What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

RCF

Strata Poster
I'm guessing because they're copyrighted and park property, so if someone releases them without park permission, they could get in a lot of trouble, possibly sued. So that was good on your part CMonster.

Mike T

Mega Poster
Right, it's disclosing the intellectual property of that theme park which is a huge offense... and illegal here in the United States.

Ben

CF Legend
Looks like the trains will be short-ass, Maverick-esque things looking at how close the "front row" and "back row" markers are.

... or did we know that :S

Snoo

The Legend
Actually, I don't think anyone knew. But, they probably looked at Maverick's capacity and the layout similarities (multiple blocks), the necessity for a shorter and more numerous train setup was the most likely possibility.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Ooh, double post, but it's worth it!

Ratmead over at Orlando United (the guy who released the other plans/artwork) posted a couple of pics here that show the trains.

According to the plans, there will be four cars of two rows of two, so sixteen people per train. Loading is like Sheikra, two loading areas, and then the first train launches while the second train is kept in a holding area.

OTSR, unfortunately. From what the plans show.

Hurry up and check them out before they are taken off the site! If anybody really wants to see them and are too late, I can send them via PM or whatever.

andrus

Giga Poster
Ohh, that's too bad..

I've just been visiting Italy and riding iSpeed with equally long trains and the capacity of that coaster is far worse than the B&M Katun in the same park. A queue of the same size took 40 mins on iSpeed while it only took 15-20 mins on Katun, ie double the time. Even though the staff launched a train every minute (I clocked them :p) the capacity was far worse..

Another let down is that the BGT coaster will have normal trains. I really hoped it would have wing walker trains :( I'm sure it'll still be a great coaster, a bigger version of iSpeed/Maveric, but nothing extra ordinary. Now I'm looking forward more to the Gardaland and Heide Park coasters!

Rush

Giga Poster
andrus said:
Ohh, that's too bad..

I've just been visiting Italy and riding iSpeed with equally long trains and the capacity of that coaster is far worse than the B&M Katun in the same park. A queue of the same size took 40 mins on iSpeed while it only took 15-20 mins on Katun, ie double the time. Even though the staff launched a train every minute (I clocked them :p) the capacity was far worse..

If this supposedly has many short block sections then it should surely have a higher capacity if staff are efficient. Especially with the double loading stations this seems to have. iSpeed looks like it's block sections are pretty long so it can't send a train out as quickly.

Another let down is that the BGT coaster will have normal trains. I really hoped it would have wing walker trains :( I'm sure it'll still be a great coaster, a bigger version of iSpeed/Maveric, but nothing extra ordinary. Now I'm looking forward more to the Gardaland and Heide Park coasters!

Problem with wing walkers is that the layout probably won't be very flexible. Also they take up far more space so the standard trains are probably a far more desirable option.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
2 4-Car trains loading? The through-put should be AWESOME providing they get over 6 dispatches every 10 mins. That allows 1.40mins for loading. Thats 1152pph. Get 7 in and you get a potential 1344pph. 1.25mins per load.

Oh I love working out throughputs. They excite me very much :)

andrus

Giga Poster
Well lets say that the coaster will have a capacity around 1200-1300 pph (and then they have to dispatch trains like crazy) it's still not very good. Especially considering that Kumba and Montu has a capacity of 1700 pph and Sheikra ~1900 pph (Sheikra has no capacity specification on rcdb but Oblivion is listed as 1900 pph so Sheikra has to be somewhere around that). Put in mind that this will be the new big attraction at the park and that the capacity will be far below the existing coaster,I believe the queues will be very long..

Just a question of curiosity:
How long are the queues normaly on the big attractions at BGT?

CMonster

Giga Poster
From the hints given, however, I think this will be an attraction where waiting isn't really that bad. Like Manta, where it's basically an aquarium walk-through until you get to the ride.

At least, I hope it's that way. :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Statistically, Maverick has around 1200 riders per hour, yet even on busy days, the line moves fairly quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if Maverick's capacity is actually around 1500-1600 riders per hour by the way the line moves. I don't expect this coaster to be much different than Maverick capacity wise.

Snoo

The Legend
I have a feeling the numbers won't be too high but the line won't stop moving. I've found that to be the case with Maverick and.. to a slight extent.. Fahrenheit.

As far as lines at BGT.. I've been there on days I rode Sheikra 19 times in a row with no wait at all and where I had a 45 minute wait. But, like most B&M's, the line never stop.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I couldn't reallly tell from the plans, but is the nose of the train different from "normal" coasters of this type? It looked kinda curved and sleek...

CMonster

Giga Poster
Woo, double post! Am I bad or what?

ANYways, check out what Busch Gardens posted on their Faceboook page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/BuschGardensTampaBay?ref=ts

trackhd.jpg

It definitely looks like track, but what are your guys' opinions?

Oh, and new vids at http://www.buschgardens.com/bgt/buschgardens2011.aspx

Except you need a code. First one is
chase
[/url]