What's new

Fårup My Frikadella Trip Reports!

Peter

Hyper Poster
I'm finally home!

Another amazing Euro Live with great people and coasters. Big thanks to Slayed for all the planning, the drivers and to everyone else who went for a great week.

The journey home today was not so fun - taking 6 hours to drive back from Stansted to Bournemouth, which should only normally take just over 2. Still, it was nice to end the live with a huge brunch/breakfast with those staying at the Harlow lodge.

Annoyed I missed the antics at the bar on Thursday night, but I was in the other hotel to where all the action was. We walked for about 45 mins to try and find some nightlife, and found crap all. :(

Just need to look through all the photo's now, upload mine and write my reports. Fun times!

Mark

Strata Poster
Ok, I have been searching for about 30 minutes now and I still can't translate the phrase from our free TShirts.

Cur Menja! (With a little accent thing above the C looking like a minature V)

I believe it is Russian, since Jerry has already told us it wasn't German. Novgorod is in Russia so I thought that might be the possibility to try....?

I don't think I have completely got it yet, but on one translator it came back and said Cur of Menja. Is it possible it just simply means Curse of Menja (Menja may be the wolf thing that is part of the story?)

I don't know why it is, but it's simply bugging me because I don't know what it means. TRAMPOLINES!

Ollie

CF Legend
Does anyone know where I can find a translation of the story? Want to know why the scarecrows were everywhere and why an evil thing attacked us at the end.

Mark

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Does anyone know where I can find a translation of the story? Want to know why the scarecrows were everywhere and why an evil thing attacked us at the end.

I'm working it all up now, I'll either have it up tonight or tommorow for everyone. BUT the story has not been fully revealed yet. Basically, from what I have found out in a bit of research, they are revealing the story in stages as part of the marketing via the website. There is a game like structure where you read passages in a book and there is occasional videos (that are hard to follow as I don't understand the accents so well) which begins to peel away the layers of the story.

As I say, I'll continue to work it all up and post as soon as im done...

UPDATE: I've posted it all up in the construction topic for the ride in spoiler tags for you Ollie (and anyone else interested) http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/view ... 839#613839

Ollie

CF Legend
I couldn't find my Fluch soundtrack last night. I searched my bedroom floor for it and couldn't find it. I then went downstairs for dinner to find my mum was playing it in the kitchen. I was glad to find it again. :)

And the themeing I brought from it is still doing well. It got through airport security alright and is now sitting next to my TV.

Mark

Strata Poster
After an age of waiting for the pictures to load up and the page to stop moving all over the place I have finally managed to get to the bottom of the page!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, I'm up to day three and the ERT on Lynet at Farup Sommerland. Excellent day as it also included the Trampoline moment!

Here is our group photo...
IMG_6231.jpg

And the rest of the album. I only have a couple from Karolinelund. Again, I haven't done all the tagging.. Enjoy...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 8e4720ffe0

Pierre

Strata Poster
I'm far too pissed off to write anything good at the moment, the UK is **** as are many other things which have managed to piss me off since being back.

It was a great trip though, nice to speak to people I wouldn't normally get the chance to, especially Brad & Ryan.
Also nice to meet Jerry & the kid.

So... thanks to;

- Slayed for organising an amazing live
- Jerry for a lot of help when we were lost in translation
- All the drivers for taking us from A to B (and B to C and C to D and so on...)
- Everyone else for just being great company, it wouldn't have felt half as good if it wasn't for you guys.

marc

CF Legend
Day 1 Heide Park.

We after leaving home at 3am for the airport and not sleeping at all during the night I was rather tired but was well up for the park.

We got the cars and headed off.

Jerry and the Kid were waiting for us at the gate, was great to meet them both. We waitied for everyone to arrive then went it. The park was stunning so nice to look at everything was well themed and land scaped. Slayed informed us that Colossos was broken but we had been given ERT on Destert Race.

1st coaster was Schweizer Bobbahn. Was fun best type of this coaster I have been on by far was quiet shocked at the speed of it.

Grottenblitz powered coaster. Was ok for a powered coaster but nothing great, tbh can not remember much about it sort of says it all lol.

Indie-Blitz kiddy coaster. Again not much to say lol.

Big Loop. I was looking forward to this coaster but it was rather forceless but was not rough and gave a good ride.

I sat out Limit as I was feeling rather ill at this stage, I thought I would need to go back anyway to ride Colossos and it was only an SLC. I regret this now lol.

We went to the meet up point for ERT as we were meant to be going on Desert Race but as we got there the Colossos music started playing and the ride was testing. The staff gave us Champagne to say sorry about us not being able to ride Colossos so the group were quiet happy drinking this :). Jerry was speaking to the park person who met us and a few minutes later we saw a train go with people on it. We were then informed we would get 1 ride :)

Colossos. What a coaster best woody I have been on. With no warm up it was still so fast and loads of airtime. Problem for me was I was not feeling great and this coaster finished me off, I went to sit down after and totally missed a rock :(

We were then taken over to Desert Race, which was better than Rita. It was smooth that is what the difference was, the extra bit at the end adds nothing tbh.

