What's new

Holiday World | Thunderbird | Launched B&M Wing Coaster

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Holiday World | Unknown | Unknown

If they were to do anything like that, it would be a fly to lie invert/flyer. Conversion taking place on an MCBR or something.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

tomahawk said:
If they were to do anything like that, it would be a fly to lie invert/flyer. Conversion taking place on an MCBR or something.
I'd had that idea too. That one seems a bit more pointless, though. Or at the top of an element if they do it mechanically like an S&S 4D coaster. Have the invert go into the top of the pretzel loop and have rails or magnets pull it into a fly and take the pretzel loop to continue the rest of the ride as a flyer. That would be sick as ****!

Sadly, footers don't seem to suggest it, so none of that tonight. :( But maybe someday! Had Kings Island done that with Banshee where it turned that batwing into a pretzel loop that went from invert to flyer at the top, pretzel looped, twisted out, went into a Starry Sky Ripper-esque loop, took the same carousel but banked it so that you were inverted again, same inline twist, and then have it set you back down on the helix it would probably be my #1.

Ah, we'll know in fifteen! So excited!

BBH

Giga Poster

I've taken the liberty of preparing a bag of popcorn and a cup of decaf coffee for tonight's announcement. I am, as is everyone else, extremely excited, especially considering I'll probably ride it next year.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

haha the stream has started with a load of quotes from enthusiast forums. Amusing :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Kind of hoping we see one from the worlds biggest goon, aka Jarrett show up. Doubt it though.

Jarrett

^Gotta work tonight. :( But I'm watching the live stream and I'm there in spirit! :p

Intricks

Strata Poster

I have never squeed so hard as I have than just right now

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BBH

Giga Poster

B&M launched wing coaster called Thunderbird...

Holy. **** ing. ****.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

My God, Jarrett was **** right.

Launched B&M Wing Coaster named Thunderbird.

Intricks

Strata Poster

And its a flywheel launch of all things.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

It looks pretty big actually.

0-60 in 3.5 secs. Did they just say Fly Wheel?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Yes. Fly wheel using "Will" Power.

Jarrett

Y'all were saying? ;)

I literally just ran around the house flipping out and scared my parents. Gonna be such a **** around my friends at work tonight. :p Can't wait, but it's off to work for now.

BBH

Giga Poster

Jarrett, you are a god. Holy ****.

I've never been more excited and giddy in my life. Never would have expected it. Ever.

Maverix

Mega Poster

Is it a flywheel launch or are they using the flywheel as a generator? Correct my if I'm wrong but doesn't Hulk have something similar that they had to use to bring enough power for the launch?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Bro-fist Jarret.

I will say this though, that orange track looked odd for a reason

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

I'll say this first: not really been following this project at all, but watched the announcement like a good goon.

The way that they said "First B&M Launched Wing-Coaster in the US" perhaps hint at similar projects elsewhere...

But yeah. First B&M built launch, if I'm not mistaken. From what I saw of the layout it looks very short and uninspired.