What's new

Holiday World | Thunderbird | Launched B&M Wing Coaster

EthC

Mega Poster
Re: Holiday World | Unknown | Unknown

The final clue!!!!

Is this a dream? We dare not breathe as our ship flies over the sea at speeds unknown. The only sound we hear is the thundering of wings and the beating of our hearts. Somehow, this creature will carry us back to land. To the New World. To our home.

Ok so if this isn't something to do with a very fast wing rider of some sorts I'd be quite surprised tbh. What time does the official announcement take place?

Darren B

Giga Poster

Youngster Joey said:
That'd suck. I haven't ridden a good Winged coaster yet

Snap. They're a GP coaster that the masses seem to enjoy. So basically, it does the job it's intended too.

But as enthusiasts we're going to moan, They don't do anything for us. Yes, we find them ok, and don't have a particularly bad word to say about them but they're not exactly thrilling. Infact, I can't think of a well travelled enthusiast who's got one in their top 10 on CoasterForce? I'm not having a pop at the members who are still waiting to stretch their wings who have wing riders in their Top 10 (we were all there once obviously) but the enthusiasts who've built up a good variation of coasters won't have a wing coaster anywhere near their top 10.

However, if this is a wing coaster there are of course advantages to enthusiasts; First off, it's a cred! and with everyone queuing for it, Voyage will probably have really short queues for a couple of months.

marc

CF Legend
Holiday World | Unknown | Unknown

Gavin said the one in china? Was actually good as it was more about speed and drops than inversions.

I've only done two and at first I liked swarm but last time I thought it was average.

They look impressive and are nice to watch.

But yeah if they have gone for this it's a solid inversion.

People will be upset that's it's not a 4d launched one that dumps you in water and makes your dinner :)

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

Darren B said:
Youngster Joey said:
That'd suck. I haven't ridden a good Winged coaster yet

Snap. They're a GP coaster that the masses seem to enjoy. So basically, it does the job it's intended too.

But as enthusiasts we're going to moan, They don't do anything for us. Yes, we find them ok, and don't have a particularly bad word to say about them but they're not exactly thrilling. Infact, I can't think of a well travelled enthusiast who's got one in their top 10 on CoasterForce? I'm not having a pop at the members who are still waiting to stretch their wings who have wing riders in their Top 10 (we were all there once obviously) but the enthusiasts who've built up a good variation of coasters won't have a wing coaster anywhere near their top 10.

However, if this is a wing coaster there are of course advantages to enthusiasts; First off, it's a cred! and with everyone queuing for it, Voyage will probably have really short queues for a couple of months.

To Joey's point...you must have high standards. I have been on 2 good B&M Wing Riders.

To Darren's point, I agree unless you are counting Skyrush as a Wing rider (its kinda a hybrid), which sits at my #1 overall. After that I have Gatekeeper at #19 on my steel list and Wild Eagle at like #25 on steel.

Darren B

Giga Poster

^Nope. I'm specifically talking about the B&M wing coaster. Skyrush is in my top 10 and it's amazing! Baco is also in my top 50. Non of the B&M's feature in my top 50. They're not bad coasters; and they all deliver a solid 7/10, just, they don't tick enough boxes for me.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

The day of announcement has arrived. Time to pony up and state your final predictions.

B&M 4D? Launched? Invert? Flying? etc.

Looking at the price tag of $22 million, it has moved me to the B&M camp. And why not? Let's go with winged coaster.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

On a side note, some hints that were dropped in the Holiblog (http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/20 ... nal-hints/).

- Designers are from Germany (of course, isn't every steel coaster designer?).
- Name of the ride carries a spelling similar to Bastille. Given the reference to a giant winged creature picking up the ship in the 66 Days chronicle, what about "Basilisk?" Same amount of characters, but not the same words, and a nice reference to a large reptilian creature.

All will be revealed tonight during the live stream, starting at 8 PM EST at http://www.holidayworld.com/66days/.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Same kind of thing here, B&M Wing Rider(ala Skyrush) with lap bars.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I think it's a coaster with at least one drop and it goes over 15 mph themed to Lebron James and clearly the best part is Canada section which will just feature onboard audio saying "Sorry aboot that eh!" and the audio will happen right after a trim.

Obviously from clues it is a Mack multilaunch as the front looks like the head of a shovel and you are diving into the ground and will be attempting to jab a snakes head off.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^^ The Bastille hint was simply a misspelling on how it would sound. How would a kid spell it if they only heard the word? Basteel or Basteal. Simply, it was a clue hinting towards a steel coaster.

^ Is that before or after the section that will be powered by the whole train screaming "KING JAMES" at the top of their lungs?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Darren B

Giga Poster

^Basically Cedar Point joked that they'd rename one of their rides 'King James' if Lebron James joined the Cleveland Cavaliers. Since then 2012Jarrett has taken that as gospel and is expecting it to actually happen, so he's being lightly mocked. ;)

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

My bet is on either the first B&M launched coaster or a B&M flyer. My dream would be that somehow this could be a launched flyer, but I know how extremely unlikely that is to be.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^I think a flyer's definitely possible. A terrain one would be really cool.

Darren B said:
^Basically Cedar Point joked that they'd rename one of their rides 'King James' if Lebron James joined the Cleveland Cavaliers. Since then 2012Jarrett has taken that as gospel and is expecting it to actually happen, so he's being lightly mocked. ;)

Thanks, that kind of makes sense now. :)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

^, ^^^ I would have just thought it was a publicity stunt but they acknowledged it and said they were going to honor the deal after the announcement was made. I don't know if they'll permanently do it or not but I think they'll probably do something. Totally fine if you want to laugh in my face when they don't, though. I personally don't even care, I just think the whole thing's hilarious. :p

As for this ride, I'm pretty much sold on it being a B&M wing coaster with rotating seats of sorts and I think this will finally give us a home for the orange track at Clermont. As for the exact rotation, I'm guessing it won't be much. Maybe it remains locked for most of the ride but for some elements like a zero-g or a loop they unlock allowing for free rotation? Other ideas I had included what was essentially a wing coaster with half a flyer train on each wing that flipped forward allowing for a flying wing coaster, though I think it wouldn't be that much different from a traditional flying coaster except for the elements. The final potential scenario I'll propose would be a simple version of the 4D coaster in which it would occasionally flip, such as tilting you head-first for a straight drop like Raptor's or Wild Eagle's or a full 360 degree flip on a zero-g roll (X2's half zero-gs were AWESOME), or maybe some inverted elements like a pretzel loop (not a batwing, Tatsu has a pretzel loop, Banshee has a batwing, they are different elements. :p ). I just hope if it's 4D it starts facing forward. X2 was awesome but I don't see you doing anything with a layout longer than X2 with rear-facing trains.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

I will be extremely surprised if it's a new concept for B&M. I'm sticking with a generic wing coaster.

BBH

Giga Poster

^Agreed. I don't expect B&M to do anything too crazy aside from maybe a launch. They have a product that works and that fits this project very well. No need to add rotating seats.

I honestly have no idea where people get the idea that B&M is gonna do spinning seats...

_koppen

Hyper Poster

BBH said:
I honestly have no idea where people get the idea that B&M is gonna do spinning seats...

And sure as hell not on a 23 million budget..