I do wish we had time for Scream as it opened late in the day due to a break down but these things happen.

We then headed out the park and went to the 1st hotel.

All in all a great day and great park, the park does need better food places though. If you want a drink you have to get in the same queue as people are for food which is stupid. People queued 30 mins for a drink, yes just a drink. Staff in the park were great very friendly and helpfall why can not all Merlin Parks be like this?

Pictures are here. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... c1b4e4bece

Please feel free to use any pictures for the park guide.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
I'd just like to give my thanks to Slayed, the drivers, navigators and everyone who went.

Nice reports and pics so far people, keep 'em coming. I will be doing my trip reports later when I can be arsed to do them.

On-Ride videos now I think.

Piraten
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m25_P-yaVXg&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

Lynet
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4TIqAlqn0c&feature=channel[/youtube]

Dæmonen
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQMS1zUlJnE&feature=channel[/youtube]

Novgorod
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULEsoTqTukc&feature=channel[/youtube]

Mark

Strata Poster
Daemonen POV: At the end of the day...... I am now almost wetting myself with laughter!

good capture there Martyn!

I'm enjoying these reports quite a bit! I'm glad everyone ended up getting on Colossos in the end, and that most of the rides were enjoyed. Sounds like a good time, and I wish I could have been there :( .

And ouch to what happened to Mouse AT.. Get better!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
OK I am more awake now, so here we go.

Things we have learned from Euro-Live:

Boring man at Bakken is BORING!

but he told us about creosote...

I'd just like to add:

Technical park are awesome!

Slayed

Hyper Poster
^I thought that Pegasus ride at Friheden was one of the best flat rides ever - and then we got to Tivoli and I died and went to Flat Ride Heaven :lol:

Double postage ahoy!

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Well after a bit of faffing I finally got back home at midnight last night.

It may be an overused word, but it's the only one that fits - EPIC trip!

The combination of brilliant people, fantastic rides and awesome parks made it one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Thanks everyone for making it so much fun, especially the drivers, and Jerry in particular for his enormous help with the language and his dedication to helping out whoever needed it.

Thanks also for the collection, was most unexpected and left me with a tear in the eye. Catherine and I have decided to put it to good use on the honeymoon - paying for entry into Mirabilandia and Gardaland! :p

And of course along with everyone else I wish Andy a speedy recovery - get well soon mate!

The parks deserve a special mention for their stunning generosity to us - many a time it had me in awe. I'll be making sure CF thanks them all for all their efforts, and it unquestionably puts the UK parks to shame.

I still haven't decided what my favourite coaster of the trip was, so much quality to choose from.

My favourite ERT was the Piraten one - it was just so much fun on a great coaster with the Djurs team getting right into the spirit of it.

Djurs was also my favourite park, I loved the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere and the emphasis on family fun. Hansa came a close second with their extra attention to fun built into the rides.

Keep the photos and reports coming, I'll try and get that SCAD tower footage up soon :).

OH btw - I got my stepmum to research a translation of that Novgorod t-shirt (she's a language whizz) - you won't believe this!

Not Russian as such. It'll be one of the old states. "Čur" isn't Slavic in origin...it has hits in Dravidian languages, and also more in the Kazakh/Kirghiz/Turkish lands. My guess is that the whole phrase probably comes from that area; somewhere that blended Dravidian and Slavic.

"Menja" is either "me" or "my" or "mine". I've found reference for "Čur" meaning "to pierce" or "to insert".

LMGDAO!

It means "Fcuk me!"
:lol:

Mark

Strata Poster
And so this coaster train rolls on...

We are now on Part 5 of my photos and Day 4 of the trip. Tivoli Gardens and Bakken.

The gardens was one of my most favourite parks because of it's sheer beauty and the awesome staff. Then there is the most intense and exciting ride I have ever ridden! Vertigo, the giant spinning intensity marathon that makes boosters look ridiculous! I want one in my garden!

Here is the fantastic photo of the group right in amongst the old wooden coaster during our tour. The ride op who took the tour actually gave up his break to do so. Would you see that in the UK? Not on your life! Unfortunately there were a couple of people who missed this as it was very last minute and they were actually on the ride!
IMG_6302.jpg

Would you believe there was a rain shower at the time!

and the rest of the photos...
{Apologies guys, i've had to reupload it because osme photos were playing silly buggers... if you made any comments or taggings they will need to be done again}
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 9bc343cd98

marc

CF Legend
^^^Vertigo was great, I think we were all worried about being/feeling sick but nothing at all apart from a rush that I felt for ages.

I would love to see one in the UK at a sae side park as I think in a big park they would not be able to cope with the through put.

It was the best flat ride I have ever been on and the G was just amazing.

Pegasus was also great even with Will trying to kill people with his glasses case lol. Again I would like to see one in the UK.