What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

Meh, I was dissapointed. I was looking forward to a crazy race, with all the bad weather predicted, and nothing happened.

Well done to Webber though, I do like him. I hope he will move to a team that treats him better.

It was great to attend my first F1 race, at Silverstone this weekend. The camping was muddy and far from ideal but nothing really bothered us as we were there for the racing and to have fun (which we did). It was awesome to see so many world champions out on the circuit racing, and also wet practice and qualifying sessions! It was disappointing for the British lads, not least Paul di Resta, but a great spectacle - particularly Hamilton's donut in front of our grandstand at the end.

Looks like Ferrari is starting to get with the program, and with Alonso already leading that = goooood news!
I love Alonso and Webber, I'd be ecstatic if either took the title.

For me this year I want to see Alonso win it, he deserves it for what he done with that car. The car is now on par though.

As for mclaren they have blown it. Lewis has lost 27 points due to the pit stop problems and that's why he's so far behind. Yes Valencia did not help but he should have been way out ahead.

As for button the less said about him the better lol.

Webber though is showing vettel the way now a driver has more control over the car.

What happened in Valencia really annoyed me, Maldonado is such a clumsy driver.(having said that it did make way for a podium for my favorite driver Mr Schumacher, so it werent all that bad) But yeah its not just that, anything that can go wrong with McLaren will go wrong.
I used to really dislike Alonso, but he has really impressed me so far this season, he has drove superbly, as long as it aint Vettel again then I will be happy.
I have really enjoyed watching the Lotus team this year also.

I definitely disliked Alonso at first. During the '10 season all he seemed to do was complain about things, but he's really grown on me. Now he's finally got a half decent Ferrari, he can most likely take this year. Massa's stepped up a notch too by the looks of things. Alonso could make many drivers look bad, but Massa was definitely in another league at the start. Since Monaco, he's suddenly following Alonso a lot more closely.

Mclaren have gone backwards and Jenson's smooth driving style doesn't seem to work with what they have. Red Bull are fantastic as always (or should that be Adrian Newey is fantastic as always) and I really want Lotus to get a win at some point. Also, come on Caterham, score a point already!

I was the same with Alonso but I can now see the skill behind the wheel and he's more open etc.

I think we are in for a shock when Lewis goes to Ferrari next year, as it's looking more and more to be the case. Hope he does not but think he needs out of mclaren now.

Button is like dc, when everything is perfect he can win but he cannot drive around problems.

Alonso is my favorite driver, but bias aside he's driven the best thus far and with Ferrari on pace this spells bad news for the field.
I also like Webber so if by some chance he manages that'd also be great.

Vettel would fine, pretty neutral.
Great driver but Hami's attitude has kind of started to rub me the wrong way.

It has been crazy with McLaren ...such a well running team, crazy how they have shot themselves in the foot, and with an automatic rifle.
Agreed with Button..fine driver when everything is fine but just never "wows" me and can't seem to step up. Same with Massa. I can't wait to see him out of Ferrari!

I've got a lot of grudging respect for Alonso, as has been said, he's done some genuinely impressively things with a Ferrari that was originally less than convincing, and as the last few weeks have shown, he's a bloody good driver.
However, there's something about him that I just can't bring myself to like, so I have to say, I'd sooner see the title go to one of the Red Bulls (preferably Webber, his turn's long overdue) again this year.
I can't get excited about McLaren at all, but after an uninspiring Saturday, I think they could still surprise this afternoon now the track's (annoyingly) dried up - either way, it's going to be interesting.

AND of course, I still don't think we've seen all that Force India's got to offer - I'd forgotten how good Hulkenberg is in the sort of conditions we saw yesterday :)

I used to not get the irrational hated of Alonso. I mean he never dominated like Schumi did but then I later found out apparently all Brits hate him and all Spaniards hate Hamilton.
Silly...but shows why it's tough to have two number ones on a team. IDK how McLaren has managed thus far...with a few bumps.

I actually used to hate Schumi but that cooled over time and I actually respect/like him now!
Pretty much no one I dislike, just miffed that Massa is so bad and Hami's attitude bugs me but he's a great driver and I like to see him do well.

Anywho, the new points system can wipe it out fast but Alonso has a great lead from his third win!
My other favorite driver Kimi grabs third, and Button with the second so that's a good podium in my book.
The field is filled with so much talent and decent rides this season, it's been total madness.

I've also been a big fan of Kam Kobayashi and would like to see him, or Rosberg, promoted...but sounds like Perez has the Ferrari seat and Webber is staying another year.

RbR can sod off after what they have been doing with the engine mapping.

So pleased vettel did not get away with that move today, he also ran off track near enough every other lap and tried pushing ms off the track on lap 1. Then lied to everyone after the race saying jb never spoke to him about the pass, jb did we all heard it.

Alonso should win this year he's the best out there.

Lewis done nothing wrong trying to un lap himself it's perfectly ok, vettel did not moan in 2008 when Kubica done it in brazil and it helped him pass Lewis and nearly cost Lewis the title. Yes maybe it's not in the spirit of racing, but RbR would know all about that!

Brits dont hate Alonso at all. I don't really like him but respect him on the track he's got better and better and he's the best out there now.

The Spanish hate Lewis due to the year they were team mates which is silly tbh.

I used to really not like Alonso due to when he started in f1 and the silly things he done. Like not slowing down for yellow flags in brazil and having a huge crash, and in hungry brake testing someone in practise and then causing ms to get a penalty.

Alonso has moved on from that stuff.

Button should once again in Germany that when a car is good he can drive it, but he was still slower than Lewis even though Lewis had a damaged car.

Alonso is a brilliant driver, but if you're talking personality then that's another issue, but it's the case with all drivers. Many are hard to like as people.

I have always thought that Schumacher is the best (despite my family trying to drill into me Hill was in 1996) but I did not take to him too much in his first career (particularly before he joined Ferrari). But think he came back he has smiled and laughed a lot more and shown much better sportsmanship, particularly towards his mechanics - despite their many balls-ups this season.

Fake Jake Humphrey is leaving the BBC at the end of the F1 season.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, he is biased and bitchy.

Not the best news, but the BBC can surprise. I remember thinking how Ted Kravitz was a major loss from their team but then they managed to find Gary Anderson, who, despite not having the same TV personality charisma, does an amazing job of the technical stuff. Ben Edwards wasn't the best commentator to get, but there's an automatic one-up on Legard for actually knowing something about the sport.

The BBC have a good amount of presenters, but finding one who cares enough about the sport and can gel with DC and Eddie will be the biggie.