was a while ago and I forgot where I read it. But if I did read that and it is true, somebody obviously got very offended.

I just hope that they keep playing the Banshee sound around the area like they did when I was there in August. It was LOUD (you could hear it loud and clear from Flight Deck's station) and really helped drum up excitement around the construction walls.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
2012Jarrett said:
I just hope that they keep playing the Banshee sound around the area like they did when I was there in August. It was LOUD (you could hear it loud and clear from Flight Deck's station) and really helped drum up excitement around the construction walls.

Perhaps the scream will become the dispatch sound, just like Swarm's metallic screech (and drive the attendants mad each time it's played)? I also hope the coaster itself is LOUD...if they are personifying the coaster/trains as a beast, just like Nemesis, the theme would be greatly embellished by a good old B&M roar and anti-rollback chatter.

Really excited for track completion now :--D