What's new

English Football 2009/2010 Season

^Portsmouth at the end displayed the problems a team can encounter when pushing for a winner/equaliser to great effect, a harsh looking result based on the game though...

Biggest game of Palace's year and I'm not gonna be there... Lol... Damn you ITV for making it a Sunday...

Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie meets with the HMRC about the outstanding tax bill.
The officer tells him "I'm going to let you off with the £11.5million tax bill as I'm a great admirer of Pompey and think they are a fantastic club".

Storrie in a starled manor replies "really?"

In which the tax officer says "no, I'm winding you up"

^ Nice joke, weak punchline.

Portsmouth FC have set up a hotline after yesterdays game to those who are affected:

Call 0800 4-1 4-1 4-1

It's free because its priceless ;)

Back to Football we got drawn against Birmingham at home, long as we get past March 1st and beat them we'll be back to Wembley!
Not bad for a bottom of the league club ;)

Can't believe Stoke's draw. First we've got to beat Man City which is managable seeing as we should have done it yesterday, but then Chelsea away. :(

Twice Palace were in the lead! Oh well.

I'm wondering what tactics Villa will use in the replay, seeing as it's midweek before the Carling cup Final. What do they value more, winning that, or getting into the 6th round of the FA cup?

^I'm pissed off that Sky Sports seem to be ignoring the bloody goals...

Especially with the whole 'issue' with the second goal...

Gonna be an interesting replay, but Villa have a good squad to choose from...

Well done the lads (even though I have no idea what the hell happened ;))

Sky Sports don't have F.A Cup rights, so they'll breeze over the stuff they don't have the rights for.

Same happened when Middlesbrough did our two epic UEFA cup comebacks, because they didn't have the rights they pretty much ignored the fact it happened!

Neil Warnock was rightly furious at the corner which lead to Villas goal. The only potential plus side I can see is that the replay is four days before their Carling Cup final so you might face a weakended side, and a weakended crowd with people saving for the final...

Just realised how I spelt weakened. :\

Yeah that was a great free kick, people are saying Friedel should have done better but I don't think anyone was expecting it, the surprise element caught everyone out, including Brad!

Nah - you'll go bust before that! ;-)

(actually I take no great joy in teasing Pompey; despite never really liking you lot (thought you were a good well supported Div1 team, but jumped up upstarts in the Prem and I always had a thorough dislike of "Honest" 'Arry back in those days) - but it IS scandalous what the gits that "own" your club have done to it in serach of the big ££££. Those buggers will walk away and the fans will be left picking up the pieces. The FA should be ashamed for letting that happen.)

Having said that, if Pompey go bust before the end of the season all results involving them are void, and since you managed to beat Wolves at Molineux, that can only work in our favour!

YAAAAAHHHH, shove that in your faces United!!! That's Man Utd & Chelsea dealt with, bring on the world! God its good to have Arteta back!

That Man U spite was amazing <3 Everton.

And we may have lost today to Chelsea, but, I'm happy with how Wolves played, put up a good fight. Shoulda got a penalty in the second half though... booo ref!

Apparently now Southend may be hitting administration...

The FA need to sort something out, because what with the new home-grown rules coming in next season, there will be several of the Premiership clubs grabbing players from Championship and so on to sit on a bench to make up the numbers...

Urgh...

Least I get to watch Palace get stuffed by Villa tonight online I guess...

^ No the thing that needs doing is strict laws stopping clubs spending beyond their means. Simple, plus a wage cap.

^That does need doing Dave, but they're still bringing in the 8 home-grown in a squad of 25 (or something similar) next year...

The current state of football is a damn sorry affair... You need to spend to do well, but then if you cannot keep it up then you fail...

Too many crooks spoil the broth...

The feed at the start of the second half was epically bad, so I stopped watching...

In typical fashion, Palace play well and get a penalty...

I'm not watching it still... Just in case...

EDIT - I should also have learnt by now not to do such updates because it'll usually go tits-up... :p