Four miles from my house - can't wait!

1115637_article_img_large1.jpg

grandprix-of-america-weehawken.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m4twIh3ovA[/youtube]

port_imperial_600.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E06Md2lGt8Q[/youtube]

nealbie

CF Legend
I've been VERY intrigued by this. It may turn out to drive well, maybe. But at the moment it's so ghetto and vile and backwards <///3

Everything Formula One is not. It's so Indy/Champcar and stuck where F1 was in the 70's. Indianapolis they got it spot on - this, however is not what F1 needs. But you never know.

jayjay

Giga Poster
It's been out for ages, but I still stand that the hilly back section of that circuit looks awesome fun.

bmac

Giga Poster
Personal Note for anyone interested in this. New Jersey's streets are paved horribly, just see the backlash of Indycars at Baltimore and replace that with an F1 car.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Got a laugh out of my friend's facebook comment:

In qualifying, and less so in the race, I feel like the BBC have got a bit carried away with the high quality technical expertise of Gary Anderson. Its a bit like "Ah, I see Sebastian Vettel has turned the steering wheel and the car has gone round a corner. Gary, could you tell us a little bit more about that?"

Also, Massa on Senna as best overtake of the year?

T0M

Hyper Poster
Enough with these stupid street circuits. They might look pretty and bring in lots of cash but they are **** for racing.

marc

CF Legend
I don't know if anyone watched the gp2 race? Singapore during the day the track is as bad as Valencia, a total mess.

marc

CF Legend
I've given up on it anyway could not be bothered after the 4th race so just left it alone. Think I'm still 2nd?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, we're 1, 2 and 3 :)

I'm not into this whole "changing your team" thing anyway. Pick at the start and stick with it. I just wanted to see how competitive somebody with zero knowledge and zero interest in F1 could be :lol:

Martyn B

CF Legend
I really enjoyed the race yesterday, just a shame Vettel had to go and ruin it.

And I'm gutted about Jake leaving </3

jayjay

Giga Poster
Tom G said:
Enough with these stupid street circuits. They might look pretty and bring in lots of cash but they are **** for racing.
I think if this year has proven one thing, it's that the track doesn't really matter too much. I'd give "exciting race of the year" to Valencia and Monza was fairly mundane (though I have my qualms about Monza *pleasedonthurtme*). The only tracks I'd say consistently churn out dull races are Monaco and Budapest, though even Monaco last year had its fair share of stuff happening. Budapest 2010 was alright too, though that was mainly the mad pitstop rush during the safety car period.

marc

CF Legend
The only reason we have had loads of over taking this year is the tyres. On tracks where tyres have not gone off the races have been dull.

This years racing has been totally fake. Even at the last race massa was told to slow down and not wear his tyres out. They are driving round 2 seconds a lap slower than they need to just to save tyres and fuel.

This is not what F1 should be about. It's meant to be the fastest cars and drivers.

Some people love this year I'm not one of them.

nealbie

CF Legend
Agreed Marc. Schumacher hates it - and said the same after Bahrain about driving about five seconds per lap within the car which is not F1. It's all about who has the most efficient car at 80/85%.

The overtaking is fun, don't get me wrong. But it's so simulated <///3

Mark

Strata Poster
furie said:
Yep, we're 1, 2 and 3 :)

I'm not into this whole "changing your team" thing anyway. Pick at the start and stick with it. I just wanted to see how competitive somebody with zero knowledge and zero interest in F1 could be :lol:

I think I changed my team at the beginning of the season and I haven't even logged into it since. I too can't be bothered with chopping and changing. Especially considering the fact I have found this season as dull as dishwater. From the horrible coverage on sky to the totally fake racing itself I end up invariably bored at every race :-(

T0M

Hyper Poster
I strongly agree with Marc. as Michael said, it's like running behind the dafety car this year.

With the new regs in 2014, the sport will become even slower (around five seconds per lap). It no longer takes your breath away like it did with the old V10s that used to scream around corners. Let people race and drive to the absolute limit. When Schumacher retires again, I will also be retiring from it - there's just no reason to watch.